Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Streets of Bedlam] My First SoB

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Licensees
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TommyBrownell
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: [Streets of Bedlam] My First SoB Reply with quote

So I think I'm gonna try Savage Worlds with the Mythic GM Emulator for the first time, using Streets of Bedlam. That said, I made my first "SoB"...a tribute to one of my favorite characters, Raylan Givens from Justified (tweaking the Badge archetype just a bit). Should this actually happen, blog posts will follow. Anyway...my first SoB:

Deputy US Marshal Tim Tracy
Archetype: Badge (Good Cop)

Tall, lanky guy, constantly wearing his cowboy hat and boots.
Dismissed as a Southern Hick…except for the women that find that charming.
Maintains a barely concealed rage that can be hellacious when unleashed.

Agility d8
Smarts d6
Spirit d6
Strength d6
Vigor d6

Charisma: +2
Pace: 6
Parry: 4
Toughness: 5

Cop Sense d4
Driving d4
Fighting d4
Intimidation d6
Interrogation d4
Investigation d4
Notice d4
Shooting d8
Streetwise d6
Taunt d6

Hindrances
Code of Honor
No Good Deed (Minor Enemy)
Trigger Happy
Vengeful (Minor)

Edges
Angel Out There Somewhere
Attractive (+2 Charisma)
Command Presence (+2 Authority)
Lucky Break (+2 when searching for leads)
Quick Draw (Draw with free action)

Glock 9mm, Kevlar vest, badge, $200
ghostman
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great show, although, even though his draw is fast, I'd say his smarts is d8 rather than agility. He thinks his way to beat his opponent in a lot of situations.

I am especially thinking of the episode where the guy has the trick of putting the gun in the middle of the table, and stabs the other person's hand when they reach for it. Raylen pulls the tablecloth to get the gun. This is definitely more smarts than agility.

Other than that, I think the character is great. I am looking forward to seeing this roll out.
ValhallaGH
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ghostman wrote:
Raylen pulls the tablecloth to get the gun. This is definitely more smarts than agility.

Figuring it out might be smarts. Pulling the cloth is almost certainly an Agility check (either a trick or a flavorful way to beat the other guy's Held Action).
TommyBrownell
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The key, though, is that he HAS beaten guys in straight up draws, and to simulate that in-game, he either needs Quick or Quick Draw, which run off of Agility d8.

I do certainly appreciate the input, though...=)

Besides, it's not a 100% copy (I mean, this guy is a complete Novice after all), just a 95% copy...=)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Licensees All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: