Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Damaging Zombies

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Official Answers on How the Core Rules Work
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hub
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:53 am    Post subject: Damaging Zombies Reply with quote

I know you can stick them in a mincer, or a furnace, or drop them from 10,000 feet, but those things apart, do you have to hit zombies in the head to damage/kill them?

I ask because there's been a few occasions when our players have whacked them for quite a lot of damage in the torso area - and aside from having them Shaken, I'm not sure what to do about killing them with hits to the body?

Also, whilst I'm here, you draw a card every round when in combat?

Finally, does a successful Called Shot ignore any armour? It says so on the Combat Survival Guide but I couldn't find it under the Called Shot rules on page 81
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:21 am    Post subject: Re: Damaging Zombies Reply with quote

Hub wrote:
I know you can stick them in a mincer, or a furnace, or drop them from 10,000 feet, but those things apart, do you have to hit zombies in the head to damage/kill them?

I ask because there's been a few occasions when our players have whacked them for quite a lot of damage in the torso area - and aside from having them Shaken, I'm not sure what to do about killing them with hits to the body?

Zombies in the core rules do not have the Invulnerability Monstrous Ability, so there is no reason they could not be "killed"/Incapacitated by attacks other than headshots (though headshots do significantly more damage).

Hub wrote:
Also, whilst I'm here, you draw a card every round when in combat?

I presume this is for initiative, and if so, yes, new cards are dealt at the beginning of each round (unless as noted under being on Hold, the character still has a held action in which case they are not dealt in).

Hub wrote:
Finally, does a successful Called Shot ignore any armour? It says so on the Combat Survival Guide but I couldn't find it under the Called Shot rules on page 81

Depends on what location is being aimed for. As noted under Called Shots <italics added>...

"Limb (–2): An attack to a limb causes no additional damage but may ignore armor"

"Small Target (–4): Attacks against small targets such as the heart of a vampire or a missing scale on a large dragon’s chest are made at –4. The effect of success depends on the situation—the vampire might die instantly, the missing scale may mean the dragon gets no armor, etc."

"Tiny Target (–6): Particularly small or narrow targets, such as the eye-slit of a knight’s helmet, carry a –6 modifier. The effects of a hit depend on the target. In the case of the knight, the blow ignores armor..."

Also note this connects back to Armor in the Gear section which states <italics added again>...

"Armor: This is the amount of Armor provided by the equipment, which is added to the wearer’s Toughness when the covered location is hit in combat."

...and...

"Note that unless an attacker states otherwise, hits are always directed at the victim’s torso."

Meaning that to hit a location other than the torso requires a Called Shot, so that's inherent to bypassing armor on the torso with a normal attack.

Hope that clarifies.

www.peginc.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Official Answers on How the Core Rules Work All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: