Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

(Iysa) The Cult of Kem Undelb

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Home-brew Settings & Conversions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you think that the Cult of Kem Undleb is a realistic fantasy organization?
Yes
15%
 15%  [ 7 ]
Yes
15%
 15%  [ 7 ]
Yes
15%
 15%  [ 7 ]
Yes
15%
 15%  [ 7 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Maybe, but it could use some tweaking
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
I don't know
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
I don't know
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
I don't know
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
I don't know
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
I don't care
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I don't care
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I don't care
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I don't care
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 44

Xander Soralin
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:20 am    Post subject: (Iysa) The Cult of Kem Undelb Reply with quote

Hey Gang,

I've been wanting to make some sort of contribution to the community for some time now, so here it is.

This is hopefully only the beginning of an attempt to Savage my long standing home-brewed fantasy setting. It is my intention to slowly add more about the setting in future posts, but that will have to wait. The Cult of Kem Undelb is a major organization in my setting and thus is very developed. Wet your appetite with this for now, and please let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Xander Soralin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Cult of Kem Undelb

Kem Undelb, The Foul One, The Dark Matron
(More Information on Kem Undelb Coming Soon!)

The Cult of Kem Undelb (CoKU) is a highly secretive quasi-religious order motivated by an ambition for power. The Cult counts influential merchants, high-ranking military officers, powerful wizards, ambitious nobles, and even royalty among its more powerful members. A vast web of spies, agents and informants are employed by the Cult to carry out their nefarious plots, many unaware of their masters’ secret motives. Fierce conflict is rife among the ranks, as each member of the Cult competes for The Dark Matron’s favour. Assassination attempts made by jealous rivals occur frequently, making for a highly paranoid membership.

Dark Cells operate in almost every major city on the continent, each having as many as a dozen influential members carrying on operations at once. Resources are jealously guarded, lest they be stolen away by a rival.

If a Secret Temple is located in or near a city, it is considered neutral ground, and one may linger there in relative safety. Secret Temples are literally impregnable fortress, protected by magical wards and traps as well as highly trained and loyal guards. The location of a Secret Temple is a highly guarded secret and only a select few know how to find it. A Secret Temple is lead by a powerful Mistress of The Dark Matron (See Below).

Arrow Mistress of The Dark Matron

The Mistress is a powerful and dedicated servant of Kem Undelb, providing religious leadership and guidance for the Dark Matron’s followers. Dark Cells located in larger communities have at least one Mistress among their ranks and Secret Temples are led by a Mistress of great power. A Mistress often holds a powerful ‘mundane’ position in society that she exploits to further her own goals and ambitions as well as those of the Cult.

Campaign Flavour: Princess Isabella Althorne, the recently crowned Queen of Romante, claimed the title of Mistress for herself after executing a rather malicious plot to obtain the Crown. Her plot involved the assassination of her parents, King [NAME] and Queen [NAME], as well as seeing to the ‘redemption’ of her older brother and heir to the Kingdom by order of the Grand Inquisitor.

Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d10, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Skills: Faith d10, Fighting d6, Guts d6, Intimidate d6, Knowledge (Religion) d8, Notice d6, Persuasion d8, Stealth d6, Streetwise d8, Taunt d6
Pace: 6, Parry: 5, Toughness: 5/7, Charisma: +2
Gear: Stinging Dagger(1) (Strength+3), Robes of Swiftness(2) (+2 Armor; Torso, Arms, Legs), 2 Potions of Healing
Special Abilities:
• Attractive: The Mistress is unnaturally attractive giving her a +2 Charisma
• Fanatical Loyalty: Allies of the Mistress benefit from the Command and Fervor Edges
• Spells: 20 Power Points and the following spells: Armor, Bolt, Dispel, Fear, Invisibility, Obscure, and Puppet (Other spells may be available depending on the Mistress)

1 Stinging Dagger (Strength+3); (+2 Damage, +1 Fighting)
2 Robes of Swiftness (+2 Armor; Torso, Arms, Legs); (+2 Armor, Quickness)

There is a 50% chance that a Mistress is encountered with 1d3+1 Foul Cultists
There is a 25% chance that a Mistress is encountered with 1d2 Acolytes of The Dark Matron

Arrow Acolyte of The Dark Matron

Acolytes of The Dark Matron are granted minor powers from their Godess. Dark Cells located in smaller communities are usually led by an Acolyte, or they may be found in the servitude of a Mistress.

Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Skills: Faith d8, Fighting d6, Guts d6, Intimidate d6, Knowledge (Religion) d6, Notice d6, Persuasion d6, Stealth d6, Streetwise d6, Taunt d6
Pace: 6, Parry: 5, Toughness: 5/8, Charisma: 0
Gear: Barbed Mace(1) (Strength+3), Plate Corselet (+3 Armor; Torso)
Special Abilities:
• Spells: 10 Power Points and the following spells: Armor, Bolt, Obscure, and Smite (Other spells may be available depending on the Acolyte)

1 Barbed Mace (Strength+3), (+1 Damage, AP 1)

Foul Cultist

Foul Cultists are fanatically loyal warriors who dedicate themselves to the service of The Dark Matron, receiving several boons in return for their loyalty. They are usually found among the retinue of a Mistress, or more commonly, guarding the Secret Temples of their Goddess.

Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d10, Vigor d8
Skills: Fighting d8, Guts d8, Intimidate d6, Knowledge (Religion) d6, Notice d6, Stealth d6, Streetwise d4,
Pace: 6, Parry: 6, Toughness: 6/8, Charisma: 0
Equipment: Falchion (Strength+4)
Special Abilities:
• Armor +2: Magical Body Tattoos
• Fearless: Foul Cultists are Immune to Fear and Intimidation
• Frenzy: Foul Cultists may make two attacks a round both at a -2 penalty

*Foul Cultists will almost always utilize the wild attack option in combat
Lakritsploppen
Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, i will try to use it in my fantasy camp. will be intresting.... (i hope) Rolling Eyes
essenbee
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would you consider submitting your cult as part of the Savage City Project? I think it would be a great addition Smile
Xander Soralin
Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why thank you very much, I will look into it. I've been long absent from this community unfortunately though, and some serious catching up is in order first off.
Captain Kronos
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks cool Xander. I think it is as good as any conspiracy I've seen in an RPG and much better than some I can name.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Home-brew Settings & Conversions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: