Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Frenzy - declaring targets

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Official Answers on How the Core Rules Work
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThatGiantMan
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: Frenzy - declaring targets Reply with quote

So, with Frenzy, I can make two fighting attacks (two fighting dice, one wild die), potentially attacking two opponents, but at what point do I have to declare who I'm attacking?

A) Roll dice, resolve each attack in turn - "Ok, a 9, 7 and 6... I'll apply the 9 to opponent A... hit... *poor damage roll*... ok, I'll apply the 7 to opponent A as well... hit.. and he's dead."

B) Roll dice, assign targets, resolve attacks - "Ok, a 9, 7 and 6... I'll apply the 9 to target A and the 7 to target B... the 9 hits and the 7 misses."

C) Assign targets, roll dice, assign dice, resolve attacks - "Ok, I'll put one attack on A and one on B... a 9, a 3 and a 2... I guess I'll apply the 9 to target A as he's the bigger threat... the 3 will obviously miss B."

D) Assign targets, assign dice, roll dice, resolve attacks - "Ok, I'll attack both guys... red fighting die on A, blue fighting die on B... red is a 9, so that will hit... blue is a 2... the wild die is 3, so not going to help."

To me, C looks like the fastest and fairest method, but I wondered if there's an official answer.
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Frenzy - declaring targets Reply with quote

ThatGiantMan wrote:
So, with Frenzy, I can make two fighting attacks (two fighting dice, one wild die), potentially attacking two opponents, but at what point do I have to declare who I'm attacking?

C) Assign targets, roll dice, assign dice, resolve attacks - "Ok, I'll put one attack on A and one on B... a 9, a 3 and a 2... I guess I'll apply the 9 to target A as he's the bigger threat... the 3 will obviously miss B."

D) Assign targets, assign dice, roll dice, resolve attacks - "Ok, I'll attack both guys... red fighting die on A, blue fighting die on B... red is a 9, so that will hit... blue is a 2... the wild die is 3, so not going to help."

To me, C looks like the fastest and fairest method, but I wondered if there's an official answer.

Either C or D would work (since it is a single action targets need to be chosen before resolution), and as long as both the players and the GM use the same system, they're balanced. C would be fastest though as you said.

www.peginc.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Official Answers on How the Core Rules Work All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: