Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Yet more Chase questions... "Forcing"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Official Answers on How the Core Rules Work
View previous topic :: View next topic  
obryn
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Yet more Chase questions... "Forcing" Reply with quote

Hello! I am new to SW, and plan to kick off a new Realms of Cthulhu game with a car chase. I figure, why not start with a bang?

I understand the basics of the chase process now, I think. It looks like a blast! My question is involving the "Force" action which is in the Errata.

Basically - does the driver suffer a multi-action penalty to either his initial driving roll or to this secondary driving roll for taking this action? If so, does he need to declare it before he finds out if he gets Advantage during the round?

(I was also going to ask about shooting out tires, which the poster below has asked. I am nearly 100% positive my players will try that!)

Thanks!

-O
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Yet more Chase questions... "Forcing" Reply with quote

First off, welcome to the forums!

obryn wrote:
Basically - does the driver suffer a multi-action penalty to either his initial driving roll or to this secondary driving roll for taking this action?

Nope. As stated in the last sentence under Chase Cards, "Making a maneuvering Trait roll does not count as an action."

Since it doesn't count as an action at all, it not only doesn't cause multiple action penalties, but the driver is also able to use that same skill for an action (such as Forcing) without breaking the "cannot duplicate the same action in the same round" rule.

Hope that helps!

www.peginc.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Official Answers on How the Core Rules Work All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: