Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Savaging Star Wars (Yse, again. I'm sorry.)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Archives
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bill
Legendary

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon wrote:
Because we like toys, we're going to import ALL of these ideas into our StarPunk game (see 101 worlds). Different species' sheilds work differently if figure, and having a bajillion different types of sheild means more fun shopping.

Great! Clint's FFF Deflector Shields would be like holographic shields, harder to hit but once you do, watch out!

The extra wound screens would be like regenerating screens trying to protect the ship. Personally I would probably limit the number of such on any ship as a good engineer/Repair skill might be able to counter damage (on a small ship to ship game) for an overly long time.

You could also use a Power Shield idea with more (0) wounds but no way to repair or regenerate except time (say one capacitor could be replaced in an hour).

Benny Screens would be like the regenerating ones except they are a bit less reliable (relying on a good roll to stop damage) but could easily result in better protection if they ace.

The nice idea of trying these is finding out which ones work easiest. Keep us informed!
Mr. Freak
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why wouldn't absorption shields just be more Armor? When they are penetrated they go down?

While deflector shields could give a negative to the attack roll.

Although if you allowed for a charcter to activily manipulate the sheilds you could rule that the attack roll was an opposed roll. The attackers shooting roll vs. the defenders Knowledge(Deflector Shields) skill.
JR Kilroy
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:43 pm    Post subject: Hybrid Reply with quote

I was planning on using a hybrid of the systems mentioned here.

Shields work as the Deflection power -2/-4 if doubled.
First critical hit is always the shield generator.

Also, it would be possible to adjust the deflection modifier for the level of shielding. Perhaps a star destroyer has a -4 modifier but can't double it's shields; while a lightly armed merchant ship has a -1/-2 shield generator....
"I was gripped by the splendor of the Universe, transfixed by the prospect of understanding how things really work, of helping to uncover deep myseries, of exploring new worlds--maybe even literally." --Carl Sagan
bunn27508
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a lightsaber training edge to keep every joe blow from just picking up a lightsaber and useing it. that is one of the problems i have with the dXX version. since a lightsaber is difficult to wield i impose a -4 fighting penalty plus a fumbled roll results in bodily harm to the user. The lightsaber training edge voids the fighting penalty and you can goof up a roll but avoid the bodily harm. simple enough right?

In the hands of a Jedi character it gets fun. I allow them to spend bennies to reroll damage since lightsaber damage is fixed in my version of clone wars. they are AP4(heavy) weapons for AP purposes when wielded by a trained Jedi. I am also toying with the idea of letting characters use power points to do simple things like use thier parry score versus ranged attacks or gain a parry bonus of plus one for short durations of time. I know deflection and boost(fighting) are screaming to be used also. a rough draft saw techniques like "rending strike" which allowed a force trait(control) check in order to increase ap by +2/+4, the list goes on and on I am in the process of refineing all of it to FFF If anybody wants to see any of my ideas just pm me i will bglad to trade ideas with ya Very Happy
Sitting Duck
Legendary

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh friendly moderators! Think maybe you could archive this thread? There are some really great ideas here involving the concept of ship's shields.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Archives All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: