Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

To All Savages: Hurricane Sandy Relief Charity Bundle
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Licensees
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lee_Szczepanik
Heroic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:48 am    Post subject: To All Savages: Hurricane Sandy Relief Charity Bundle Reply with quote

The terrific folks over at Roleplayers Chronicle have set up a special offer at RPGNow.com to assist those affected by Hurricane Sandy. The Red Cross Hurricane Relief Charity Bundle is a great way for you to assist the victims of the hurricane, as well as pick up some awesome RPG products for your PDF collection.

It addition to an already fantastic bundle of products from great companies, Daring Entertainment has added the entire War of the Dead series, War of the Dead: The Paper Dead, and Hellbrood: Countdown to Invasion PDFs to the bundle!

Be sure to check it out, and help send the victims of Hurricane Sandy all the help we can!

Your help is just one click away!
ogbendog
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just clicked on the link, and didn't see War of the Dead on there.
sirdrasco
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I clicked on the first product, and it shows in its description it is linked to war of the dead.
"Blast I hate squid for dinner."
"But the cook has a new recipe.."
sjmiller
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you search for War of the Dead: Paper Dead and scroll to the bottom of that description, you will see it is part of the bundle.
ogbendog
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that seems to be true; but unless anyone does that, they won't realize what all is included. The bundle list needs to be debugged.

the bundle list seems to be alphabetical, I would guess that they have a max items per page, but the "next page" button isn't displaying
greyseerco
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ogbendog wrote:
that seems to be true; but unless anyone does that, they won't realize what all is included. The bundle list needs to be debugged.

the bundle list seems to be alphabetical, I would guess that they have a max items per page, but the "next page" button isn't displaying

This is so true, also, from a past bundles experience do not buy the charitable bundle first day or the third, but by the 4th day the list has settled as more exhibitors join up. And I agree, having the list of items in the description or debug the max display would hugely help. But at this point its on my calendar to buy next Tuesday or Wednesday.
ogbendog
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you mean, if you buy it early, you don't get all the contents? blech
Lee_Szczepanik
Heroic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No idea about the list bug, or if people who buy now would get a "product update" for stuff added after the fact. I've never hosted one of these, and this is the first one we've even joined.

However, I'm emailing the man in charge of it with this thread and asking him to pop in here. Wink

(sidebar: All six of our products: the four WoTD Chapters, The Paper Dead, and Hellbrood (roughly $108 in total) are all definitely part of that bundle. Now . . . if RPGNow could get the listing fixed . . .)
mte-aaron
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, bundle descriptions on DriveThruRPG are auto-generated and apparently have a character limitation. The number of products in the bundle has exceeded the length of the description field and thus a portion of them are not listed. This description regenerates every time a new product is added, thus any changes I've made have always been blown away.

I'm hoping to have everyone's products added by tomorrow and will send a message to all regarding products added after they purchased the bundle. These products are readily available, you just don't get notified that they've been added. All you have to do is go back into the bundle and click the "you've purchased it" link and download the products added after you made your purchase.

I will also be putting together a full list of products that are in the bundle and posting that about. As I said, I do not actually control this description as it is auto-generated and regenerates every time a new product is added.

Rest assure that there are LOTS of Savage Worlds products in there and the bundles value currently exceeds $415 for your donation of $20 to the American Red Cross via DriveThruRPG.

I apologize for any confusion, but this particular item it out of my control... for now until new products are no longer added.

Thank you everyone for your contributions and a HUGE thank you to Daring Entertainment for going all-out.
mte-aaron
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This took less time than I expected to assemble, so go here to see the FULL listing of products in this bundle (yeah, it's HUGE).

http://roleplayerschronicle.com/?p=28651
Lee_Szczepanik
Heroic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mte-aaron wrote:
Rest assure that there are LOTS of Savage Worlds products in there and the bundles value currently exceeds $415 for your donation of $20 to the American Red Cross via DriveThruRPG.

Most definitely one heck of a roleplayers' bargain, and we all get to help some people really hit by a monster of a storm! Mr. Green
ogbendog
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mte-aaron wrote:
Unfortunately, bundle descriptions on DriveThruRPG are auto-generated and apparently have a character limitation. The number of products in the bundle has exceeded the length of the description field and thus a portion of them are not listed. This description regenerates every time a new product is added, thus any changes I've made have always been blown away.

can you put a bundle in a bundle?

you could make sub-bundle1 and put the first 12 items in it ,sub-bundle2 for the next 12, etc.

then put all the sub-bundles in to the main bundle
ogbendog
Legendary

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RPGNow.com responded to my comment.

The bundle now lists everything.

they pulled the descriptions out to workaround the bug
Cripple X
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't resist supporting this. It's a great deal and the money goes to those in need, but it honestly makes me feel a little icky because it's almost like I'm profiting off someone else's misfortune.

Also, anybody have any idea how to get the files for War of the Dead Chapter Four? It comes with the bundle, but the subscription itself is only a token file when I try to add the constituent adventures to my cart RPGNow tries to charge me.
sjmiller
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cripple X wrote:
Also, anybody have any idea how to get the files for War of the Dead Chapter Four? It comes with the bundle, but the subscription itself is only a token file when I try to add the constituent adventures to my cart RPGNow tries to charge me.
They will not become available until March of next year. I checked the website to confirm this. Chapter Four that comes with the Red Cross Bundle is a subscription to get the pieces as they come out.
Cripple X
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry sjmiller, but I believe you are wrong.

Here's a link to Daring Entertainment's website saying all the adventures have been released.

According to the subscription's page on RPG now here

Quote:

Chapter Four will be released weekly on the following dates:

Week 1: March 5, 2012

Week 2: March 12, 2012

Week 3: March 19, 2012

Week 4: March 26, 2012

Week 5: April 2, 2012

Week 6: April 9, 2012

Week 7: April 16, 2012

Week 8: April 23, 2012

Week 9: April 30, 2012

Week 10: May 7, 2012

Week 11: May 14, 2012

Week 12: May 21, 2012

Week 13: May 28, 2012

In addition each of the adventures is available for sale. So they have clearly been released already. All the pieces are out therefore I should be able to download them.
sjmiller
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A simple case of me misreading the dates. It appears that, unlike the other chapters, Chapter Four has not been compiled into a single package. It should be easy to do, as the various weeks are available. Probably a mistake on their part which will be corrected shortly.
sirdrasco
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bundle is well worth it, picked it up last night.

Besides the Savage world stuff, there is PAthfinder which I also play. The ripped form the head lines looks fun and a good idea for the some games.

A heck of a deal and full of ideas.
"Blast I hate squid for dinner."
"But the cook has a new recipe.."
Lee_Szczepanik
Heroic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sjmiller wrote:
A simple case of me misreading the dates. It appears that, unlike the other chapters, Chapter Four has not been compiled into a single package. It should be easy to do, as the various weeks are available. Probably a mistake on their part which will be corrected shortly.

Close. It's more like pure forgetfulness. Being something I have to do myself, after Chapter 4 finished releasing in May, I got so busy with getting the print edition ready with Aaron, getting Hellbrood: Countdown to Invasion done and out, and getting moved into a new house throughout August, that I quite frankly never went back and revisited it to compile it.

Why RPGNow.com offers subscriptions, and yet continuously bugs-out on them (if people recall, each and every WoTD Chapter had one issue or another that RPGNow.com had to keep fixing on their back-end), is beyond me. But I am unlikely to ever use the format again.

Last edited by Lee_Szczepanik on Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lee_Szczepanik
Heroic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BUNDLE UPDATE

I've deactivated the Chapter Four subscription product (if you already own it . . . yes, you can continue to download it from the My Library tab), and have activated the new War of the Dead: Chapter Four (Package)

I've also removed the subscription from the bundle, and added the Package in its place. As the man that created the bundle posted earlier:

mte-aaron wrote:
These products are readily available, you just don't get notified that they've been added. All you have to do is go back into the bundle and click the "you've purchased it" link and download the products added after you made your purchase.

So, to everyone having trouble with the subscription in the bundle, you should now be able to get Chapter Four downloaded via the new (Package) product, same as the other Chapters.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Licensees All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: