Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NE question again

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Official Answers on How the Rules In Other Pinnacle Products Work
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
lute408
Novice


Joined: 13 Sep 2012
Posts: 12

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: NE question again Reply with quote

Double checking some things.
1. If I have attack ranged power and put 1 whole point into armor piercing, that makes my total AP 4 correct?

2. Super Skills says (1/2 skill points). Does this mean Putting 1 power point into Super Skills gives you 4 points in Skills? In other words, if I already have d12 in fighting, putting just 1 Power Point in Super Skills can make my fighting d12+4?
Also, it says buying new skills is 2 skill points at d4, after that does it still cost 2 skill points for each increase (2 points for d4, 6 points for d6, 8 for dCool or does it then cost 1 skill point after the d4 (2 points for d4, 3 points for d6, etc)?

3. Super Sorcery question. A player has put 2 points to give himself Attack Ranged. He then put 18 points into Super Sorcery (Super Karma rule). Can he make his current Attack Ranged better by using Sorcery?

4. Is Invent switchable since you make weapons? If so, would that make the weapon no good during the switch?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Clint
Site Admin


Joined: 13 May 2003
Posts: 17364

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Re: NE question again Reply with quote

lute408 wrote:
1. If I have attack ranged power and put 1 whole point into armor piercing, that makes my total AP 4 correct?


Um, nope. The modifier specifically says "Every point put into this attack gives your attack an AP value of 2." So 1 point grants AP 2.

lute408 wrote:
2. Super Skills says (1/2 skill points). Does this mean Putting 1 power point into Super Skills gives you 4 points in Skills? In other words, if I already have d12 in fighting, putting just 1 Power Point in Super Skills can make my fighting d12+4?


Sorry, nope again, it means 1 point grants 2 skill points.

lute408 wrote:
Also, it says buying new skills is 2 skill points at d4, after that does it still cost 2 skill points for each increase (2 points for d4, 6 points for d6, 8 for dCool or does it then cost 1 skill point after the d4 (2 points for d4, 3 points for d6, etc)?


It would cost 1 skill point using points from Super Skill as noted in the second paragraph under the power description...

"Unlike the normal advancement, it doesn’t matter if the super skill is over the linked attribute or not (though it still matters if you use regular advancements to increase the skill further)."

lute408 wrote:
3. Super Sorcery question. A player has put 2 points to give himself Attack Ranged. He then put 18 points into Super Sorcery (Super Karma rule). Can he make his current Attack Ranged better by using Sorcery?


Well, first off, Attack Ranged costs 3 points, but yes, the character could use his levels of Super Sorcery to add Modifiers to a power they have, boosting it so to speak. So if he had 6 levels (costing 18 pts), he could add up to 6 points to his Attack, Ranged (without borrowing) by making a roll as an action.

lute408 wrote:
4. Is Invent switchable since you make weapons? If so, would that make the weapon no good during the switch?


Not 100% sure on the meaning of the question, so I'll try the two interpretations I think it could be...

1 - Can the Invent power use the Switchable Modifier?

The answer would be yes, but any Switchable power off Invent would also have the Device effect with no point reduction and additionally, that power would not be usable while the Invent powers were being switched around. In effect, the Switchable powers come with all the drawbacks inherent in Invent as well.

2 - Can a power created with Invent have the Switchable Modifier.

Also, yes, but if that device is lost or destroyed, then both powers are lost as they are tied to the same item.

If I missed the meaning of that last question, just shoot me a PM and we can try to clear it up.

Hope that helps.
_________________
Clint Black
Savage Worlds Core Rules Brand Manager

www.peginc.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Official Answers on How the Rules In Other Pinnacle Products Work All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum