Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Puppet and repeating actions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Official Answers on How the Core Rules Work
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justinsg
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Puppet and repeating actions Reply with quote

Clint,

I read once regarding Mind Control (a power from the Super Powers Companion), that you could not activate the power and issue a command in the same round because this would be repeating an action.

In regards to the Deluxe Rules Puppet ...

1) Can you tell your target what to do in the same round you cast Puppet on them? Or do you need to wait until the following round to avoid repeating an action?

2) In subsequent rounds, could I tell my puppet what to do and also activate another power (like Bolt) without repeating an action? Or does merely telling my puppet to do something act as my power action for that round?

3) Do you have to tell the puppet what to do on every round of action? If I say "go over there and sit down" in round one, do I have to say "continue sitting" in round two?
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Puppet and repeating actions Reply with quote

justinsg wrote:
I read once regarding Mind Control (a power from the Super Powers Companion), that you could not activate the power and issue a command in the same round because this would be repeating an action.

FYI, these use two completely different power systems; it's best to never presume a power in the SPC works like one in the core rulebook just because they appear similar. They might, but not by intent.

justinsg wrote:
In regards to the Deluxe Rules Puppet ...

1) Can you tell your target what to do in the same round you cast Puppet on them? Or do you need to wait until the following round to avoid repeating an action?

Activating Puppet requires an arcane skill roll, but telling the target what to do is just a free action (speaking). Now, if they don't have an action currently (say they already used it), they may not be able to do it yet, but they could be told what to do when they can next act.

justinsg wrote:
2) In subsequent rounds, could I tell my puppet what to do and also activate another power (like Bolt) without repeating an action? Or does merely telling my puppet to do something act as my power action for that round?

Once the power is active, it works like any other power with the listed duration; penalties only come up if maintained. And as noted above, giving a new command is just a free action. So yeah, the character could cast something else on a following round and give a command.

justinsg wrote:
3) Do you have to tell the puppet what to do on every round of action? If I say "go over there and sit down" in round one, do I have to say "continue sitting" in round two?

No, they will continue doing a requested action unless told to do something different (or the power lapses).

www.peginc.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Official Answers on How the Core Rules Work All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: