Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Interface Zero] Riot Gel Gun questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Licensees
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fenriswolf
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:26 am    Post subject: [Interface Zero] Riot Gel Gun questions Reply with quote

The Riot Gel Gun in the IZ book shoots blast of gel rounds in a cone template inflicting non-lethal damage. It says that it is a like a sawed off shotgun.

Does the shooter just roll Shooting against a standard target number of 4 and with a success, everything in the area of the cone template suffers 2d6 non-lethal damage?

If the shooter has a raise on the Shooting roll, does the damage increase by 1d6?

Is there a recoil penalty associated with this gun? The description doesn't state one, just thought I would check.

The struck target also has to make a Strength roll opposed, adjusted by the number of raises on the initial Shooting roll, or get knocked back a number of squares. How do you handle the secondary damage if the target hits a wall? My specific example was from a flying character shooting down upon a group of goons. The goons were hit but since the shot came from directly over them, do they take secondary damage from hitting the street directly underneath them?

Thanks in advance for any help guys!
DavidJ
Heroic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:19 pm    Post subject: Re: [Interface Zero] Riot Gel Gun questions Reply with quote

[quote="fenriswolf"]The Riot Gel Gun in the IZ book shoots blast of gel rounds in a cone template inflicting non-lethal damage. It says that it is a like a sawed off shotgun.

Does the shooter just roll Shooting against a standard target number of 4 and with a success, everything in the area of the cone template suffers 2d6 non-lethal damage? [.quote]

That's correct.

fenriswolf wrote:

If the shooter has a raise on the Shooting roll, does the damage increase by 1d6?

Hmm, I'm not sure why it would. The shooting roll is just to hit, but I'll check that again.

fenriswolf wrote:

Is there a recoil penalty associated with this gun? The description doesn't state one, just thought I would check.

Nope, no recoil penalty.

Have you ever seen Minority report? Those sonic weapons they used again Tom Cruise in the warehouse work like a riot gel gun

fenriswolf wrote:

The struck target also has to make a Strength roll opposed, adjusted by the number of raises on the initial Shooting roll, or get knocked back a number of squares. How do you handle the secondary damage if the target hits a wall? My specific example was from a flying character shooting down upon a group of goons. The goons were hit but since the shot came from directly over them, do they take secondary damage from hitting the street directly underneath them?

Thanks in advance for any help guys!

I think that, if you want to have a wall or a street inflict secondary damage, that's fine. Getting knocked into a wall might cause the character to be shaken instead of taking extra damage, same goes for hitting the pavement at distances under 10 ft.

If they fell more than 10 feet, I'd refer to the falling rules in SWDE and apply them as necessary. Alternately, if they get knocked into non-standard objects ( like through a window, or into a trash dumpster,) you might simply choose to apply damage from an object as if it successfully hit them on an attack roll.

So, Billy Black eyes gets hit by a blast from a riot gel gun.
It knocks him through a window overlooking a dirty alleyway 20 feet below.

He might take damage from going through the window, so minor cuts and stuff like that,say 1d4 damage. Whether or not that's considered lethal is up to you. Technically it is, but he';s also flying through it, so you might choose to go for a more cinematic approach and have it be non-lethal, or even negligible.

He'll definitely need to roll for falling damage. Add in the damage from the gel gun itself, and I think that's about all Billy has to Worry about, aside from the shooter, of course.
DavidJ
Heroic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Bad about the bonus Damage.

Yes on a raise you get an additional 1d6 damage, as per the Savage Worlds rules.
fenriswolf
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought that was the case but I wasn't sure. Thanks for the clarification and quick reply.
Kodyax
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting, I always took them as something to give the police or security guards when the object is suppression of invaders/rioters or when it's been really impressed upon the user that they need to take a target and bring her in while she's still breathing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Licensees All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: