Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Mostly Classic] Population of Denver and Vegas?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Professor Phobos
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:06 am    Post subject: [Mostly Classic] Population of Denver and Vegas? Reply with quote

I am SURE I saw somewhere, in some book, that the population of Denver was supposed to be 20,000.

But for the life of me I can't find it.

In addition, I've checked Children of the Atom and City o' Sin for how many people are supposed to be in Lost Vegas, but I've had no luck. Did they ever give a population count? I know Reloaded put it at 12,000.
Jack_Spade
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At a quick glance, the hard numbers I could find put the Red Hat Population at 4,000 and the population of Camp Freedom at 7,000; that is 11,000 people, with Green Hats, Robo-Hunters/Steel Knights, rebels, Black Hats, and other large slave populations unaccounted for.

I am guessing at around 25,000+ people live in Denver and area.
Professor Phobos
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the population count, now that I dig into my memories, came from a Listserv errata conversation that used to be on the old Deadlands website but has since vanished along with a bunch of neat stuff from Back In The Day.

(Like the Black Chip. The sweet, sweet Black Chip.)

I can't think of any other book to check.
ValhallaGH
Legendary

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Professor Phobos wrote:
(Like the Black Chip. The sweet, sweet Black Chip.)

You mean this Black Chip? http://www.peginc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=64997&sid=0507bd65c1f3e2b6675a3a9176a9edf3
Professor Phobos
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man, thanks. Now I just have to figure out how to adapt it to Savage Worlds, which shouldn't be too difficult.

It's a shame some of the other stuff from the old website didn't survive. I remember new edges and hindrances, extra Librarian powers, adventures, etc, an "Arcane Chip" and new arcane backgrounds like the "Grave Knight" and the "Faerie Doctor."
Fuzyfeet
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Professor Phobos wrote:
It's a shame some of the other stuff from the old website didn't survive. I remember new edges and hindrances, extra Librarian powers, adventures, etc, an "Arcane Chip" and new arcane backgrounds like the "Grave Knight" and the "Faerie Doctor."

You could try the WayBackMachine for the Accumulated Rulings or Pinnacles' old stuff, and if that's not what your looking for you can even sift through the old listserv. I still get a kick out of the stuff we use to come up with...

Just my $0.02

My Deadlands sites
The Lynchburg Journal
The Junkyard Intranet
The Temptation Reportl
Professor Phobos
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, the good old days of the mailing list. I once had a rough draft of "Satellite Shamans", an AB for Hell on Earth about cargo cultists making spiritual contact with ComSat & Company, but never submitted it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: