Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[DGP] TRES Hardcover
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Licensees
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you buy a 176-page hardcover of The Ravage Earth Society if the PDF version were included as well? Retail would be $29.95.
Yes
22%
 22%  [ 66 ]
Yes
22%
 22%  [ 66 ]
Yes
22%
 22%  [ 66 ]
Yes
22%
 22%  [ 66 ]
No
2%
 2%  [ 8 ]
No
2%
 2%  [ 8 ]
No
2%
 2%  [ 8 ]
No
2%
 2%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 296

The Warlord
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm one of those who don't buy PDFs, so when I first read about TRES I was disappointed, but hopeful for Slipstream. So, yes, I'd love TRES in book form!
charliebananas
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm one of those who don't buy PDFs, so when I first read about TRES I was disappointed, but hopeful for Slipstream. So, yes, I'd love TRES in book form!

Slipstream is an official setting published by GWG and as such is guaranteed a hard back release (barring some great catastrophe in the games market!), TRES on the other hand is a licensed product published by Double G Press, just thought Id clear that up. Wink
jblittlefield
Legendary

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

charliebananas wrote:
Quote:

Slipstream is an official setting published by GWG and as such is guaranteed a hard back release (barring some great catastrophe in the games market!), TRES on the other hand is a licensed product published by Double G Press, just thought Id clear that up. Wink

Beat me to it. Wink

Just to make it crystal clear: Double G Press - http://www.doublegpress.com - is an official Savage Worlds licensee. We are not associated with GWG is any other way.

The Ravaged Earth Society is an officially licensed Savage Worlds product being released by Double G Press...not a Great White Games release.

Arrow
The Warlord
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew that, sorry I wasn't more clear.

I meant that I'd like to play TRES, but if it's only PDF, I'll play my pulp out in the upcoming Slipstream game.
jblittlefield
Legendary

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Warlord wrote:
I meant that I'd like to play TRES, but if it's only PDF, I'll play my pulp out in the upcoming Slipstream game.

Two totally different games unless I'm sadly mistaken... Wink
Redeucer
Heroic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think what The Warlord means, JB is that there are different types of pulp. There is the pulp you are doing in TRES and then the Buck Rodgers-Flash Gordon pulp that Slipstream appears to be. So if he can't get his Shadow/Phatnom/etc. pulp in TRES, he'll take the Flash Gordon/Buck Rodgers pulp of Slipstream.

Redeucer
Darth Squirellious, Dark Rodent of the Sith!

"Mediocrity has never been so EPIC!"
- SlasherEpoch
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
The Warlord
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, you are correct, Redeucer. Sorry about the confusion!
jblittlefield
Legendary

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Northlander wrote:
Assuming I have the money available when it's released I would rather pay for the hardcover than just a PDF.

-Northy-

I'm going to hold you to that! Arrow

BTW, interested in doing a character sheet for the game? Wink
Ian
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the moment, i am only interested in hardbacks and do not consider anything which is pdf. I am waiting impatiently for my favourite wargames rules to be reprinted rather than having to deal with printed out sheets. It is a personal thing. ian
jblittlefield
Legendary

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it looks like people support the idea of bundling a PDF version along with the book, so assuming Peter is able to work out a deal with a printer, it looks like that's the route we're going to travel. Of course, the PDF will also be available as a standalone download (for $19.95) for those few of you that prefer PDF to hardcopy.
jblittlefield
Legendary

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian wrote:
I am waiting impatiently for my favourite wargames rules to be reprinted...

And what might those be?
mad monkey
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sign me up fer one. Very Happy
The Northlander
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jblittlefield wrote:
The Northlander wrote:
Assuming I have the money available when it's released I would rather pay for the hardcover than just a PDF.

-Northy-

Possibly. Why don't you PM me and tell me what the specifics are?

-Northy-
jblittlefield
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Northlander wrote:
jblittlefield wrote:
The Northlander wrote:

-Northy-

Possibly. Why don't you PM me and tell me what the specifics are?

-Northy-

Shoot me an e-mail and I'll send you an NDA and a draft copy of the Player's Guide. Wink
jblittlefield
Legendary

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jblittlefield wrote:
Well, it looks like people support the idea of bundling a PDF version along with the book, so assuming Peter is able to work out a deal with a printer, it looks like that's the route we're going to travel. Of course, the PDF will also be available as a standalone download (for $19.95) for those few of you that prefer PDF to hardcopy.

Just so you know ... Peter and I are considering (in other words, we're not making any promises at this point) some sort of "upgrade option" for those of you that buy the PDF and then decide that you'd like to get your hands on a real hardcover. No details yet, but just be aware that we are thinking of you. Wink
Ian
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jblittlefield - DBM 3.1 since you asked. I prefer to get my products bound and not in loose leaf (or even worse needing to be printed since I do not have a home computor at present). Similarly I prefer to get products from my FLGS ( I can not be bothered with sending for stuff outside Britain
due to problems with currency exchange). I also have a liking for 15mm or 10 mm figures due to weight and cost (when I used 25mm, the joke was that you could recognise a wargamer by his distorted posture due to carrying huge weights of wargames figures). Ian
jblittlefield
Legendary

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian wrote:
jblittlefield - DBM 3.1 since you asked. I prefer to get my products bound and not in loose leaf (or even worse needing to be printed since I do not have a home computor at present). Similarly I prefer to get products from my FLGS ( I can not be bothered with sending for stuff outside Britain
due to problems with currency exchange). I also have a liking for 15mm or 10 mm figures due to weight and cost (when I used 25mm, the joke was that you could recognise a wargamer by his distorted posture due to carrying huge weights of wargames figures). Ian

I used to play DBM, but after getting my hands on Might of Arms about five years ago, I haven't played any DBx (or anything with the "Taint of Barker", for that matter) since. Wink

15mm is my preferred scale for everything but American Civil War, for which I like 10mm.
jblittlefield
Legendary

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're still planning to do a hardcover so long as it's financially viable; however, the initial release will be PDF-only.

One thing we're considering is offering a pre-order on hardcovers -- you pre-order the book at about $7 above its intended retail price and get a copy of the PDF version and the Player's Guide as well. That way you can have something to chew on until the book arrives. Wink

Is this something that most people would be interested in?
Seeker of Truth
Heroic

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jblittlefield wrote:
We're still planning to do a hardcover so long as it's financially viable; however, the initial release will be PDF-only.

One thing we're considering is offering a pre-order on hardcovers -- you pre-order the book at about $7 above its intended retail price and get a copy of the PDF version and the Player's Guide as well. That way you can have something to chew on until the book arrives. Wink

I would be all over that like crazy. Personally, I don't see why anyone interested in the setting wouldn't. You get a perfect set up for running a game. A print copy to have, at least eventually, a pdf full copy for lookin at on trips, PDAs, and the like, and a player's guide to hand out to your players so their not all sharin your one copy of the book.

Its perfect.
jblittlefield
Legendary

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeker of Truth wrote:
jblittlefield wrote:

I would be all over that like crazy. Personally, I don't see why anyone interested in the setting wouldn't. You get a perfect set up for running a game. A print copy to have, at least eventually, a pdf full copy for lookin at on trips, PDAs, and the like, and a player's guide to hand out to your players so their not all sharin your one copy of the book.

Its perfect.

It would probably be a limited offer -- say one month -- with the intent of raising the money to fund a small print run.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Licensees All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: