Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Circular Bases for 28mm Figurines?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Miniatures, Terrain, and other Game Aides
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kronovan
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Circular Bases for 28mm Figurines? Reply with quote

I just used my last base a few weekends ago and unfortunately my FLGS doesn't have any more in stock and their supplier no longer distritubes them. I tossed the packaging a while ago, so I'm not even sure who the manufacturer was. I'm hoping to find plastic ones as I almost always run my games on a plexiglass sheet and there's far less chance of scratching.

If anyone knows of a good manufacturer or source for circular bases for 28mm fig's, I'd appreciate hearing about them. Preferably a manufacturer or distriubutor to an online retailer, as my FLGS owner will start stocking them if I can come up with a source. But if you only know of an online retailer, that's cool too. Wink
JackMann
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here you are.

Their site is more oriented to selling online directly, but their "Contact Us" page says they're interested in getting retailers to carry their products.
Jordan Peacock
Legendary

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you looking for PLAIN bases, SLOTTED bases, textured bases, etc.?

Reaper has plastic slotted bases in various sizes.

74023 - 30mm Round Plastic Base (MSRP 12 for $4.99)
(These are the bases that Reaper's Chronoscope and Savage Worlds figures come on.)

74015 - 1" square plastic base (MSRP 12 for $4.99)
(I think these are used for some of Reaper's "Warlord" fantasy miniatures.)

For decorated bases, there are a number of suppliers of either complete bases (often cast in resin), or base "inserts" (often metal, meant to be put on top of a plastic standard base). My personal favorite would be War Cast Studio's "industrial" resin bases, which, depending on how I paint them, work reasonably well for futuristic sci-fi or rusty steampunk, depending on how I paint them.

25mm industrial round bases (MSRP 10 @ $5.95)

Wyrd Miniatures has plastic bases and metal decorative base inserts. I'd include a picture, but apparently their site doesn't like that. They have 30mm plastic slotted bases (the same type used for Chronoscope and Savage Worlds minis) in packs of 10 for MSRP $3.00.

(They have a number of interesting metal inserts, but they're very pricey by my standards -- around $13.50 for 5 inserts -- and you have to get the plastic bases separately.)

Also, there's Litko, which is an example of a company that offers laser-cut bases out of various materials and in various sizes. For instance, 10 round 25mm bases from Litko are listed as $2.49. (For $11.49, you can get 100.)

I have not personally done any business with Litko, but a while back Gale Force 9 used to offer laser-cut bases of similar material that they'd deliver in "take-out boxes" in bulk (i.e., you'd get a box with whatever type of base you wanted, and as many as could be fit into a standard package -- so if you wanted bigger bases, you'd get fewer of them, and vice versa). A large number of my figures are based on those.

Froggy the Great's method is probably the most economical: He just puts his miniatures on pennies for bases. Very Happy
Legendary

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use 1" fender washers from Home Depot.
VonDan
Legendary

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For just the plan black bases in 1 and 2 inch to match the bases fro D&D mini i was using wood disk from the craft store. I have made a few of the 2 ich disk for monsters and giants out of heavy black latigo leather, then a cut some 1 inch out of ABS plastic with a 1 inch hole punch
kronovan
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jordan Peacock wrote:
Are you looking for PLAIN bases, SLOTTED bases, textured bases, etc.?

PLAIN bases that are NOT SLOTTED. They're replacement bases for some Heroclix I recently picked up, so I don't really need slots.

Many thanks for the suggestions so far, I'm checking into them and forwarding the information to my FLGS.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Miniatures, Terrain, and other Game Aides All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: