Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[LL] SWD race, weapon conversions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Official Settings & Companions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Orangataur
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: [LL] SWD race, weapon conversions Reply with quote

I just picked up the LL core book, and I'm floored at the love and goop poured into this setting. I knew the book was a bit dated, and was wondering if anyone had any changes/houserules that would let the setting breathe in those yummy SWD reeks.

1) The races in the core book definitely seem to have a net modifier greater than +2. I don't necessarily see this as a problem if everything else in the setting is equally amped up, but it seems that a couple well-placed Quirks and personality Hindrances (Curious, Quirk (Yoda-phrasing) for oofos, Mean for horcs, etc.) could help shore up any power gaps between races. Has anyone tried this with their own games?

2) It looks like all the melee weapons are presented with the SWEX format of Str+1, +2, etc. It seems pretty easy to just change the damage modifier with a die type. What about minimum strength levels?

3) Is the 5 additional attribute point bonus supposed to cover for a SWEX character generation, or would that be a net 10 points for attribute assignment? The skill point values seem equal to those provided in SWD.

Any recommendations would be appreciated!
ValhallaGH
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:03 am    Post subject: Re: [LL] SWD race, weapon conversions Reply with quote

If you want to bring Low Life up to SWD standards, decide which core edges to allow in the setting and convert melee damage over to Strength + dice. You'll be done.

Specific concerns:
1) If all the races are equal then it just does not matter what level their at. They could be +2, +10, or -3. As long as they are all equal, they're good.

Orangataur wrote:
2) It looks like all the melee weapons are presented with the SWEX format of Str+1, +2, etc. It seems pretty easy to just change the damage modifier with a die type. What about minimum strength levels?

First, that damage type is pre-SWEX.
Second, the usual conversion is each +1 is a die type (+1 = d4, +2 = d6, etc.). Minimum strength for such melee weapons is already addressed in SWD (weapon die type is reduced to match strength die type, and any bonuses for the weapon are lost, though penalties still apply).

3) Attributes have never changed between editions of Savage Worlds. 5 points is 5 points for the same 5 attributes.

Have fun!
Orangataur
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great! Nice knowing that I wasn't that far off.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Official Settings & Companions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: