Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Perpetual Motion Games] We're here and ready to meet you!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Licensees
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PerpetualMotionGames
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:37 pm    Post subject: [Perpetual Motion Games] We're here and ready to meet you! Reply with quote

Hello, everyone! I represent Perpetual Motion Games, a brand new Licensee for Savage Worlds. We have just launched a Kickstarter Campaign for our first product Exemplar: Tales of the New Roman Empire, a superhero RPG set in the Middle Ages. We hope you'll all drop by!

http://kck.st/Tajz6A

Also, feel free to visit us at www.perpetual-motion-games.com for more information!

Christopher Murrell
President/Product Manager
Perpetual Motion Games[/url]
Boldfist
Heroic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! I just watched the video and read through your kick starter. Will this use the Super Powers Companion or core rules super powers only?
PerpetualMotionGames
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neither, the powers for the game will actually all be self included. It's a slightly different take on Super Powers. In a nut shell, there will be both traditional super powers, things that are activated, that are grouped in power suites. One may be themed around Armor, and give you a power that can be activated to do everything from add additional levels of armor, to reflexively damage foes that hit you. The other side, are Boons and Banes, which act as a sort of Edges and Hindrances but for powers only, and they function at all times, even when your powers aren't all "a-go". Our goal is to have a lower quantity of powers per character, with more flexibility within that power.

Gah, it's late. Re-cap. We use our own power system. Powers add thematic customization options to characters, even when not using your powers actively.

Christopher
Jux
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wou - quite a risky setting here. The superhero genre is already quite a niche market (although superheroes are very popular because of the blockbuster movies and for me over done), but this takes the SW "settings with a twist" to a completely new level.

I myself am more fan of traditional genres.
haterofshame
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really like the setting ideas, and the notion of a new system for superpowers!!!

I really, really hope you succeed, but launching a 18.000$ goal close to christmas seems pretty naive, or am I jumping to conclusions?

Best of luck to you though..
PerpetualMotionGames
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, thanks for the kind words, and don't forget to check back occasionally, we're putting up content every day this week on the Updates Page.

As far as the money, we have been concerned, but at this point, we are hoping that the spirit of giving will be strong, and that Christmas money will contribute in the last week of the Starter. Heck, at this point, with the economy as it is, we considered the idea crazy altogether, but by golly, we're bold!

Again, thank you.

Christopher
Boldfist
Heroic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PerpetualMotionGames wrote:
We use our own power system. Powers add thematic customization options to characters, even when not using your powers actively.

I would really like to see some samples or examples of this before backing the project. I love the setting idea and would have already pledged if you were using the Super Powers Companion. But a new power system from a new licensee makes me want to see some of it first. Any chance of that happening in one of the updates on Kickstarter?

Thanks!
PerpetualMotionGames
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely! We are hoping to put up a full power suite in the third week, including all the Boons and Banes (which are almost like mini edges and hindrances that are thematically based off of your powers, and are always active), as well as any of the nested powers that are associated with that suite.

It's still SW, so it's not completely divorced from what has come before, it just has a definite spin on it.

Hope to see you then.

Christopher
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Licensees All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: