Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Coolsville Shoggoth Massacre
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW General Chat & Game Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dirty Ernie
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-- Continued from above --

The psychotic Veggies chase Fozzy and the Mystery Inc. gang throughout the lower level, up-and-down the hall, room-to-room.

Shaggy finds himself cornered in the kitchen, Terry moving in for the kill, chainsaw raised high…

In desperation, Norville “Shaggy” Rogers closes his eyes and thrusts the chiseled obsidian knife at his assailant…

… and buries it to the hilt in squinchy cuke flesh. Cool

With the scratching of a phonograph needle across a record, the Chase Music stops.

Terry halts in his tracks, chainsaw above his head. He looks down at the black dagger protruding from his midsection.

Rob hops into the room, eyes wide. The kids, Fozzy in tow, pile through the door behind. All is silent. Shaggy dares to open one eye, wondering if he’s still alive.

Terry: “So, what happens now, Rob?”

Rob: “Well… I guess the show’s over, Terry…”

Terry the Cucumber wobbles to-and-fro, his eyes rolled back, the growling chainsaw still wavering above their heads.

Rob, nervousness creeping into his voice: “Terry, remember… Power tool safety is in your hands…”

Terry, screeching frantically: “But Rob!… I don’t have any hands!!!

Rob tries to steady his friend and grab the chainsaw… the two fall together in a heap… the smoking machine flying out of control…

There’s a disgusting splattering sound. High-pitched squeals. Red and Green Veggie gore flies through the air, spattering the walls, covering everything and everyone in a thick salsa…

The chainsaw finally sputters to a stop, goop sizzling on the burning-hot machine.

My players are laughin’ and cheerin’ like lunatics. Cool Very Happy

Fozzy, in a deadpan voice, wiping the mess from his glasses: “I’m goin’ back ta eatin’ meat…”
warrenss2
Heroic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL!!!

Did Scooby or Shaggy try to make sandwiches out of their remains?

I was thinking about doing away with these two veggies when I run this adventure. Thought they were too goofy. Now you have made me reconsider this.
Dirty Ernie
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@warrenss2 -- No, they didn’t make sandwiches, but Shaggy’s player was on-the-ball… Wink

Shaggy, laughing nervously, glad to be alive: “Like, too bad we didn’t remember to bring the nachos, ‘eh Scoob?!”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Act 3: Scene 1 -- Meet the Creeper

The house is still encircled by the Fog. The Mystery Inc. gang is still trapped. Sanity is waning.

With Fozzy in tow, the kids press on, up the stairs to the last room at the end of the hall. The door is locked, but they jimmy it open with the crowbar.

In stark contrast to the rest of the house, this bedroom is surprisingly clean. The floor is swept and there are fresh sheets on the bed. A battery-powered camping lantern is on the nightstand. Velma clicks it on and the bulb glows brightly.

They observe other tell-tale signs of recent habitation, but nothing concrete enough to indicate the occupant’s identity.

Scooby’s ears pick up a faint noise coming from behind the wardrobe. Pushing it aside, the gang discovers a false panel. Removing that reveals a small, stone-lined recess… perhaps an old chimney. A shaft leads straight down, with iron rungs mortared into the wall. The noise is louder here, maybe the hum of a machine. A string of outdoor Christmas lights is looped through the rungs, bathing the tunnel in a garish mix of colors.

One-by-one, the gang descends, ladies first for modesty’s sake, despite the danger. They climb for quite a while, the air growing cold and damp. It becomes clear that they’ve bypassed the lower level of the house and are now deep underground. The noise, no longer faint, is the sound of a gasoline engine.

Reaching the bottom, the group finds itself at the end of a short passage. The string of lights, fastened to the cinder-block walls, illuminates the way.

The passage opens into a large cellar or basement of sorts. Under the stark white light of a bare bulb, a black-cloaked figure works feverishly. His back to the gang, he scrawls arcane sigils on the far wall with a piece of chalk.

The sinister figure, obsessed with his work and unable to hear over the noise of the generator, takes no notice of Fozzy and the kids. The walls are covered floor-to-ceiling with these strange markings. An incomplete circle, about six feet in diameter decorates the floor in the center of the room, but it’s the shape dominating the far wall of the chamber that grabs the gang’s attention…

A five-pointed star with a flame in the center…

Just like the one scratched into the back of the Mystery Machine. #1eek13

Sensing movement behind him, perhaps a fleeting shadow, the cloaked figure stops his work and raises his shaggy head. He slowly turns to face the intruders, revealing his frightening visage…

Wild, black hair and beard, streaked-through with white… pale, corpse-like pallor… sunken, black-rimmed eyes burning with madness…

The gang: “Bob Zonbi!!” Surprised

Indeed it is, in full stage-makeup. With a snarl, he leaps forward like a crazed beast and lashes out, his claw-like hands swiping the air...

[Cue] Chase Music.
Dirty Ernie
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

—Continued from above –

Bob Zonbi lurches about like a drunkard, growling like a beast. He tosses his head to-and-fro, scraggly hair flying. The kids flatten themselves against the cold, concrete-block walls, trying to keep out of his clawed reach.

Fozzy, mumbling to himself, backs down the passage.

Zonbi’s back-handed swing connects with the side of Velma’s head, and sends her reeling, glasses flying.

The Mystery Inc. gang manages to get in a few glancing blows, but nothing seems to stop this whirling dervish.

Velma crawls on her hands and knees, searching for her glasses...

Shaggy, sensing an opportunity, calls out to his pal: “Hey Scoob! Like, give him the ol’ One-Two!”

Scooby stands on his hind legs, assumes a boxing stance, and starts pokin’ and jabbin’ like a prize-fighter… He lands a lucky blow, square on Zonbi’s nose.

The madman stumbles backwards and trips over the blinded Velma…

Shaggy, thinking quickly, grabs an old tire and slams it down over Zonbi’s head, pinning his arms to his sides. Zonbi thrashes around, mewing and hissing like an old tom-cat.

Safe for the moment, the gang breathes a sigh of relief. Until…

Freddy: “Wait a minute, gang! That’s not Bob! Why, it’s just a cheap Halloween mask!”

Velma: “That’s right! Bob said a mask was missing from his trunk!”

Daphne walks over to the Creeper, grabs a handful of faux hair, and pulls off the mask…

The Gang (in unison): “Ol’ Man Smithers!!!” Surprised

At this point, my players aren't sure whether they love or hate me. Cool

Fine with me... #1eek13 Little do they know...
Dirty Ernie
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Act 3: Scene 2 -- Living Dead Girl

Despite the other supernatural events they’ve witnessed this Halloween night, the Mystery Inc. kids just cannot wrap their collective mind around this one…

Ol’ Man Smithers was surely dead, yet here he is, growling and gnashing his blood-stained teeth, milky eyes rolled back in his bruised and battered head.

Scooby’s sensitive snout picks up a scent, and he follows it to a pile of junk heaped in the far corner of the dungeon-like room.

Scooby: “Ray Raggy!”

The gang turns to see what’s up.

Shaggy: “Hey, what’cha got Scoob? Another ‘possum?”

Daphne shrieks in pain…

Distracted, she’d allowed Smithers to lock his undead teeth on her pretty, tender wrist… Reflexively, she pulls away, tearing flesh…

Dropping the gruesome rubber mask, as well as her wooden-handled machete, she slumps to the cold concrete floor…

Freddy runs to her aid. He makes a tourniquet from his groovy ascot, trying to staunch the flow of blood.

Daphne, doe-eyed, lashes fluttering: “Don’t worry, I’m alright… now that you’re here, Freddy.”

Velma and Shaggy, rolling their eyes, turn their attention back to Scooby’s discovery.

It’s a sack, dark syrupy blood seeping through the bottom, sticking it to the floor… No, not a sack… a duffelbag. #1eek13

Cringing, Velma unties the drawstring…

It’s the corpse of the Sheriff (who bears an uncanny resemblance to the actor Bobby Lee Bones) dressed only in his undershirt and boxers.
Dirty Ernie
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Shag and Scoob look on with apprehension, Velma examines the body of the Sheriff (God rest his No-Nonsense soul). Finding something interesting, she calls Freddy over to take a look, yelling over the noise of the generator.

Hearing no answer, she turns to look over her shoulder. The two are making out, Freddy flat on his back with Daphne on top.

Velma, shaking her head: “Don’t you two ever quit?”

Shaggy, laughing: “Yeah! Like, get a room you love-birds!”

Daphne turns, gore dripping from her mouth. Freddy’s feet twitch, his legs spasming…

Scooby: “Rulp!”

Yes, Daphne’s a freakin’ zombie. She lurches to her feet and takes a shaky step forward, her eyes dead and vacant…

My players were hesitant, not willing to do what needed to be done. I think they fully expected Mystery Inc. meet a grim fate, but not at each other’s hands. Cool

Shaggy, Scooby and Velma back away, trying to get their heads together… trying to rationalize this…

With a SWOKK and a splash of red, Daphne’s pretty head flies from her shoulders, hitting the cold, hard floor with the sound of a falling coconut.

Fozzy, having found his courage, stands behind her still-flailing form, the crusty wooden-handled machete in his black-nailed grip.

Poor Daphne Blake sinks to the floor and eventually stops moving (God rest her groovy, fashion-conscious, pretty soul).

The remainder of the Mystery Inc. gang dispatch the moaning Smithers with Freddy's crowbar, killing him for the second time this evening (God rest his nutty soul... again).

They watch the duffelbag, alert for any signs of movement...

A lump in their throats, they watch the remains of their friend, Frederick "Freddy" Jones, alert for any signs of movement... #1eek13

(God rest his groovy, fashion-conscious, pain-in-the-@$$ soul)
warrenss2
Heroic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hearing no answer, she turns to look over her shoulder. The two are making out, Freddy flat on his back with Daphne on top.

Velma, shaking her head: “Don’t you two ever quit?”

Shaggy, laughing: “Yeah! Like, get a room you love-birds!”

Daphne turns, gore dripping from her mouth. Freddy’s feet twitch, his legs spasming…

Scooby: “Rulp!”

Yes, Daphne’s a freakin’ zombie. She lurches to her feet and takes a shaky step forward, her eyes dead and vacant…

My players were hesitant, not willing to do what needed to be done. I think they fully expected Mystery Inc. meet a grim fate, but not at each other’s hands.

Awesome!! Pure genius!! I love it!!!!!!

More! More!!!
Sitting Duck
Legendary

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that might be the end.
ValhallaGH
Legendary

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sitting Duck wrote:
I think that might be the end.

Not likely. Three still live and no one is insane.
There was only one, mad, survivor. Twisted Evil
Dirty Ernie
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Act 3: Scene 3 -- Witchy Woman

Their attention focused on the carnage lying around them, Velma, Shaggy and Scooby-Doo are oblivious to the danger creeping up from the passage behind.

An addled Fozzy yelps in protest as he’s roughly shoved to the floor… into the chalk circle… the gore-encrusted machete clattering against the cold, hard concrete.

The three remaining members of Mystery Inc. whirl about, wondering what new devilry is afoot…

A figure, cloaked and hooded in black, stoops to pick up the piece of chalk Ol’ Man Smithers had dropped. Long-nailed fingers draw an arc, completing the circle.

The figure stands erect and turns to face our heroes, its features hidden in a shadowy cowl…

Fozzy gets to his feet and tries to move forward, but is thwarted by some invisible force… He hammers his fists against the air… shouting, yet his voice is muffled… as if trapped in some weird fishbowl…

The figure pulls back its hood, revealing the smiling face of Fozzy’s wife and manager…

The Gang (in unison): Charon Arseburne! Surprised

And she ain’t no Guest Star... Cool

Charon narrows her eyes, still smiling, and addresses the gang in a mock-scolding tone... like when the puppy piddles on the rug...

"My, what a mess you've made, you little scamps..."
warrenss2
Heroic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my best Charlton Heston, Planet of the Apes voice, "D@MN, Dirty Ernie!!!!"

Now that the action is getting fun, fast and furious you're making shorter posts!!! It's like too many commercials near the end of the show!

Laughing
Dirty Ernie
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you're enjoying it! Very Happy Don't worry, there's not much left to go... the end is near. #1eek13
Dirty Ernie
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charon switches off the generator. It sputters to a stop, the machine-hum lingering for a moment in the group’s ears. The cave-like room is smothered in silence… and darkness... With a CLICK, the secret cellar is bathed in the blue-white fluorescent light of a battery-powered camp lamp.

Charon, still smiling, breathes a little sigh, eyes closed: “Ahh, isn’t that much nicer?”

The arcane chalk symbols seem to jump from the walls and floor, glowing like an ’80’s black-light Heavy Metal poster in a Head Shop. Fozzy presses his black-nailed hands against the air, looking like the sad puppy in a pet shop window, begging for someone to take him home.

You were probably expecting it, so here it is… The Monologue. Wink

Charon, smiling apologetically: “I’m so sorry, my dears, you’ve got me at a bit of a disadvantage. I just wasn’t expecting additional guests this evening. It’s a shame your evening’s been spoiled like this…”

Fozzy cries out, his voice muffled, as if yelling into pillow. Charon whirls to face him, her demeanor changed, the smile gone…

Charon, snapping: “Oh shut up, you blubbering twit!”

She goes on to berate poor Fozzy, explaining how she’s carried him all these years, how he owes everything to her, how she’s sick and tired of playing nursemaid and putting up with his crap.

During all this, my players are plotting their next move, jockeying for position.

Charon continues, explaining that things are going to change, starting now… that one doesn’t stay married to the “Prince of Darkness" for years without picking up a thing-or-two…

She turns back to the gang, all smiles, sugar-and-spice and rainbow-ponies. She steps forward to face Velma.

Charon, her voice saccharine: “Now if you would be so kind, dear… I believe you have something of mine…”

Velma stalls for time, but Charon’s obviously not in the mood for games.

Charon, straining to maintain her false smile, holds out her hand: “The book. Give it to me.”

Velma gives it to her alright, swinging the eldritch tome at Charon’s head with all her might. Cool
Dirty Ernie
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The heavy occult volume connects with Charon’s chin, spinning her head sideways…

Charon slowly turns her squinting, smiling face back to Velma, and nonchalantly tucks a wayward strand of hair back behind her ear. She cocks her head, giving Velma The Look, like in a cheesy Kung-Fu movie, as if to say “It’s ON now, B!+C#...”

Charon, staying classy: “You silly girl…” Wink

She backhands Velma, stunning her…

With a snarl, Scooby leaps forward, teeth bared, and snaps at Charon’s leg…

Barely missing, he snags the hem of her black robe. Scooby Doo growls like a pit-bull, pulling and tugging ferociously…

Shaggy leaps, obsidian knife in hand, trying to tackle Charon to the ground…

Would ya believe it? Shaggy’s player rolls snake-eyes. Surprised No chance for a re-roll, I’m afraid. Twisted Evil

Shaggy trips over her robe, sprawling across the concrete floor. The wicked knife goes flying…

Charon Arseburne tears her robe from Scooby’s jaws, and gives Shaggy’s noggin a swift kick, sending him into dreamland…

Velma regains her senses, adjusting her glasses…

Enough!!” Charon screams, throwing out her arms, long-nailed fingers spread…

Scooby Doo and Velma Dinkley are frozen in place, struggling, as if swimming in pancake syrup…

Regaining her composure, Charon Arseburne saunters up to Velma and takes the Necronomicon from her hand.

Turning back to Fozzy, Charon opens the book and begins to read… #1eek13
Dirty Ernie
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As she reads, Charon’s voice changes, growing deeper… otherworldly… as if someone… or something… is speaking through her.

Her eyes roll back into her head, only the whites showing. She’s not looking at the book now… not reading, but… reciting.

Her speech becomes unintelligible and alien… babbling in some black, blasphemous tongue…

Velma and Scooby look on in terror, unable to break free from their sorcerous bonds.

Shaggy lies unconscious on the cold, concrete floor, mercifully oblivious to the horror unfolding around him.

A weird anomaly forms on the far wall, centered on the strange, five-pointed, chalk star… a shimmering spot, about the size of a tennis ball… growing from the little flame-like sigil…

Fozzy drops to his knees, covering his head with his black-nailed hands.

Charon drops the Necronomicon and continues babbling, lost in another world.

The anomaly grows larger and larger, like an ever-expanding cosmic window… a vista of deepest black lying beyond…

Something begins to seep through the portal… tarry, black, oozing, burbling… an ever-changing… evolving?… abomination with blinking eyes, gaping maws, gnashing teeth, tentacles…

Velma Dinkley begins to shake, her eyes wide, her lips quivering… unable to comprehend… No… Finally Comprehending… Surprised

Scoobert “Scooby” Doo starts to whimper… whimpering turning into howling…

The horrid thing, growing by the moment, begins to fill the cellar, oozing toward our heroes.

Shaggy regains consciousness, sitting up, shaking the cobwebs from his head. Taking in the scene around him, he begins to laugh uncontrollably. The Shoggoth lashes out with a gooey pseudopod…

He jerks his leg away, avoiding its unholy touch. He scoots backwards, kicking furiously… until he reaches the corner of the basement, his back to the clammy wall…

As the Shoggoth begins to absorb him… feet first… Norville “Shaggy” Rogers cries out… laughing and screaming at the same time…

Shaggy: “Hey Scoob! Like, there’s always room for Jell-O!” (God rest his groovy, stoner soul)

The bubbling mass expands, reaching Velma and Scooby as the chanting reaches a crescendo…

Fozzy Arseburne, still on his knees, lifts his head and raises his hands toward heaven…

Fozzy: “Charonnnnn...!!!” Cool

Fade to black.
Dirty Ernie
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Epilogue: Scene 1

Early afternoon.

Deputies in flat-brimmed hats pick through the debris where the ramshackle house once stood. Only the rear quarter still stands, leaning precariously. A giant crater or sinkhole dominates the scene, as if some detonation was to blame.

A squawk comes over the radio. The officer in charge jogs over to his patrol car, leans through the window and answers the call.

Deputy: “Well Sheriff, we got ourselves one helluva mess here… I mean… Jesus… I dunno… I ain’t never seen nothin’ like this before.”

Sheriff, his voice low and gruff: “Did you find a book?”

Deputy, confused: “A book? Sheriff, it’s gonna take forever to go through all this… It’s like a meteor strike… or a bomb. Maybe we should call the Feds.”

Sheriff, No-nonsense: “One of ‘em had a book. Find it.”

Deputy, still confused: “Yessir… but I think you need to get over here ASAP.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Sheriff’s patrol car cruises down the dirt road, a cloud of dust trailing behind.

Behind the wheel sits a bear of a man, his uniform too-tight on his burly frame, buttons ready to pop, his badge nearly hidden under his grizzly, belly-length beard.

With one hand, he tucks his long, stringy blond hair up under his hat.

Hanging up the radio handset: “I’m on my way.” #1eek13
Dirty Ernie
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Epilogue: Scene 2 -- Diary of a Madman

A very distinguished Fozzy Arseburne sits in a high-backed chair, his hair cropped and combed, his wardrobe neat and conservative. Lucid, his eyes are clear. He addresses an unseen figure across a mahogany desk. His voice is measured, his diction perfect. No slurring, no mumbling, speaking the Queen’s English.

Fozzy: “Why, it’s quite clear they were delusional, suffering from hallucinations. Talking dogs, talking vegetables, and other such rubbish… Being young adults, not fully developed, their psyches were irreparably damaged from the chronic, so-called ‘recreational’, use of cannabis… You see…”

The off-camera figure across the desk, interrupting: “Mr. Arseburne, you do realize where you are, don’t you?”

Fozzy: “Yes, of course, but…”

Unseen figure: “You do realize that I’m the physician, and you are the patient?"

Fozzy: “Well, that goes without saying… but I have studied this case in-depth… I’ve taken extensive notes…”

Fozzy passes a stack of papers across the desk. They are covered in crayon scribbling, splashes of black, green and red. Mostly red. #1eek13

The unseen Physician glances at the drawings, then shuffles the stack together, tapping the sheaf on his desk. He raises a hand, gesturing. Two brawny men in white uniforms move forward. Taking hold of his elbows, they raise Fozzy to his feet, gently helping him into his straight-jacket.

The Physician: “This is sure to make for a fascinating read, Mr. Arseburne, but I’m afraid we’ll have to continue this discussion at our next meeting. Now, is there anything else I can get for you?”

Fozzy, looking over his shoulder as he’s led out the door: “I do need some more writing implements, so I may further document my findings…”

The Physician: “Mr. Arseburne, you have boxes-upon-boxes of crayons.”

Fozzy: “Yes, but I’ve run out of the red ones…”
VonDan
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you bastard, you killed Velma!!
Dirty Ernie
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@VonDan...

Dirty Ernie wrote:
Only one member of the Mystery Inc. gang lived through the ordeal.

Stark raving mad, naturally.

Patience, my friend... Fozzy isn't a member of the Mystery Inc. gang. Cool
warrenss2
Heroic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grrrrr!!!!! #1eek13

More and more d@mn TV commercials near the end of the show!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW General Chat & Game Stories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: