Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How do you play Hell on Earth, stylewise?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What is your style and mood for HOE
Full of camp and fairly lighthearted.
3%
 3%  [ 3 ]
3%
 3%  [ 3 ]
3%
 3%  [ 3 ]
3%
 3%  [ 3 ]
Dark and grim.
6%
 6%  [ 6 ]
Dark and grim.
6%
 6%  [ 6 ]
Dark and grim.
6%
 6%  [ 6 ]
Dark and grim.
6%
 6%  [ 6 ]
It varies from being somewhat light to being a little harsh.
14%
 14%  [ 13 ]
14%
 14%  [ 13 ]
14%
 14%  [ 13 ]
14%
 14%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 88

UrielFallen
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SlasherEpoch wrote:
I think the armies of the dead would make a special effort to take out a bunch of Blessed.

They might be living on Holy Ground or possess some other kind of advantage. It's entirely possible that there could be some final enclave of the faithful left in the Wasted West, surrounded by the undead, but fairly safe. Kind of like the mall in Dawn of the Dead. I love the idea of a safe place being surrounded by millions of brain-eating zombies constantly crying for some food.
Heroic

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would imagine that some search parties are beginning to go Back East after the Harvest/Battle of Worms. I mean, the population of undead did drop considerably since then, and man it's just too tempting.
El Diablo
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SlasherEpoch wrote:
I think the armies of the dead would make a special effort to take out a bunch of Blessed.

Remember in The Unity adventure, they just create a special and very powerful bunch of zombie created from the toughest survivor from back east. The blessed could be in this bunch. And don't forget that what the zombies can't take, Raven himself could take it.
SlasherEpoch
Legendary

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UrielFallen wrote:
SlasherEpoch wrote:

They might be living on Holy Ground or possess some other kind of advantage. It's entirely possible that there could be some final enclave of the faithful left in the Wasted West, surrounded by the undead, but fairly safe. Kind of like the mall in Dawn of the Dead. I love the idea of a safe place being surrounded by millions of brain-eating zombies constantly crying for some food.

Which is fine until a battallion of veteran walkin' dead find a couple rocket launchers and a tank.

Zombies are like PCs in one regard only: Eventually, they'll find a way to break into anything.

Evil Wig Enterprises Minion #15 - "The
Machete"
King Snarf
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bear in mind though that it would not be inconceivable for such a community of Blessed to have a few Divine Interventions stored up for just such an emergency.

Check out my author page!
Shawn
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 3:33 am    Post subject: Play Smart or Die Reply with quote

My online posse (the first one at least) would agree that's the style I run. If you don't use teamwork in my game, don't have a plan, and basically don't use your heads, I'll kill every last one of you...horribly. But, I also include long stretches of downtime as well as giving them chances in character to Roleplay. Something else I've been pretty good about is limiting the amount of actual die rolls I make. And I reward the PCs for innovative ideas, clever dialogue, and hell, just for making me laugh.
Torque
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snap_Dragon wrote:
I was dissapointed by the denver sourcebook to say the least (Mayor Shawn Conner my ass). Also the whole back east thing... I'd like to see that opened up, I want to fall on my knees before a shattered statue of liberty screaming 'You maniacs, you blew it up!'. Visit the ruins of the whitehouse (probably too close to the pentagon to have survived though) as it switches hands every other week to some new nationalist road gang who want to sit in the oval office and crown themselves the president.

Don't forget the CSA nationalist road gangs who are always trying to blow it up.
TommyBrownell
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My apologies for the necro...

Assuming you have a posse that could travel into the East given what has happened, this reminds me of a very recent issue of the Buffy the Vampire Slayer comic in which (extra space just to be safe, and then highlight for spoilers)

Faith and Giles find a small village surrounded by vampires who are trying, but unable, to break in...because the town has been sacrificing Slayers to a fear-eating demon that the vampires are deathly afraid of. You could twist this a bit and give the town some kind of entity that demands a tribute, maybe something that's not a product of the reckoners...something Lovecraftian if you like...it keeps the agents of The Reckoning back in exchange for the town's tribute...put the PCs in a no-win of choosing to allow the town to continue their sacrifices, stop them and angering the entity (and having to fight it AND the agents of the Reckoners) or killing the entity and then still having to fight their way out...

Yeah, I don't know for sure how, yet...but I am totally doing that in Hell on Earth someday.
Teller
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snap_Dragon wrote:
I'd like to see that opened up, I want to fall on my knees before a shattered statue of liberty screaming 'You maniacs, you blew it up!'.

Actually, with the poor relations between the US and France, it would be unlikely that there is a Statue of Liberty. Maybe a statue of Defiance dressed like Athena holding a shield and sword instead of a book and torch.
Edivdrone
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarkAndEvilBastard wrote:
Faith and Giles find a small village surrounded by vampires who are trying, but unable, to break in...because the town has been sacrificing Slayers to a fear-eating demon that the vampires are deathly afraid of. You could twist this a bit and give the town some kind of entity that demands a tribute, maybe something that's not a product of the reckoners...something Lovecraftian if you like...it keeps the agents of The Reckoning back in exchange for the town's tribute...put the PCs in a no-win of choosing to allow the town to continue their sacrifices, stop them and angering the entity (and having to fight it AND the agents of the Reckoners) or killing the entity and then still having to fight their way out...

Yeah, I don't know for sure how, yet...but I am totally doing that in Hell on Earth someday.

Quote:
Try it in LC instead; skinnies wanting to get into on of their old centers of power, but afraid to because some humans who didn't know any better shacked up inside, and were tempted by said dark power, and now sacrifice anouks to it, in return for keeping the skinnies out and granting their leaders black magic.

TommyBrownell
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edivdrone wrote:

Quote:
Try it in LC instead; skinnies wanting to get into on of their old centers of power, but afraid to because some humans who didn't know any better shacked up inside, and were tempted by said dark power, and now sacrifice anouks to it, in return for keeping the skinnies out and granting their leaders black magic.

Hmmm...maybe..thing is, I think I can get guys to do Hell on Earth easily enough...I could see Lost Colony being a much harder sell for them. Either way, yeah, I'm using that idea for one or the other.
Edivdrone
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm...maybe..thing is, I think I can get guys to do Hell on Earth easily enough...I could see Lost Colony being a much harder sell for them. Either way, yeah, I'm using that idea for one or the other.

I was making a suggestion with a plausible cause involving a bunch of nasty, nasty enemies. And the posse in the position of who is in the right, and who is wrong.

Quote:
This becomes particularly poignant if the leaders of the cult have enslaved a large chunk of the other humans in the group who are completely innocent. They are now at risk of getting wasted by skinnies if the cult is taken out. How, then, is the posse to take out all the evil on both sides while protecting the innocent?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: