Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Rippers]Holy Fire Power Trapping Vs Immunity Fire

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Official Settings & Companions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wretch
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: [Rippers]Holy Fire Power Trapping Vs Immunity Fire Reply with quote

A player in my Rippers game has taken the Arcane Background Miracles, and I have allowed him to have the trapping "Holy Fire" for his bolt power rather than the suggested ray of light in the setting rules. I'm not sure however, that if a creature/demon has an immunity to fire, should it also be immune to the "Holy Fire"? It feels a bit on the mean side to say yes, but equally fire in Rippers is incredibly powerful already. The group already wade through the likes of a room full of servitor mummies with no fear, so long as this character is with them.
ValhallaGH
Legendary

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a few basic options.
1) Fire is Fire and Immunity is Immunity. You takes the bad with the good.
2) Holy burns demons; the power bypasses the immunity.
3) Compromise with a partial effect. They're immune to fire but, being demons, the holy part can still affect them.
So they take only half damage, or cannot suffer worse than a Shaken condition, or the damage is limited to no more than one wound per attack, or the demon can make a soak roll versus holy fire without having to spend a benny, or something else.

There are a lot of ways to handle this. Choose a basic approach that you are most comfortable with, and we can help you iron out the details to make it work.

Good luck!
Wretch
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Valhalla, seems like obvious advise now you say it out loud! Very Happy
ValhallaGH
Legendary

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wretch wrote:
Thanks Valhalla, seems like obvious advise now you say it out loud! Very Happy

Hindsight is 20 / 20, and everything is "obvious" once someone else has done it. That was all I did, share other people's ideas.* Mr. Green Just adapt them to your game and go nuts.

*Immunity (Super Powers Companion), Invulnerability (Core Rules), various "big boss threads" (PEG Forum), Loincloth Hero / Bikini Heroine (Beasts & Barbarians).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Official Settings & Companions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: