Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HOE Mini Mega-Release Kickstarter is live!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony
View previous topic :: View next topic  
greyseerco
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clint wrote:

And female tech with goggles and a giant wrench...

http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/h/heterody.htm

Yeah, our designer kind of won Hugos for that, so really another classic archetype.

You mean we could actually see Agatha as a Figure OH I AM SO THERE!

To be honest it will be a good indication based on the legs whether they are full sculpts or head and hand swaps as we get closer. I am okay with both, variants of similar models are fine with me. It just indicates faster turn-around as there is less "build from scratch" for some poses. The one that interests me is the $20K level he should be an interesting sculpt.
Jordan Peacock
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

greyseerco wrote:
You mean we could actually see Agatha as a Figure OH I AM SO THERE!

Heh. Yeah, I'd love to see a whole set of figures from that series. They'd be perfect for Deadlands!

What I'm REALLY hoping will show up sometime as a Deadlands HoE figure would be this fellow from the old hardcover book cover, courtesy of Studio Parente.

For me, this fellow set the "iconic" look of the "Wasted West" for me. That, and the hover-bike. Woot!
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um, you know there's a very good reason for him not to be a mini, right?

www.peginc.com
greyseerco
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clint wrote:

Other than the mighty large expense in metal...um no. Is he someone special?
coyote6
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am kind of Kickstarter broke, having spent too much on Reaper and a couple of others recently. Any idea what the MSRP of these minis will be when they are released?

(Aside from the KS-exclusives, like Stone and Hellstromme, of course.)
ValhallaGH
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

greyseerco wrote:
Clint wrote:

Other than the mighty large expense in metal...um no. Is he someone special?

Cole Ballad. He was a play-test player character. He did some neat stuff and became an official, established NPC.

Note the use of the past tense. Cool
Jordan Peacock
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ValhallaGH wrote:

Cole Ballad. He was a play-test player character. He did some neat stuff and became an official, established NPC.

And this means there's no reason why there can't be a mini of him? That's kind of like saying that West End Games shouldn't have put out a miniature of Boba Fett or Darth Vader, because of their respective movie fates. (Yes, yes, I know about the expanded universe continued adventures of Boba Fett.)

The various "named major NPC" miniatures in the Savage Worlds line (Raven, Hellstromme, Stone, Grimme, etc.) also work nicely as "archetypes" for their respective professions. If I thought I could only use them to represent the character with the name printed on the blister pack, I'd either have a long time before I could ever put them on the table, or I'd have to be planning a whirlwind tour of the big names of the Deadlands universe.

In any case, I always liked the design of that hoverbike, and think the look of the character makes for a cool Law Dog with just a touch of the Wild West look. (Hat, vest, and badge, anyway.)

Failing that, I hope there will at least be some post-apoc "scavvie" weapons at some point. Shotguns and near-future pistols are all well and good, but some of the more interesting weapons in the HoE illustrations were those that looked like they've been scavenged from the scrapyard -- improvised or "junk" weapons, neo-primitive weapons, sharpened hubcabs, stop-sign axes, chains-and-hooks, jury-rigged chainsaws, etc.

Ah well. Another kitbash project, I suppose.
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see a miniature for Cole. As you say, he's got a great look to him, one that really sets the tone for the setting. Heck, I've seen a half-dozen PCs in my various campaigns that were variants on the same concept (tough-as-nails Law Dog).

But I can understand PEG's reluctance to put it out there. Especially with the emotional attachments they probably have regarding his overall fate.
PlatinumWarlock
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jordan Peacock wrote:
ValhallaGH wrote:

And this means there's no reason why there can't be a mini of him? That's kind of like saying that West End Games shouldn't have put out a miniature of Boba Fett or Darth Vader, because of their respective movie fates. (Yes, yes, I know about the expanded universe continued adventures of Boba Fett.)

The various "named major NPC" miniatures in the Savage Worlds line (Raven, Hellstromme, Stone, Grimme, etc.) also work nicely as "archetypes" for their respective professions. If I thought I could only use them to represent the character with the name printed on the blister pack, I'd either have a long time before I could ever put them on the table, or I'd have to be planning a whirlwind tour of the big names of the Deadlands universe.

In any case, I always liked the design of that hoverbike, and think the look of the character makes for a cool Law Dog with just a touch of the Wild West look. (Hat, vest, and badge, anyway.)

Failing that, I hope there will at least be some post-apoc "scavvie" weapons at some point. Shotguns and near-future pistols are all well and good, but some of the more interesting weapons in the HoE illustrations were those that looked like they've been scavenged from the scrapyard -- improvised or "junk" weapons, neo-primitive weapons, sharpened hubcabs, stop-sign axes, chains-and-hooks, jury-rigged chainsaws, etc.

Ah well. Another kitbash project, I suppose.

I think Valhalla might have been a bit subtle, so I might as well come out and say it:

He's dead, Jim.
iskandar
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

his death was hilarious too. Essentially "FOR FREEEDOOOOM!" "hahahahah. no."
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First green is out!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1176616619/hell-on-earth-miniature-mega-release/posts/331828

www.peginc.com
greyseerco
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clint wrote:
First green is out!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1176616619/hell-on-earth-miniature-mega-release/posts/331828

Sweet Cheyenne has his own miniature.
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BIG update today. Lots of new pledge levels, Stretch Goals, and a Bonus Goal is up and closer than anticipated!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1176616619/hell-on-earth-miniature-mega-release/posts

www.peginc.com
Fuzyfeet
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't remember where $55k one is from (I think it was a female gunslinger), but nice to see that the original Templar (the archetype image) is on there, though way off at $70k.

A little disappointed that the first possibility of a Doomsayer is at $40k. Doomsayers where always my favorite minis, cuz I used them as bag guys all the time.

Just my $0.02

My Deadlands sites
The Lynchburg Journal
The Junkyard Intranet
The Temptation Reportl
Seeker of Truth
Heroic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Gang Leader donation level is EXACTLY what I've been waiting for. I'll probably also be tempted to add some more funds to get the dice as well. Glad to be on board.
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuzyfeet wrote:
Can't remember where $55k one is from (I think it was a female gunslinger), but nice to see that the original Templar (the archetype image) is on there, though way off at $70k.

A little disappointed that the first possibility of a Doomsayer is at $40k. Doomsayers where always my favorite minis, cuz I used them as bag guys all the time.

I suggest to Like, Share, and post about where you can. The more backers it gets; the faster the goals are reached and the more backers it appeals to and the more goals are reached and so on. If it snowballs, it has the potential to pass well beyond even $70K.

www.peginc.com
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Templar green is up!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1176616619/hell-on-earth-miniature-mega-release/posts/334366

www.peginc.com
greyseerco
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Need to get this Kickstarter on Tabletop Gaming News - thats where I get most of my miniature "news"
Seeker of Truth
Heroic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just submitted a write up now. I know I'm not a PEG employee, but hopefully it will make it to the news page.
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeker of Truth wrote:
Just submitted a write up now. I know I'm not a PEG employee, but hopefully it will make it to the news page.

Hmm, I did as well; we'll see what takes. Wink

www.peginc.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: