Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Holy Water on weapons?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: The Weird West
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JoeDeschain
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:26 am    Post subject: Holy Water on weapons? Reply with quote

So, one of my players is a preacher and he is thinking that holy water can harm the Manitus..so he got himself a ton of holy water and now he is bathing the bullets on it...the question is, would it work? he doesnt have the power of Smite so....no idea if it would actually work
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:00 am    Post subject: Re: Holy Water on weapons? Reply with quote

JoeDeschain wrote:
So, one of my players is a preacher and he is thinking that holy water can harm the Manitus..so he got himself a ton of holy water and now he is bathing the bullets on it...the question is, would it work? he doesnt have the power of Smite so....no idea if it would actually work

How does he intend to even be in a situation to shoot a manitou to begin with? Is he taking a trip to the Hunting Grounds?

Officially, you can find the stats for manitous in Last Sons, but no, they don't have a Weakness to holy items.

www.peginc.com
ValhallaGH
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:17 am    Post subject: Re: Holy Water on weapons? Reply with quote

JoeDeschain wrote:

If he's using Arcane Background (Blessed) then he does actually have Smite. Along with all the other powers Blessed have access to. If he doesn't have the AB then he's just acting like a crazy man.

I did once have a posse create "The Big Bag of Evil". They took a large sack, stitched letters onto the side, and had a Blessed perform the Sanctify miracle on the bag. They stuck assorted evil relics, monster parts, and Roswell-bound trinkets into the bag until they reached the regional Ranger headquarters and turned the stuff in.
I treated the inside of the bag as "hallowed ground", and they never tried to abuse it.

Good luck!
ogbendog
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could see bathing themin holy water as the "trappings" of the Smite Miracle.

http://www.rpgnow.com/product/119241/Kaisers-Gate-Field-Manual-Mounts
JoeDeschain
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think i got a bitmisunderstood ^^U, in somebooks i readthat they callthe monsters "Manitu.",they are facing Hangin Judges, so...would holy water on a gun actually harm them?
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JoeDeschain wrote:
i think i got a bitmisunderstood ^^U, in somebooks i readthat they callthe monsters "Manitu.",they are facing Hangin Judges, so...would holy water on a gun actually harm them?

Not anymore than it normally could.

Look at the Special Abilities for the creature in question. Unless it has a Weakness to holy items or a catch on its Invulnerability to holy items, then they don't have any additional effect.

See the listing in the Marshal's Handbook for the Demon for an example of a creature with a weakness to holy water.

www.peginc.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: The Weird West All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: