Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

To Shane. RE: City of Heroes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Hey Pinnacle!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
biginjun
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:09 am    Post subject: To Shane. RE: City of Heroes Reply with quote

A bit off-topic, but was wondering if you had heard that NCSOFT was shutting down the City of Heroes game, since you worked on it/City of Villains.

Fan effort going on trying to save it, we'll see about that, but thought I would let you know.

Weren't you Lord Recluse?
PEGShane
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zeb Cook was Lord Recluse. I was Captain Mako.

Shane
ProfMarks
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing but the best memories of that game. I was secretly hoping Paragon studios had a #2 under the hood.

More than saving the game (all good things and all), I wish there was a way to save the studio.
biginjun
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PEGShane wrote:
Zeb Cook was Lord Recluse. I was Captain Mako.

Shane

Shane, thanks for the reply. Heh, I had you two reversed then, because I thought Zeb was Captain Mako, lol.

Mr. Green

Anyway, yeah efforts are underway to try to save the game since NCSoft dropped the hammer quite unexpectedly (the Dev team had been showing off screenshots of their newest issue that morning, and had released a new powerset just ten days before.)

With the usual petitions, currently a little north of 17,000 signatures.

http://www.change.org/petitions/ncsoft-keep-ncsoft-from-shutting-down-city-of-heroes

Also getting support on twitter from others, like Mercedes Lackey who is a player and offered to even do advertisements for them unpaid as a carrot to consider keeping the game open or letting someone else have it. You can probably find quite a few articles on the net about it.

Anyway, thought i'd let you know since you were part of it (and are part of it via Mako)

Heh, if anyone ever takes another crack at making a Deadlands MMO, then i'd be so playing that one. Smile
biginjun
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProfMarks wrote:
Nothing but the best memories of that game. I was secretly hoping Paragon studios had a #2 under the hood.

More than saving the game (all good things and all), I wish there was a way to save the studio.

I dunno, one of the admins posted in-game about supposed talks between studio management and NCSoft.

no news on that or promises made, yet, but it is an interesting development.

www.coh.com is the site, still, forums are under community and viewable by pretty much everyone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Hey Pinnacle! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: