Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DLR EX Character Sheet Doesn't Let You Choose Attributes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Hey Pinnacle!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thunderforge
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:00 am    Post subject: DLR EX Character Sheet Doesn't Let You Choose Attributes Reply with quote

I've noticed that the DLR Explorer's Edition Character Sheet (downloaded from here) doesn't let the character choose Attributes. It's supposed to be that when the user clicks on the number of their Attribute die, it acts like a radio button and highlights the appropriate number (indeed, the mouse turns into a hand when you're hovering over it, indicating that it's supposed to be clickable). But when you click on it, nothing happens and so all your attributes are stuck at a d4.

The Elder Scrolls conversion and other fun creations.
jpk
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't click on any of the Attribute numbers, they remain as-is. If you click one of the Attribute numbers (say, the 8 on Agility), the 8 gets circled. After that, clicking any other Agility number will uncircle the 8 and circle the new number. If you have a flat modifier to your die type, such as having a d12+1, you can click the field by the plus to insert that number.

I just downloaded it from the site (just in case) and tried three different versions of Acrobat and Reader, and it's working as I'd expected in all cases.

Are you by any chance using a third-party reader of some sort?
Thunderforge
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried it using both Adobe Reader and Apple Preview (both the Mac version), but it didn't work for me on either version. No numbers are circled, but the 4 is bolded. When you click on the 8, no circles appear and the 4 stays bolded.

EDIT: Well, I tried it again on Adobe Reader with a freshly downloaded copy and it suddenly decided to work today. Still doesn't work on Apple Preview though (it's the default PDF reader on Mac OS X).

The Elder Scrolls conversion and other fun creations.
jpk
Legendary

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then you've got it working. We can't guarantee every feature in every version of every reader. PDF is, at this point, an open standard. In theory, all the readers ought to handle them the same. In practice, not so much.

As far as the bolding goes, because of the way the file was saved before we added in the document automation, there's not really a good practical way to change what number is bolded. The circle was our best available option.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Hey Pinnacle! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: