Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Savage Farscape

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Home-brew Settings & Conversions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SeventhZombie
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:01 am    Post subject: Savage Farscape Reply with quote

So I've decided to run a Savage Farscape game and I've borrowed heavily here and there from the forums but I've run into something I could use some options on:

Note: I'm setting this after the Peacekeeper Wars Miniseries but before the comics from Boom! (if you are a Farscape Fan you really should pick these up because they are written by O'Bannon one of the writers and producers from the series)

1) To balance Scarrans without nerfing them into lameness I've given them the Hindrance Habit (major): crystherium utilia. Anyone that knows the series knows that this is the special plant that allows higher brain function in the Scarran species. This will work in a similar fashion to the Tavlek's Gauntlet drug. The question is I'm not sure what to make these items cost. Both the drug and the flower are rare outside their respective sectors and so I'll definitely have them make a streetwise roll to find it but the average price is alluding me. My first thought was to make a week's supply 25 credits but that seems low.

2) I'm looking for a price and stats for a Hynerian Hooversled.

3) A good guide for ship combat and maybe some ship models.

Thanks.
Sitting Duck
Legendary

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TAG recently released a starship supplement for their Daring Tales of the Space Lanes line which you might find handy.
farik
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the drug I would encourage you to have the price be variable and a a GM try to use the price to keep the Scaren in poverty. In other words always charge about half what the Scarren has for a week's supply.

For the sled I'd suggest $500 credits or whatever amount of money the Rich edge awards in your setting.
SeventhZombie
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That supplement looks handy I'm going to have to grab it.

I think I'm going to start the game making the drug/flower 45 credits for a weeks supply and then from there on it will be on the character to find and barter for it. Maybe not keep the Scarran in total poverty but definitely keep him/ her guessing where the next supply is going to come from.

I'm still not sure about the stats for the hooversled. The Hynerion has a pace of 3 so I figured a low end sled (500 range) can have a 10 pace and a high end (750-1000) can have a fifteen. Figure with out something like mounted combat the PC will have a -2 to shoot while on the sled.

(funny, I be I put all this work to come up with these conversions and none of my players will pick these races Smile )
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Home-brew Settings & Conversions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: