Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

No Love for GM Screen Inserts?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW General Chat & Game Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kristian Serrano
Heroic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:29 am    Post subject: No Love for GM Screen Inserts? Reply with quote

It seems like Pinnacle and third-party publishers are no longer interested in offering official GM screen inserts. The last third-party setting I recall getting an official GM screen insert was Hellfrost. Almost all of Pinnacle's GM screen inserts are outdated such as Necessary Evil. The only SWD GM screen insert we have is a fan-made one (and a good one at that).

Sure I can make my own, but that takes time I don't have. I actually made one for my previous game. Currently, I'm running Necessary Evil, and the GM Screen available for that (only from Studio 2) is for the old version of NE.

Heck, even the Companions could benefit from at least one sheet of new content for each. For example, a Super Powers Companion GM screen insert could include tables such as Chewing the Scenery, Superhuman Strength, and Environmental Movement Options just to name a few.

So are official GM screen inserts a dead product? Do publishers simply think they're not worth producing and selling?
Raise Calculator
jpk
Legendary

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I mentioned in the other thread, those are on tap to update. They are not, however, a high-volume or high-profit item, so they do tend to go to the bottom of the pile. And be honest, which is more exciting to see on the home page: Cool New Setting/Book Released or GM Screen Inserts Updated?

All that said, we will be making a stronger effort to develop the screens as an existing step in producing a given setting book in the future.
Kristian Serrano
Heroic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jpk wrote:
As I mentioned in the other thread, those are on tap to update.
I somehow missed that. Thanks for the heads up!
jpk wrote:
They are not, however, a high-volume or high-profit item, so they do tend to go to the bottom of the pile.
I figured as much. Smile
jpk wrote:
And be honest, which is more exciting to see on the home page: Cool New Setting/Book Released or GM Screen Inserts Updated?
Since you asked, as someone who doesn't care much about anything related to Deadlands, I'd rather see the latter. Wink
jpk wrote:
All that said, we will be making a stronger effort to develop the screens as an existing step in producing a given setting book in the future.
Good to hear!

For what it's worth, I forgot to give credit to Gun Metal Games for their Interface Zero GM Screen.
Raise Calculator
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW General Chat & Game Stories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: