Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[DLR] Ghost Rock Fuel Core and you

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Official Answers on How the Rules In Other Pinnacle Products Work
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Edgeworth
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:46 am    Post subject: [DLR] Ghost Rock Fuel Core and you Reply with quote

I was just hangin' 'round, skimmin' mah books, when I stumbled upon page 76 of my 1880 Smith and Robards Catalog. I noticed that there were three types of Ghost Rock for sale: the usual straight-out-of-the-mine kind, powdered Ghost Rock for those overeducated-chemistry-teacher-turned-Mad-Scientist-types and the Ghost Rock Fuel Core, which supposedly is Ghost Rock turned into efficient fuel.

What I'm confused by is that while in the Player's Guide there is a mention of powdered Ghost Rock for alchemy, the Smith and Robards Catalog is the only book I find reference in to the Fuel Core.

Is it assumed that every Infernal Device is fueled by Fuel Cores? For example, does an Ironclad, which according to The Flood travels 10 miles with a pound of Ghost Rock, get only 5 miles out of a chunk of unprocessed Ghost Rock and 10 miles with a Fuel Core? Or does the ship get 10 miles with GR and 20 miles with FC?

What about an Infernal Device created with Eureka! Edge? Does the normal "charges" and duration apply when using GR or FC?

Thanks!
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:01 am    Post subject: Re: [DLR] Ghost Rock Fuel Core and you Reply with quote

Edgeworth wrote:
I was just hangin' 'round, skimmin' mah books, when I stumbled upon page 76 of my 1880 Smith and Robards Catalog. I noticed that there were three types of Ghost Rock for sale: the usual straight-out-of-the-mine kind, powdered Ghost Rock for those overeducated-chemistry-teacher-turned-Mad-Scientist-types and the Ghost Rock Fuel Core, which supposedly is Ghost Rock turned into efficient fuel.

What I'm confused by is that while in the Player's Guide there is a mention of powdered Ghost Rock for alchemy, the Smith and Robards Catalog is the only book I find reference in to the Fuel Core.

Is it assumed that every Infernal Device is fueled by Fuel Cores? For example, does an Ironclad, which according to The Flood travels 10 miles with a pound of Ghost Rock, get only 5 miles out of a chunk of unprocessed Ghost Rock and 10 miles with a Fuel Core? Or does the ship get 10 miles with GR and 20 miles with FC?

What about an Infernal Device created with Eureka! Edge? Does the normal "charges" and duration apply when using GR or FC?

All Smith & Robards boilers use fuel cores normally, but not all boilers are Smith & Robards.

As noted in the text, fuel cores can't be used at all unless the firebox is made of ghost steel. That's only ghost steel, nothing else. Most fireboxes aren't made that way, it's too expensive.

How a S&R fuel core works with a non-S&R boiler (even one entirely made of ghost steel) is up to the Marshal to determine, but it likely shows some increase in output (20% or so) perhaps more, possibly with a higher chance of malfunction.

However, keep in mind, they are designed primarily for boilers, not just any infernal device that runs off ghost rock. A fuel core burns hot and fast, which could be counter productive to the effect of some devices.

www.peginc.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Official Answers on How the Rules In Other Pinnacle Products Work All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: