Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bennies and experience
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW General Chat & Game Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should players be able to exchange bennies for experience points (as in the rulebook)?
Yes
13%
 13%  [ 29 ]
Yes
13%
 13%  [ 29 ]
Yes
13%
 13%  [ 29 ]
Yes
13%
 13%  [ 29 ]
No
11%
 11%  [ 25 ]
No
11%
 11%  [ 25 ]
No
11%
 11%  [ 25 ]
No
11%
 11%  [ 25 ]
Total Votes : 216

jblittlefield
Legendary

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

memoriam wrote:
i hand out xp and use bennies as it states in the SW book. if anyone has been hoarding then i've not done my job well or they were lucky and got through the nights gaming with out spending to many bennies. i'm not bothered if anyone hoards come to think of it i'd do the same as a player if the gm was handing out a lot bennies and not giving me a hard time so i'd have to spend a few to stay alive.

#1yelclap Egggsssaacktly! Wink
steamdriven
Legendary

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you, i'll be here all week! -bow- Wink

...and another thing, why do so many people have to change the rules of the game when there is no reason to do so? don't get me wrong its your game you can do what you like with it. but the way xp works is fine, it's been well thought out and tested so it's as fair as can be. thats just the way i see it, i'm not having a go at anyone, just letting you all know how i feel.
thanks.

-i'd now like to spend a bennie to avoid the flak i'm about to get-

memoriam.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DerFinsterling
Legendary

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

memoriam wrote:

See, that's where you're wrong. First, you have to take the flak and only then you may spend a bennie to soak the damage Wink
jblittlefield
Legendary

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DerFinsterling wrote:
memoriam wrote:

See, that's where you're wrong. First, you have to take the flak and only then you may spend a bennie to soak the damage Wink

Ummm ... only if the flak caused damage and you weren't already Shaken, and then you'd spend the Benny to remove the Shaken condition before attempting a soak roll ..... Twisted Evil Crying or Very sad Wink
steamdriven
Legendary

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jblittlefield wrote:
DerFinsterling wrote:
memoriam wrote:

Ummm ... only if the flak caused damage and you weren't already Shaken, and then you'd spend the Benny to remove the Shaken condition before attempting a soak roll ..... Twisted Evil Crying or Very sad Wink

Laughing thats why i like this forum. friendly, and people are willing to help you out with the rules Laughing

i've had no flak so far so i've taken no damage. i'll save the bennie for later.

memoriam.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
malichai11
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel pretty stupid for asking this... but I have the SW: Explorers Edition and I can't find anywhere in the book where it discusses trading in bennies for experience. I also have the Deadlands:Reloaded, and it tells me to look in the SW book. Could someone give me the page #?
Snate56
Legendary

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry! You're not stupid. This was an old discussion and they changed the rules for the Ex edition.
In the older rules if you had a couple of bennies left over at the end of the game, you could roll a d6, and on a 5 or 6 you could get another experience point. Unfortunately, it appeared to make players save their bennies for xp rather than use them as they were intended.

SteveN
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW General Chat & Game Stories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: