Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[GMG] Interface Zero 2.0: Kickstarter Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Licensees
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J Gregory
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thurak wrote:

Also really do your homework for international shipping for "everything" the Euro/Canadian backers really will hesitate to back if shipping makes it not worth their time. A solution to this is to make sure to offer an all electronic pdf level.

I've struck a few KS projects lately that I'd have loved to get in on, but the postage costs to Australia doubled the outlay, and economic rationalism prevailed.

Making sure there are pdf-only backing levels goes a long way to keeping the other hemisphere happy Cool
DavidJ
Heroic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J Gregory wrote:
thurak wrote:

Also really do your homework for international shipping for "everything" the Euro/Canadian backers really will hesitate to back if shipping makes it not worth their time. A solution to this is to make sure to offer an all electronic pdf level.

I've struck a few KS projects lately that I'd have loved to get in on, but the postage costs to Australia doubled the outlay, and economic rationalism prevailed.

Making sure there are pdf-only backing levels goes a long way to keeping the other hemisphere happy Cool

There will absolutely be PDF/digital only Backing levels. I'm also planning on having Figure flats you can download, and hopefully some other things that can be downloaded, like Downloadable action decks (you'd just have to find someone you trust to print them).

Every stretch goal we do will have a digital version. If we unlock physical Minis, for example, you'll get an option to have them made into figure flats if you don't want to pay for shipping.
Jordan Peacock
Legendary

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thurak wrote:
like Downloadable action decks (you'd just have to find someone you trust to print them).

I've been looking at the wide range of printable label sheets (Avery, et al.), and considering the possibility of making a custom action deck by printing LABELS I can apply to an existing card deck. That would help to deal with the problem of uniformity of the edges of the cards. It still wouldn't be good enough for poker, but that's not the concern for an action deck anyway.

Another possibility: labels for custom Bennies. On Amazon.com, I was able to get a sheet of 1" diameter circle labels from "Label Outfitters," which I used for making my own custom Bennies for Wonderland No More, War of the Dead, Savage Ghostbusters, etc. I was then able to put the stickers onto some old plastic poker chips I had (that happened to have flat, smooth about-1"-diameter gaps in the middle of each chip), and onto some standard clay chips.

Clay "Biohazard" Chips for War of the Dead:

Plastic Chips for Wonderland No More:

(Alas, I can't find a new source for plastic poker chips with flat inner circles; everything seems to be embossed with some fancy-schmancy design that isn't very sticker-friendly. The chips I used for the WNM Bennies were found in a thrift store ages ago. I spray-painted them gold because originally I used them for "gold coins" for a SwordTag LARP campaign. Wink )
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David,
while I agree the key is to incentivize the current backers, the point I was trying to make is if you have stretch goals that give value add to the current backers AT their current levels, it encourages them to go out and find more backers which IMHO increases your total more than getting a few people to up their pledges.

That way all those people who can't go higher - because of financial limitations they are under, are still working toward increasing the total.
DavidJ
Heroic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darq666 wrote:
David,
while I agree the key is to incentivize the current backers, the point I was trying to make is if you have stretch goals that give value add to the current backers AT their current levels, it encourages them to go out and find more backers which IMHO increases your total more than getting a few people to up their pledges.

That way all those people who can't go higher - because of financial limitations they are under, are still working toward increasing the total.

Can you give me an example?

I think I'm a bit confused.
DavidJ
Heroic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jordan Peacock wrote:
thurak wrote:
like Downloadable action decks (you'd just have to find someone you trust to print them).

I've been looking at the wide range of printable label sheets (Avery, et al.), and considering the possibility of making a custom action deck by printing LABELS I can apply to an existing card deck. That would help to deal with the problem of uniformity of the edges of the cards. It still wouldn't be good enough for poker, but that's not the concern for an action deck anyway.

Another possibility: labels for custom Bennies. On Amazon.com, I was able to get a sheet of 1" diameter circle labels from "Label Outfitters," which I used for making my own custom Bennies for Wonderland No More, War of the Dead, Savage Ghostbusters, etc. I was then able to put the stickers onto some old plastic poker chips I had (that happened to have flat, smooth about-1"-diameter gaps in the middle of each chip), and onto some standard clay chips.

(Alas, I can't find a new source for plastic poker chips with flat inner circles; everything seems to be embossed with some fancy-schmancy design that isn't very sticker-friendly. The chips I used for the WNM Bennies were found in a thrift store ages ago. I spray-painted them gold because originally I used them for "gold coins" for a SwordTag LARP campaign. Wink )

Great ideas!
Darq666
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thurak wrote:
Darq666 wrote:
David,

Sure:

Say you have supporter levels A ($25), B ($50), C ($75) and D ($100)

I support at "Level C" which gets the stuff from "Level A" and "Level B".

Level A guys get a PDF of the book

Level B guys get a Hard Copy of the book

Level C gets a Kickstarter exclussive adventure module. There might be more cool stuff I want at "Level D", but I just can't afford anymore right now.

Ok so your stretch goals:

at $2,500 over Level A (and everyone else) gets a Kickstarter exclussive PDF with detailed char sheets of 5 most wanted bad guys

at $5,000 over you up it to 10 bad guys (again everyone benefits)

at $7,500 over you up it to 12 bad guys and everyone at Level B and above gets a poster map

at $10,000 over Level B becomes a two sided map and Level C gets a Kickstarter Exclusive PDF with a couple of adventures in it

at $15,000 over Level A gets 5 more guys, Level B gets another Map and Level C Gets a second adventure.

With this kind of model, as you get more Backing Dollars, I get more stuff - but I didn't HAVE to up my pledge. Lets face it many people can't - I see a lot of Kick Starters that all depend on me spending more to get more stuff, so once I reach my limit there is no incentive for me to put effort in by spreading the word.

I CAN get more stuff by uping my pledge, but there is still a reason for me to help by spreading the word and bringing in more backers - rasing YOUR total pledges and getting ME more loots. Again I urge you to look at the Low Life Minis comments. There was coordinated effort there to make sure the wrod was getting out as far as possible.
DavidJ
Heroic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darq666 wrote:
thurak wrote:
Darq666 wrote:
David,

Sure:

Say you have supporter levels A ($25), B ($50), C ($75) and D ($100)

I support at "Level C" which gets the stuff from "Level A" and "Level B".

Level A guys get a PDF of the book

Level B guys get a Hard Copy of the book

Level C gets a Kickstarter exclussive adventure module. There might be more cool stuff I want at "Level D", but I just can't afford anymore right now.

Ok so your stretch goals:

at $2,500 over Level A (and everyone else) gets a Kickstarter exclussive PDF with detailed char sheets of 5 most wanted bad guys

at $5,000 over you up it to 10 bad guys (again everyone benefits)

at $7,500 over you up it to 12 bad guys and everyone at Level B and above gets a poster map

at $10,000 over Level B becomes a two sided map and Level C gets a Kickstarter Exclusive PDF with a couple of adventures in it

at $15,000 over Level A gets 5 more guys, Level B gets another Map and Level C Gets a second adventure.

With this kind of model, as you get more Backing Dollars, I get more stuff - but I didn't HAVE to up my pledge. Lets face it many people can't - I see a lot of Kick Starters that all depend on me spending more to get more stuff, so once I reach my limit there is no incentive for me to put effort in by spreading the word.

I CAN get more stuff by uping my pledge, but there is still a reason for me to help by spreading the word and bringing in more backers - rasing YOUR total pledges and getting ME more loots. Again I urge you to look at the Low Life Minis comments. There was coordinated effort there to make sure the wrod was getting out as far as possible.

*snip* stolen.

I think this is a great idea. I like it better than, say, optional add-ons.

I was sort of thinking about goign this route, but I wasn't tieing it to funding levels.

Great ideas. Thanks.
Darq666
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank Andy - Im sure he would be happy to chat with you about his experiences with Kickstarter, He is a really great guy - Tell him Thom sent you Very Happy
DavidJ
Heroic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darq666 wrote:
Thank Andy - Im sure he would be happy to chat with you about his experiences with Kickstarter, He is a really great guy - Tell him Thom sent you Very Happy

umm. who's andy?
Darq666
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy Hopp - The guy who did Low Life Very Happy
DavidJ
Heroic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darq666 wrote:
Andy Hopp - The guy who did Low Life Very Happy

LOL

Sorry. So bad with names. I've also got a million things on my plate right now.
DavidJ
Heroic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What would you guys prefer to see,

A full-sized hard cover book, or an explorers edition-sized hard cover?
Jordan Peacock
Legendary

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thurak wrote:

I think there's a certain appeal to a nice shiny full-sized hardcover book for me to reference in a setting. One nice perk is that I can hold a couple of full-page sheets under the cover and at the ready, such as a "cheat sheet" reference, a One Sheet reference for the day's session, etc.

I enjoy the Explorer's Edition of Savage Worlds mostly for its low price point, which makes it possible for me to have a few copies at the table for player reference (for convention games, or for the few home-game players who don't have their own copies of the basic rules).

For a setting book, however, I would really love a "Player's Guide" version of the PDF, with a limited license allowing me to print off copies for my players. (Of course, it would be great if all my players would just buy their own copies of the setting book, but I can't always count on that.)
Heroic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jordan Peacock wrote:
thurak wrote:

For a setting book, however, I would really love a "Player's Guide" version of the PDF, with a limited license allowing me to print off copies for my players. (Of course, it would be great if all my players would just buy their own copies of the setting book, but I can't always count on that.)

Challenge Accepted!
steelbrok
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the one hand I'm trying to stick to pdfs as shelf space is more limited nowadays, on the other, if I do buy a hardcopy I muck prefer Explorer size - in soft back though!
Jux
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With SW core book, I much prefer the explorers edition, soft cover. Easier to take with me, takes less room at the gaming table. It is more practical.

Unless it is dripping with art, there is no point of full size hard cover books. And PDF-s serve me just as previews of the book. I hate using them at the gaming table, but that is just me.

But if wishes were horses, I would like the IZ 2.0 to include (or have a reprint milestone of) the core book stuff but in full color, replacing hacking, errata etc.
Darq666
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I myself prefer the full sized Hard cover. Um FYI - Low Life: Keister Island came out in an Explorer Sized hard cover...
fenriswolf
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a sucker for new shiny hard back books but I really like the portability and size of the explorer's size. I had my deluxe explorer's edition binding cut and spiral bound it so it can lay flat on the game table. I will probably do that with IZ so count me in for the explorers edition size.
DavidJ
Heroic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the input.

I think I'm going to look into the possibility of doing both.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Licensees All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 4 of 24

Jump to: