Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Random Edges and Hindrances

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Home-brew Settings & Conversions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Utgardloki
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject: Random Edges and Hindrances Reply with quote

Sometimes I just get an idea for an edge or hindrance. For example, I might be watching TV, and get an idea.

Deadpan Excuse

Receptionist: Will you need any help with your band instruments?
Bob Newhart: No, we won't. We all play harmonicas.

You are able to deliver the most implausible lie, and yet people will believe you. If you can deadpan an implausible lie, you gain a +1 bonus to get people to believe it.
Erpegis
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is more of a roleplaying bonus.
Utgardloki
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erpegis wrote:
That is more of a roleplaying bonus.

Not really. Normally, if someone tried a bluff like that, I'd be more likely to assign a penalty because there is no way people are going to believe that.

The difference between a Newhart bluff and a Buffy bluff is that a character can pull off a Newhart bluff.

Of course, if I'm going to play that way, I should also add to the edge the rule "you ignore penalties from moderately implausible bluffs, and get a +1 bonus."
Thunderforge
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wouldn't work for every setting, but for a more lighthearted setting it could work.

The Elder Scrolls conversion and other fun creations.
Jux
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill Clinton: "I did not have sex with that woman".
Worked for him Very Happy
Thrallking
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know its late, but I wanted to weigh in on this topic with the fact that (IRL) I tend to be very deadpan. It is simply hilarious (to me, anyway) how I can say the most ridiculous things and people BELIEVE them!!! Recently, a co-worker and I chased a baby birdling out of the shop (out of danger, hopefully) and it went into the gas storage area. As they often do, one of the storage tanks' safety release went off with a loud whistle, and my partner asked, "Is that the bird?" I replied, "Yes, they always do that before exploding.", as deadpan as ever. His reply? "Really? Wow!" It took him a few seconds to realize what was actually said.

Sooo.... not sure it really rates an Edge, but it definitely rates a bonus.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Home-brew Settings & Conversions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: