Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Very small forum tuning request

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Hey Pinnacle!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sean-Khan
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Very small forum tuning request Reply with quote

Google is a great tool for searching information, including from this forum ( using site:peginc.com ) . The issue with this is that every forum result comes up as "Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group :: View topic ..." and you can't see any actual topic titles. Could the page title be changed so that it's very short or forum name comes after topic title? Thanks!

Shaper & Maker - modelling, gaming & a lot of other stuff
Amaril
Heroic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject: Re: Very small forum tuning request Reply with quote

Sean-Khan wrote:
Google is a great tool for searching information, including from this forum ( using site:peginc.com ) . The issue with this is that every forum result comes up as "Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group :: View topic ..." and you can't see any actual topic titles. Could the page title be changed so that it's very short or forum name comes after topic title? Thanks!
I've come across this many times. I If the title of the thread was first, followed by Forums and then Pinnacle Entertainment Group, it'd be much friendlier for Google Search Results and bookmarks.

Example: Shaken and Wounds - Forum - Pinnacle Entertainment Group

Truth be told, this is really much more important than it seems. Doing a site search from Google (i.e. - site:peginc.com/forum) often yields better results than the forum's search tool.
Fantasy Companion Loot Generator
Raise Calculator
Thunderforge
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also I wonder if it might be a good opportunity to drop "Great White Games" from the title, or at least switch to having Pinnacle first. The name change happened in 2005 and everybody knows it as Pinnacle now.

The Elder Scrolls conversion and other fun creations.
Amaril
Heroic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linking the Pinnacle logo to the main peginc.com site (href="/") would be nice, too.
Fantasy Companion Loot Generator
Raise Calculator
qbrendan
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Very small forum tuning request Reply with quote

Sean-Khan wrote:

Noted, and implemented! Thanks for the critique, definitely better like this.

(May take a bit for Google to reindex, but thread titles will appear first now in future indexes)

-B
http://theravensreport.com
Sean-Khan
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great, thanks! Very Happy

Shaper & Maker - modelling, gaming & a lot of other stuff
VonDan
Legendary

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And an odd thing I noticed when searching savage worlds on the google home page if a link bring me back to this web site and i all ready have it open it will log me off both windows.

What the forum really needs is a Like and Exalt feature for when i make semi related post that are highly entertaining
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Hey Pinnacle! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: