Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

(HoER) Iowa Ideas

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tarbis
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:20 pm    Post subject: (HoER) Iowa Ideas Reply with quote

So my posse is headed into Iowa and I thought I'd pick the group brain for ideas about what might be there. Iowa, like a lot of the Great Plains region, didn't get much for an individual write up and while I have some ideas more is better in this case. (My players have a tendency to settle so they could be in Iowa for quite a while.)

So far I've worked out that part of Raven's horde made the river crossing at Iowa and killed every settlement in the Southeast corner of the state before going through a gap in the Wall to Missouri. So the other settlements have refugee problems and number of road gangs have turned into looters that find dead settlements and pick the bones. Most of the cities in the eastern part of the state are well nuked. There will probably be Doomsayers in the remains of Des Moines, the occasional Combine patrols in the western end of the state, and some sort of leftover Black River Industries project somewhere. I might put a hidden Damocles base in the state for them to stumble over.

What I really need are ideas for unique monsters or situations. Any ideas?
For that matter anything you can remember from other supplements that might cover Iowa would be helpful at this point.

Thanks.
VonDan
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I once had a college girl in pigtails at my store who was from Iowa and she said all they had there was Corn and Cows

So you need a farmer named Zebadiah who is a sorcerer in bib overalls and a pointy straw hat. He raises those deadly bulls from Deadlands and some sort of mutant Corn

Zeb has three farmer's daughters in pigtails Satana, Demonica and Oblivia and he wants to marry them off by force if need be. Of course all the daughter are HOE witches and all with Hick trappings.
ValhallaGH
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Movies to steal from:
Children of the Corn.
Jeepers Creepers (terrible movie but a decent farm-area fear monger).

Those two ideas, on top of the general chaos you've already seeded, should give a couple months of terrifying adventures.

Good luck!
coyote6
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steal from Day After Ragnarok: the Iowa Soviet.

Towns with crops that flourish, in spite of the whole Wasted West thing, and are full of clear-eyed, clean, really unified proletariats. The Stepford Communists.

Maybe with a little proto-telepathic hive mind action thrown in on top.
Demonicuss Krinn
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curse you Coyote, I was going to bring up DaR's Iowa Soviet!

Oh well, I can also recommend using DaR for ideas for your game.
tarbis
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd forgotten about Jeepers Creepers. Good call. Always nice to have a musical sting.

Children of the Corn I'm hoping to mix with The Magnificent Seven. "Come save our village. Thank you, now be sacrificed to our corn lord." Might set it up so they can blame the fearmonger on seeds from BRI.

I haven't read Day After Ragnarok, but Hive minds are always fun. Especially when they spread.

There's enough pig farming in Iowa that maybe I could stick a giant mutant hog in somewhere if a quick one session monster is needed. Evil beef (faminite cows?) is also always an option.

Thanks guys.
steelbrok
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mad Cow Disease
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steelbrok wrote:
Mad Cow Disease

Bad Cow Disease. Twisted Evil

"Watch out fer them cows, mister. They're bad."

"You mean their sick?"

"No. I mean they're bad!"

www.peginc.com
Ray
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"You see a Los Diablos running away." "You mean running towards, right?" "Nooooooooooooooooooo, you can see the fear in his eyes. And then the cows come chasing him." "As in... Female bovines chasing a demon male bovine?" "You got it."
ValhallaGH
Legendary

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chickens In The Mist. You'll never look at poultry the same way.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: