Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question about Incapacitaion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW General Chat & Game Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Volt875
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Question about Incapacitaion Reply with quote

Perhaps this is just a hold over from my D&D days but when your character is incapacitated by damage does he/she go unconscious or is it DM's call?
Zadmar
Legendary

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In SWEX it was explicitly stated that a success on the Incapacitation roll meant "the hero is unconscious", while a raise allowed you to remain conscious and keep on fighting.

SWD doesn't specify as far as I can tell, although it's unlikely to matter in most cases, as the incapacitated character can't even perform free actions. Personally I might be tempted to let the player remain conscious on a raise if it mattered for the story (eg they're hoping to catch a glimpse of the villain's face before he flees).
newForumNewName
Heroic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty sure that SWD says Incapacitation always means at least unconsciousness. Could be wrong. It's been a while since I read it.

"While nFNN could be less of a jerk about how he says what he says, what he says is essentially correct." -- ValhallaGH
ValhallaGH
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually leave them conscious if I want them to see their horrible fate as they lie helpless on the deck.

Otherwise, I give the player something to roll for (allies, monsters, something) to keep the player fully engaged until it's time for aftermath.
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's up to the GM based on the situation.

www.peginc.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW General Chat & Game Stories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: