Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HOE Mini Mega-Release Kickstarter is live!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SO close to wormlings getting free!

www.peginc.com
greyseerco
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I dropped posts out on Dakka Dakka and Lead Adventure forums, and I am seeing something that I was kind of expecting - people showing Kickstarter fatigue, too much spent already this year on various crowd sourcing projects. So many cool ideas that were all bottled up that are now breaking on the shores of pent up gamer demand all at once leaving many unable to keep up. *sigh* I am trying, but I can only hope we make the doomsayer marks.
PlatinumWarlock
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be honest, and it's no offense meant to anyone on the Pinnacle team: I simply can't afford this. I'm pleased to see you guys succeeding and procuring financing for more Deadlands products, but to expect this one to hit $50k? That just seems unreasonable...

I bought in on the Deadlands Noir KS. I was sorely tempted by the Raven graphic novel, but most of the goals were things I was uninterested in--copies of the Dead Man's Hand one-shots, art prints, etc. As such, I held off and will pick it up in tpb.

This one? It's just too much. I feel like these projects have run literally back-to-back-to-back, and that's just too much to ask a would-be consumer, when we're still waiting on HoER hard copies and DL Noir pdfs.

It's just too much, too fast.
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PlatinumWarlock wrote:
I'll be honest, and it's no offense meant to anyone on the Pinnacle team: I simply can't afford this. I'm pleased to see you guys succeeding and procuring financing for more Deadlands products, but to expect this one to hit $50k? That just seems unreasonable...

I bought in on the Deadlands Noir KS. I was sorely tempted by the Raven graphic novel, but most of the goals were things I was uninterested in--copies of the Dead Man's Hand one-shots, art prints, etc. As such, I held off and will pick it up in tpb.

Well, to be clear, Pinnacle hasn't done a Kickstarter since Noir. Both the graphic novels and miniatures are licensed products through other companies. Even then, it's been insured they did not overlap.

And to be clear, the minis Kickstarter is already a success. As it stands there will be at least 6 minis (and one pack of Wormlings) released with the book and most likely twice that amount before it's over. We're likely looking at the equivalent of a year or more of mini releases to come out at the same time as the book. That's kind of amazing.

Also, preparing for it to hit $50K is different from "expecting" it to hit $50K. Better to be prepared for extraordinary success than be forced to tell backers, "You'll just have to trust us on the next mini as we don't have a design for it yet." And as a side note, I kind of do expect it to hit $50, and think "extraordinary success" will be beyond even that.

PlatinumWarlock wrote:
This one? It's just too much. I feel like these projects have run literally back-to-back-to-back, and that's just too much to ask a would-be consumer, when we're still waiting on HoER hard copies and DL Noir pdfs.

It's just too much, too fast.

Sorry you feel that way, but there were 2 months between Noir ending and the graphic novel KS beginning. There was another month after the graphic novel ended and the minis campaign started. Which means for anyone who didn't contribute to the graphic novel, it's been 4 months since Noir ended that the minis Kickstarter began.

And there really wasn't an option to wait on the minis Kickstarter since the goal is to release the minis to coincide with the arrival and release of the HOE Reloaded hardback. It had to be done to give enough time to actually make the miniatures before the book gets in from the printers.

Again, sorry you feel that way and I understand it's a perception and there's nothing to change it, but hopefully, it's a bit more understandable as to the timing and intent.

Thanks!

www.peginc.com
PlatinumWarlock
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't get me wrong, Clint--if I had the cash available, I'd be supporting you guys every step of the way. I love your guys' products, and I'm glad to see that they're succeeding in all three media--minis, rpgs, and comics.

But, between starting my own company and, y'know, paying the bills and such...it's just not feasible for me.

You're right, though--this is perception vs. reality on my end. Noir ran from May to June, with Raven running August/September and the minis in October/November.

I've been seeing a lot regarding Kickstarter "fatigue" recently, and I might just be a casualty thereof.
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PlatinumWarlock wrote:
But, between starting my own company and, y'know, paying the bills and such...it's just not feasible for me.

Obviously, we definitely don't want anyone pledging money to anything if it means not paying their bills. Surprised

PlatinumWarlock wrote:
I've been seeing a lot regarding Kickstarter "fatigue" recently, and I might just be a casualty thereof.

Yep, it's definitely out there, but I think Kickstarter can still work if "fatigue" ends up hitting in cycles where not everyone has to back every project. I think anyone whose Kickstarter plan requires getting every existing fan to back in addition to hoping to attract new folks is setting themselves up for problems. But equally, they should prepare to tap into a larger market than they may expect.

It's a weird tightrope, I'll tell you that.

www.peginc.com
PlatinumWarlock
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least it's for a good reason, brother! Gotta get this book out sometime!
Jordan Peacock
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, when I saw that miniatures bag with the Savage Worlds logo on it, AND the foam trays included, I had to boost my pledge for it. It looks like it has the same dimensions as my Portable Warfare bags ... and I'm not certain, but it looks like (from the pictures) that it has the same plastic locking mechanism for stacking bags.

On the PW bags, I can detach the sling handle strap, and use the plastic connectors to attach to connectors on the next bag up. I'm hoping this is some sort of standard, so I can make a mega-stack of them all. Very Happy

I really like the feature in the SW bag of having an internal pocket to hold a hardcover book, and how the whole front area can be unzipped and laid flat to make for better access to the miniatures trays (and, I presume, so that the empty bag can be collapsed/folded a lot more easily when it's not in use).

I'm reluctant to go for the higher pledge levels just yet, but there's no doubt in my mind that I'll get plenty of use out of storage/transport for my SW minis. At $50 for the bag and the trays, that's a pretty good deal for the Kickstarter!

(I've seen comparable bags, WITHOUT any foam, priced at around $40, and then about $10 per foam tray, so that can really add up quickly. Plus, I like the prestige/branding of the Savage Worlds logo on the bag, so it's not just some "generic" bag.)
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New "codes" to unlock minis. Seems like one of the guys around here should have one of them...

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1176616619/hell-on-earth-miniature-mega-release/posts/344438

www.peginc.com
Jordan Peacock
Legendary

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wanted to be clear on the wording of "Bonus Goals." If I understand correctly, if I get Veteran of the Wasted West or above, I get to pick just *ONE* of the unlocked bonus goals, right? (And if I want the rest, I have to pay for those separately?)

It's not that every time we get a new bonus goal, that gets added on to the package, right?
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jordan Peacock wrote:
I just wanted to be clear on the wording of "Bonus Goals." If I understand correctly, if I get Veteran of the Wasted West or above, I get to pick just *ONE* of the unlocked bonus goals, right? (And if I want the rest, I have to pay for those separately?)

It's not that every time we get a new bonus goal, that gets added on to the package, right?

Nope, it's exactly that. Anyone at that level gets one of each Bonus Goal every time they unlock.

So right now, anyone at Veteran or higher is going to get a 3-pack of Wormlings, a set of post-apocalyptic melee weapons, and a set of the PA ranged weapons.

And if we hit the Doombringer, they will get of those too and the same thing if we hit the 3-pack of Mutants.

www.peginc.com
Jordan Peacock
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clint wrote:
Nope, it's exactly that. Anyone at that level gets one of each Bonus Goal every time they unlock.

Now, that's the kind of clarification I LIKE! Very Happy I might not be the only one so confused, though (there's a chance!) so perhaps the wording on the Kickstarter page itself could use a little clarification?

Clint wrote:
So right now, anyone at Veteran or higher is going to get a 3-pack of Wormlings, a set of post-apocalyptic melee weapons, and a set of the PA ranged weapons.

I so love that "AND" word in there. Very Happy Okay, maybe it's time for me to upgrade to Veteran....

Clint wrote:
And if we hit the Doombringer, they will get of those too and the same thing if we hit the 3-pack of Mutants.

Ooo! You just can't have too many mutants! Boy, I just went back through my HoE books, and there are so many great distinctly Wasted-Western nasties in there that would be wonderful for minis.

Thanks for clearing that one up!
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jordan Peacock wrote:
Clint wrote:

Now, that's the kind of clarification I LIKE! Very Happy I might not be the only one so confused, though (there's a chance!) so perhaps the wording on the Kickstarter page itself could use a little clarification?

Check the page. Wink

www.peginc.com
Jordan Peacock
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yes -- another pledge level that interested me was the Gang Leader at $80. It says:

Quote:
This level also gets one free Bonus Goal mini when they unlock!

Does that happen to mean "one of each," as with the Veteran goal? Or just "one"? The wording was throwing me off.
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloody weird Kickstarter seeing the backers slide up and down like a whore's draws yet the total increase...
GamerDude
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um... I'm trying to convince the Mrs. to free up $240 so i can get the bag and everything and I could use a little feedback.

I don't really do kickstarters and so I unfortunately have confused myself - especially with reference being made to a "Hero of the Wasted West" but only a "Veteran of the Wasted West" level.

$ / Name / Lower Level Items & What You Get
240 / Grandmaster's Travelling Warband / Templar Grandmaster's Warband & Case
225 / Templar Grandmaster's Warband / Templar Grand Master & 20 Stretch goal minis (incl. Librarian & Templar)
120 / Templar Grandmaster / S-Mart Overloard & HoE Dice set, 4 prints, bonus print of cover
95 / S-Mart Overlord / Hero/Veteran of the Wasted West & SWDeluxe HB signed by Shane.
75 / Hero-Veteran of the Wasted West / Road Warrior & Full Color HoE HB (signed if you get $95 level)
45 / Road Warrior / Waster & HoE PDF
25 / Waster / Core 4 Minis (includes Hellstrom and Dr. Stone)
PLUS UNLOCKED:
3-pack of Wormlings
PA Melee Weapons (stop sign etc.)
PA Weapons (Shotgun/Crossbow etc).

So if I get this right, if I pledge $240 I get everything up there - and specifically the set of 4 core minis shown in green stuff, and then I pick 20 minis from the unlocked ones (shown in color) and the core (if I wish more of the core minis).

And, I list in the comments of my pledge what minis I want?

Thanks for the help.

VonDan
Legendary

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still cant believe there is no mini being made of Lee E. Lee the Syker Biker Sniper and only man to ever kill Modeen
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jordan Peacock wrote:
Ah yes -- another pledge level that interested me was the Gang Leader at $80. It says:

Quote:
This level also gets one free Bonus Goal mini when they unlock!

Does that happen to mean "one of each," as with the Veteran goal? Or just "one"? The wording was throwing me off.

They all get one of each. As noted earlier in the KS, there is no way to alter a Stretch Goal once someone has chosen it as a reward, so go by the main text.

www.peginc.com
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GamerDude wrote:
Um... I'm trying to convince the Mrs. to free up $240 so i can get the bag and everything and I could use a little feedback.

I don't really do kickstarters and so I unfortunately have confused myself - especially with reference being made to a "Hero of the Wasted West" but only a "Veteran of the Wasted West" level.

$ / Name / Lower Level Items & What You Get
240 / Grandmaster's Travelling Warband / Templar Grandmaster's Warband & Case
225 / Templar Grandmaster's Warband / Templar Grand Master & 20 Stretch goal minis (incl. Librarian & Templar)
120 / Templar Grandmaster / S-Mart Overloard & HoE Dice set, 4 prints, bonus print of cover
95 / S-Mart Overlord / Hero/Veteran of the Wasted West & SWDeluxe HB signed by Shane.
75 / Hero-Veteran of the Wasted West / Road Warrior & Full Color HoE HB (signed if you get $95 level)
45 / Road Warrior / Waster & HoE PDF
25 / Waster / Core 4 Minis (includes Hellstrom and Dr. Stone)
PLUS UNLOCKED:
3-pack of Wormlings
PA Melee Weapons (stop sign etc.)
PA Weapons (Shotgun/Crossbow etc).

So if I get this right, if I pledge $240 I get everything up there - and specifically the set of 4 core minis shown in green stuff, and then I pick 20 minis from the unlocked ones (shown in color) and the core (if I wish more of the core minis).

And, I list in the comments of my pledge what minis I want?

Don't worry about the comments, there will be a survey sent to everyone once the Kickstarter is over where you can let them know which minis you want (that way you know all the ones unlocked).

And yeah, if you pledge at the Grandmaster's Travelling Warband level, you get...

The One Sheet Adventure
The 4 core minis
The HOE Reloaded PDF
The HOE Reloaded hardback signed by Shane
The SW Deluxe hardback signed by Shane
The HOE Dice Set
The 4 original prints plus the new 5th print of the cover
The SW minis case
The just-added 5 HOE Adventure Deck cards
One of each of the unlocked Bonus Goals: 3-pack of Wormlings, melee weapons, and ranged weapons.
Plus 20 Stretch Goal minis in any combination with the option to trade some of those minis for other options...

1 mini = The core Librarian or the core Templar.
1 mini = Both sets of weapons (melee and ranged).
2 minis = A 3-pack of Wormlings or Hellstromme or Stone.
7 minis = Wormling Horde (4 packs of 3 Wormlings, 12 in total).

There are currently 13 Stretch Goal minis unlocked (12 "standard" plus 1 from the Leader of the Iron Alliance), so the 20 minis from the Warband levels would allow you to get one of each of the Stretch Goals plus 7 more minis in whatever combination you want. It could be as simple at taking the Wormling Horde (7 minis) or an extra Hellstromme (2 minis), Stone (2 minis), Templar (1 mini), Librarian (1 mini), and extra set of weapons (1 mini).

Of course, if we unlock the Doombringer Bonus Goal, you would get one for free automatically and it would count the same as 1 mini if you want to get extras.

And if we unlock the 3-pack of Mutants Bonus Goal, you would also get one of those for free plus the ability to get extras the same as the Wormlings (2 minis for a 3-pack or 7 minis for a Mutant Horde of 12).

Hope that clarifies it all!

www.peginc.com
GamerDude
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clint wrote:
Hope that clarifies it all!
Yes, quite nicely thank you!

*runs off to beg wife for money*

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: