Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stats for Cryptids?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW General Chat & Game Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
heptapod
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Stats for Cryptids? Reply with quote

Howdy, I'm doing some worldbuilding and wonder if there are stats for chupacabra, sasquatch, thunderbirds, and the like?

Right now I'm thinking of just nameswapping dogs, apes, and rocs along with tacking on an appropriate edge but I'd like to see if there are any examples online.

Thank you.
VonDan
Legendary

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I asked the same thing before. One of the books has stats for a Yeti (the Pulp GM Tool Kit) Savagepedia shows only the reference to Yeti and Implies bigfoot uses Yeti Stats

For my Fortien Fighters scenario I was gonna just reuse those same stats but just give them different color ninja suites (or was that fur) for Yeti, Sassy and Bigfoot. Skunk ape would be a little smaller and with a giant skunk tail and smell attack. The Russian Alma would be man size but hairy

I never did hear back on the others
SteelDraco
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might check the Horror Companion, it's got a pretty good monster section and might have a couple of cryptids you could use.

As I recall I used dragon-ish stats for the icy thunderbird that featured at the climax of my last Deadlands game. Depends on how powerful you want the thing to be - thunderbirds could be anything from strange birds to demigods, depending on which legends you're going by. Roc wouldn't be a bad place to start, but I'd add energy attacks of some form. If you can find stats for a phoenix that could be a good fit too, though you'd have to change the trappings of fire-based powers.
Sadric
Heroic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

especially the thunderbirds are hard to stat.
What is a thunderbird? A large bird (Giant condor), a flying reptil (Pteranodon), a mythic bird that summons lighnting bolt (Eagle with bolt spell) or a giant spirit bird that controlls storm and lighnting.

Deadlands reloaded have some stats for the critters you mentioned.
But I would advise you to create stats for your needs.

You could create a chupacabra as little, stealthy creature that is only a danger for goats, or as dangerous, quick predator.
tigerguy786
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chupacabra and sasquatch are both in Totems of the Dead. I think there's a Thunderbird too.
Lord Inar
Heroic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VonDan wrote:
I asked the same thing before. One of the books has stats for a Yeti (the Pulp GM Tool Kit) Savagepedia shows only the reference to Yeti and Implies bigfoot uses Yeti Stats

The Pulp GM Toolkit also has the pterodactyl, among other dinosaurs, for the thunderbird and the Nandi bear makes a great Chupacabra if you add the dog's "Go for the throat" and remove the size.
Best Internet page ever
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW General Chat & Game Stories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: