Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HOE The Rest of the Earth
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are there survivor settlements outside the US West?
Yes
25%
 25%  [ 49 ]
Yes
25%
 25%  [ 49 ]
Yes
25%
 25%  [ 49 ]
Yes
25%
 25%  [ 49 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 196

Scarlet
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mort wrote:
Kain A. Ashburner wrote:

Hehe... for some reason no one has bothered to translate Asterix and bring it to the US yet. I doubt most people even know who he is.

We get translated versions over here.

not just books... I used to own the videos (also in English)
ScooterinAB
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my two bits. I'd have to guess that Canada and Mexico are pretty much in the same boat as America. I mentioned in another post, that I invision southern BC looking a bit like the Maze, southern Ontario and Quebec having the crap blasted out of them, and Alberta probably not being too much better off.

At least for Alberta (cause I live there), I see the northern part being a little like the Soiux (spelling?), but not as frightening. Mainly a huge Old-Wayer hangout. Most of Alberta would probably be ok (what with a 3 hour drive between our two major centres). Though there are a bunch of oil rig communities which I'd guess wouldn't fair well.

As for the rest of the world, I see most of Euorpe being a little worse off then the West. There are more closely knit centres there, and I'd imagine than France and the UK (in particular) taking a heavy beating. I actually see Russia being a little better off (physically) than America. I seem to think that since the fall of the Soviet Union, most of this area would have fallen off of the immediate radar.

Korea, China, and Japan probably wouldn't even exist. The mass population, and the modern day trend of fearing China and parts of Korea would likely land both on alot of countries' hit lists. I also see moat of the Third World having survived the bomb, but probably not the fallout and radiation.

All that said, I do think that alot of countries just started blasting out of principle, so Russia and parts of the Third World may not have fared as well. Also, Europe probably didn't have to deal much with the "Enemy Within" (bombs flying from within Europe), so I may have faired a little better, and thus be around equal level as North America.
Snap_Dragon
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

personally I'd rather disguard the whole dead east thingy. It closes off a great deal of adventure oppertunities. Who wouldn't like to fall to their knees in front of a shattered statue of liberty screaming 'you maniacs, you blew it up!'

I think it's kind of a cop out from writing a back east sourcebook.
Psykoguy
Heroic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But hey, after the Unity adventure, I'd imagine the population of Walkin Dead back east is lowered a considerable amount.
Father Wendigo
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psykoguy wrote:
But hey, after the Unity adventure, I'd imagine the population of Walkin Dead back east is lowered a considerable amount.

And with the rich, unplunderd salvage lying across the Bloody Ol' Muddy, the East becomes the new West!

We're through the looking glass, people! #Beer
Father Wendigo
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bumpage.

The main difference between America and Europe: America has Biker gangs, Europe has Chavs. Anyone care to argue?
Kain A. Ashburner
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Father Wendigo wrote:
Bumpage.

The main difference between America and Europe: America has Biker gangs, Europe has Chavs. Anyone care to argue?

Actually, considering how railroad is much more prevailent in Europe, I could totally see groups of Wasters making war trains and ether using them to raid settlements like tanks or as mobile fortresses to launch biker groups from...
JimmyKippins
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, but then some smart wasters would jack up the rails=no railroad.

Actually, a sourcebook for Japan would be cool, but there'd be alot less survivors, and alot less guns, and it would probably be some weird anime-deadlands mishmash.

Oh well.
Father Wendigo
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JimmyKippins wrote:

Actually, a sourcebook for Japan would be cool, but there'd be alot less survivors, and alot less guns, and it would probably be some weird anime-deadlands mishmash.

Oh well.

Considering all of the excessive corperate sprawl and the past issues with dumping excess waste like New Jersy, I think it'd be a paradise for Toxic Shamans. The whole shinto thing ties it together nicely, really.
Kain A. Ashburner
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Father Wendigo wrote:
JimmyKippins wrote:

Oh well.

Considering all of the excessive corperate sprawl and the past issues with dumping excess waste like New Jersy, I think it'd be a paradise for Toxic Shamans. The whole shinto thing ties it together nicely, really.

I could see Tokyo being something straight out of Shin Megami Tensai, with Demons (I.E. abominations) running amok topside and the last few groups of humans cloistered together in shopping malls underground. The amount of guns wouldn't be too low because of the low population remaining, but ammo might be a problem.
serekun
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it wouldn't strike me odd if they had mechs.

They might not have power armors, though. Those walking castles of mechs would deal the heavysupport.

Hmm, I wonder the possibility of a horde of sea-lizzards called "The Godzilla"...
Laughing
Kain A. Ashburner
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JimmyKippins wrote:

If this where true, wouldn't the American wasters have done it to the roads and highways? No, such infastructure is too importent... besides, the gangs could always enslave people to fix the damn things.
Psykoguy
Heroic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I wouldn't be suprised if entire sections of highways have been destroyed (hell, ever since one incident involving an overpass collapsing on a small trade caravan for a raider ambush, the posse's been paranoid on freeways).

Still, you gotta remember that the Convoy is always repairing and patching up the major highways, so it's not as much of a problem as it could be.
Torque
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually and Africa sourcebook would be awesome.
Kain A. Ashburner
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Torque wrote:
Actually and Africa sourcebook would be awesome.

Hmm... I actually doubt Africa would be hit too hard by the nukes, as there really isn't much there to justify it. However, I'm sure that Egypt has had some... interesting times with all the mummys Twisted Evil
Son of a Gun
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm interested in Hawaii. What did you guys have planned/do for Hawaii? Who owned it, the U.S. or the Confeds? What kind of Hawaiian horrors could have spawned there? Was there any precedent for oddness, as in some Weird West details on the place?

I like to think that perhaps the U.S. Government survived there and is planning to rebuild the country. Perhaps this is the organization Leo Poe mentioned in "Cyborgs". Maybe important officials we're secreted away to Pearl Harbor, to sit and plot and plan the conquest of the Earth.

What do you guys think? What's going on in Hawaii (and for that matter, what about Alaska)?

---------FALLOUT 2 SPOILER------------

In the Doom novels, Hawaii was one of the last outposts of mankind, and probably the most well-defended; it seemed like a neat idea. Mainly, I just like the Fallout 2 "Enclave" thing. It was so very very cool to find out the big secret. The whole game your fighting and killing these jerks in power armor, slowing finding out more and more about them; they've got helicopters, they're blowing junk up, enslaving people, and doing all kinds of shady stuff. When you finally discover you're fighting what's left of the U.S. gov, its a mind job. I was excited to kill the greedy war pig bastards who had blown up the world in the first place.
Wendigo1870
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too bad for us Europeans but it's probably one big radio-active zone filled with undead. So yes, like the American East. Russia/Mongolia would be better off, as do some more inland parts of China. India, Japan, Korea, ... same as Europe/Am. West.

Ironically, Africa seems like the best place to survive the Apocalypse relatively unscathed. Except for some big population centers (like Johannesburg, Mogadishu, ...) nothing will be thouroughly nuked. The population itself is probably already an expert in survival, 'cause in the real world now they life in conditions even worse than the American West as described in the sourcebooks (don't believe me? Go check it out for yourself!).
Latin America is probably a cross between Africa in some areas and Am. East in others.

Best place to be? Antarctica! Nothing to fear but some hordes of rabid undead penguïns! (No it's not cold, global heating takes care of that!)
oss1ncrp
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, some great ideas here. Please keep them up. Savage Jack
Wendigo1870
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, last someone posted here was me, back in april. "Keep it up" might be hard without a reviving boost.

Kain A. Ashburner wrote:
Actually, considering how railroad is much more prevailent in Europe, I could totally see groups of Wasters making war trains and ether using them to raid settlements like tanks or as mobile fortresses to launch biker groups from...

Railroads are nothing like ordinary roads. One very important difference is that you can't maneuver at all; you're stuck on the tracks. Not a nice thought considering all major 'arteries' pass through cities =>deadlands by now.
Isolated areas would maybe use a small part of rails (for transport from one town to the next; but not much further).
Also, train-repairmen are even more rare than car-repairmen. Trains that fall into disuse can hardly be repaired anymore.
Mort
Heroic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wendigo1870 wrote:

Also, train-repairmen are even more rare than car-repairmen. Trains that fall into disuse can hardly be repaired anymore.

& once broken down will block off a line completely till they're moved
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: