Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

So did Stone kill Ronan?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: The Weird West
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zangari
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject: So did Stone kill Ronan? Reply with quote

I read somewhere that they actually meet up in a short story? Anyone know for sure if Ronan was gunned down by Stone?
Sitting Duck
Legendary

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know the story you speak of, though I can't recall the title. I think it's in Epitaph #3 or #4. Stone did not kill Ronan in that one, mostly because he didn't feel like it.
ValhallaGH
Legendary

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They still haven't said when or how Ronan Lynch died the second time. We just know his skull ended up in LA.
Sitting Duck wrote:
I know the story you speak of, though I can't recall the title. I think it's in Epitaph #3 or #4. Stone did not kill Ronan in that one, mostly because he didn't feel like it.

Stone wasn't there for Ronan. Stone was there for the Mad Scientist (Thadeus Washington, from the Night Train dime novel); the professor had come to his friend Ronan for protection. Stone explicitly says he'll see Ronan later.
A Little Knowledge ... in Tombstone Epitaph #2.
Quote:
“You must be Lynch,” the dark man said in a voice stolen from a dried-up desert grave. “I wasn’t looking for you...yet. But now’s as good a time as any.

zangari
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd honestly like to know what happened to Ronan. I know in the future his skull is an important relic for the Church of Lost Angels and that he's a saint. But I believe there were rumors that he was still around.
zipothethird
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering that Lynch is Shane's baby (I was given to understand that Lynch was actually Shane's Deadlands character but I was later informed that Lacey O'Malley is actually Shane's character so whatta I know?) and it was mentioned that Lynch DOES die in the final crusade source book (Though it gives you no details regarding how) it is a very safe bet that Lynch is dead, I always got a sense of brutal futility in Deadlands the Weird West, much like the Lovecraft Mythos what the forces of evil could not destroy they warp and twist there's more then a few notable examples of this Grimme, Wild Bill, Iron Man Ike and then with the knowelledge there are Two Stones wandering the west, one of whom has prior knowelledge of the events that are taking place the idea of a white hat living long enough to see the Wasted West Harrowed or not is very slim, saying that I should say I loved that theme and tone of the game it has a very heroic tragedy to it a very strong sense of Forlone hope and I felt it was done very well Wink

Regardless I think it's very unlikely Lynch would be able to survive the west much longer or strive off is own demon too much further he would eithier die a hero or live long enough to become the thing he hates, so there is no doubt in my mind that the skull in LA is Lynch's skull that being said that doesn't mean Lynch hasn't seen the wasted west, it's not as if though Time Travel has never been done before Stone's done it, as has Coot Jenkins and a number of other Heroes if anyone was bad ass enough to step through the Hunting Grounds and into the weird west it was Lynch there's nothing to say he doesn't spend sometime in the future before returning to the past where he meets his end most likely going toe to toe with some of the biggest and baddest the Reckoning has to offer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: The Weird West All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: