Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Black Chip rules

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> DL Archives
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CBeilby
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 1:41 pm    Post subject: Black Chip rules Reply with quote

For some reason, these rules no longer seem to be on the downloads page here. Does anyone know where I can find them currently?
Dane
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here you go. If you want, PM me for a Word version of this!

Game on,

Dane #freak

The Black Chip
Just as fate smiles on those that persevere against the odds and accomplish their goals, fate also frowns upon those that cause trouble and fail their desires. When the posse royally screws up an adventure and ends up leaving things worse than when they started, they earn a “Black Chip”. Some examples of screwing things up include raising a fear level, a major public disgrace for the posse, letting tough opponents get away, getting involved in the wrong side of a dispute and gaining major notoriety for their magical or bizarre talents which would draw the attention of the Tombstone Epitaph or government agency.

When a posse member draws a Black Chip from the fate pot, fate frowns upon the group and bad things are soon to come. Remove the Black Chip from the game just as you would a used Legend Chip. The posse member who drew the Black Chip does not get to draw a replacement chip. During the session, something bad will happen to the posse and that something will most likely notice the player who drew the Black Chip first if possible. For example, if the posse earned the Black Chip because they angered, attacked and fled from the notorious bandit “Six-gun Sanchez”, then maybe he came looking for the posse for revenge. And Mr. Sanchez most likely walks into the local saloon just as the unfortunate individual who drew the Black Chip was coming down the stairs...alone. Sanchez will most likely take out his pent-up aggression on right then and there, or follow the individual back to the posse before he begins causing trouble (depending how deserving he is and what kind of mood the Marshal is in). Say the posse earned the Black Chip because their huckster gained a reputation as a practitioner of the black arts, then maybe a team of Pinkertons or a posse of bounty killers will be aiming to take him dead or alive. Only the players may draw Black Chips. The possibilities are endless, but any way you look at it, the Black Chip is an omen that something wicked this way comes...

As an alternative, if the Marshal draws the Black Chip from the fate pot, he may treat it as a Legend Chip for himself. During that session, something bad will happen just as if a posse member had drawn it. Under this system, if the Marshal draws a true Legend Chip he returns it to the fate pot and does not redraw; therefore only the posse may have Legend Chips and only the Marshal can keep and use Black Chips. There may only be one Black Chip in the fate pot at a time.

A good way to mark the chips is to spray paint some of your extra blue chips. Use gold paint for a Legend Chip and black spray paint for a Black Chip. A permanent marker will show on a gold painted chip to mark it so that you can remember how the posse earned it. The posse won’t have more than one Black Chip, so the Marshal can decide which is the most interesting to keep in the fate pot.
Asmodai
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey someone should put this under the Archives forum...
Dane
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll try and see what I can do!

Game on,

Dane
Asmodai
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dane wrote:

Game on,

Dane

While you are at it, could i bug you about the MIRV post in which Teller put some unused material from Children of the Atom? (Hoe rules forum)
Dane
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asmodai wrote:
Dane wrote:

Game on,

Dane

While you are at it, could i bug you about the MIRV post in which Teller put some unused material from Children of the Atom? (Hoe rules forum)

Hi!

If you can give the me the post # I can try to relay a request. No promises, but...

Game on,

Dane #freak
Elijah Pact
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its this one (it features Teller giving out an unofficial chapter of the City of Sin HoE book, dedicated to a very fun organization, and how to play them)

http://www.peginc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4026
Marguerite
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dane wrote:
Game on,
Dane

Moved! Thanks for bringing it to my attention, Dane.

Quote:

This was already in the HOE archive folder. Thanks to all!

Marguerite

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> DL Archives All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: