Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Rippers] Werewolves and Wolfmen

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Official Settings & Companions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Kaspar
Seasoned


Joined: 27 Feb 2010
Posts: 144

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:18 am    Post subject: [Rippers] Werewolves and Wolfmen Reply with quote

What are the physical differences between transformed werewolves and wolfmen?

How and when they transform is clearly stated, but once transformed how do they differ if at all?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jonah Hex
Veteran


Joined: 05 Sep 2003
Posts: 733
Location: Saskatoon, SK

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um, stats for both are in the Rippers book. Flip the page.
_________________
Playing/Running DnD Encounters
Running GURPS Deadlands
Awaiting running Deadlands Hell on Earth
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Clint
Site Admin


Joined: 13 May 2003
Posts: 17979

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought he meant difference in appearance.

To me...

Werewolf = Van Helsing werewolf
Wolfman = The Wolfman with Lon Chaney Jr.
_________________
Clint Black
Savage Worlds Core Rules Brand Manager

www.peginc.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Jonah Hex
Veteran


Joined: 05 Sep 2003
Posts: 733
Location: Saskatoon, SK

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clint wrote:
I thought he meant difference in appearance.




Oops. You're probably right; my apologies.
_________________
Playing/Running DnD Encounters
Running GURPS Deadlands
Awaiting running Deadlands Hell on Earth
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Kaspar
Seasoned


Joined: 27 Feb 2010
Posts: 144

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clint wrote:
I thought he meant difference in appearance.

To me...

Werewolf = Van Helsing werewolf
Wolfman = The Wolfman with Lon Chaney Jr.

Exactly, the difference in appearance.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
VonDan
Legendary


Joined: 08 Jul 2008
Posts: 3895

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We use the terms like this

Wolf form = Just like a wolf or (Full wolf)

Lupine = almost like a wolf but something is dif and maybe bigger and smarter or (3/4 wolf)

Hybrid = A biped wolf with a muzzle and ears and wolf legs or (Half Wolf

Wolfman = Lon Chaney Jr. and Eddie Munster (1/4 wolf)
_________________
http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h51/Vondan/
https://www.etsy.com/shop/VonDanLeatherworks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Kaspar
Seasoned


Joined: 27 Feb 2010
Posts: 144

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VonDan wrote:
We use the terms like this

Wolf form = Just like a wolf or (Full wolf)

Lupine = almost like a wolf but something is dif and maybe bigger and smarter or (3/4 wolf)

Hybrid = A biped wolf with a muzzle and ears and wolf legs or (Half Wolf

Wolfman = Lon Chaney Jr. and Eddie Munster (1/4 wolf)

The first three are forms the werewolf can take, while the wolfman only has the "wolfman" form, right?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
VonDan
Legendary


Joined: 08 Jul 2008
Posts: 3895

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaspar wrote:
VonDan wrote:
We use the terms like this

Wolf form = Just like a wolf or (Full wolf)

Lupine = almost like a wolf but something is dif and maybe bigger and smarter or (3/4 wolf)

Hybrid = A biped wolf with a muzzle and ears and wolf legs or (Half Wolf

Wolfman = Lon Chaney Jr. and Eddie Munster (1/4 wolf)

The first three are forms the werewolf can take, while the wolfman only has the "wolfman" form, right?


I have not read rippers I mean generly in other games and talking about movies
_________________
http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h51/Vondan/
https://www.etsy.com/shop/VonDanLeatherworks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Kaspar
Seasoned


Joined: 27 Feb 2010
Posts: 144

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VonDan wrote:
Kaspar wrote:
VonDan wrote:
We use the terms like this

Wolf form = Just like a wolf or (Full wolf)

Lupine = almost like a wolf but something is dif and maybe bigger and smarter or (3/4 wolf)

Hybrid = A biped wolf with a muzzle and ears and wolf legs or (Half Wolf

Wolfman = Lon Chaney Jr. and Eddie Munster (1/4 wolf)

The first three are forms the werewolf can take, while the wolfman only has the "wolfman" form, right?


I have not read rippers I mean generly in other games and talking about movies

OK, I see
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Noshrok Grimskull
Legendary


Joined: 07 Nov 2004
Posts: 3833
Location: I'm out of my mind, but I'll be back later

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you really want to throw a curveball at your players, have the wolfmen not change at all. At least not physically.
It's great fun to throw a pack of wolf-spirits in 100% human form at them, too.
Think berserker. Smile
_________________
"If you think I'm crazy, you should see the people I'm locked up with." - Steamdriven

"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes 'ding' when there's stuff." - The Doctor (Doctor Who)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kaspar
Seasoned


Joined: 27 Feb 2010
Posts: 144

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noshrok Grimskull wrote:
If you really want to throw a curveball at your players, have the wolfmen not change at all. At least not physically.
It's great fun to throw a pack of wolf-spirits in 100% human form at them, too.
Think berserker. Smile

My overall plan is for the werewolf, to have biten a human, who then is turned into a wolfman at the next full moon, and then goes on a killing spree. The werewolf's plan is to use the killings of the wolfman as a decoy for the kill that he is gonna make himself.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
VonDan
Legendary


Joined: 08 Jul 2008
Posts: 3895

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just watched a movie ware the people who are bit by a werewolf and do not die turn into a "Wurdalek" that look human but are faster and stronger live for at east 100 years and the transformation only had fangs


Looking it up it is spelt various ways and it really just a rusian vampire nothing to do with werewolves


Vourdalak a Novella by Tolstoy based on Russian folklore
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Family_of_the_Vourdalak

wurdulak A segment of a horror anthology with one story based on book above
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Sabbath_%28film%29

Wurdalek the half were wolf in the movie
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1987028/
_________________
http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h51/Vondan/
https://www.etsy.com/shop/VonDanLeatherworks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Official Settings & Companions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum