Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Evernight Errata or Update to SWD?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Hey Pinnacle!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Redtwin
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Evernight Errata or Update to SWD? Reply with quote

Ah, fond memories. I ran EN a long time ago as my first SW game. The players ran with it more than I did, and the end result was just amazing.

Anyway, I've got a fresh group of new players who want me to run a game for them, and I want to do EN again. Are there any errata or updates to SWD for it that I'm not seeing? It's such an amazing setting, and I was surprised to find there wasn't much by way of downloads for it.
Dane
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am currently running again myself, having run it about 5 years ago.

I am still working on the learning curve here, so bear with me. Thus far, with the exception of the damage types, we haven't run into anything specific that needs updating. Of course, the xp bennie thing is a new item. Then, there is guts, or the lack thereof in Deluxe. I've eliminated Guts, used Spirit instead, and put those "points" in the opponents someplace else on occasion. The question of integrating the contents from the Fantasy Companion is open in a minor way; my group has not found much there that is of solid use except for gear, maybe some powers, and the use of "scrolls" as items to learn powers outside the narrow lists of the setting.

I am just disappointed that the setting has not been expanded...

~ D #freak
ValhallaGH
Legendary

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Evernight Errata or Update to SWD? Reply with quote

Redtwin wrote:
Are there any errata or updates to SWD for it that I'm not seeing?

Only if I am magically blocked from finding them. Wink

If updating to deluxe then change melee weapon damage, decide if you want to change guts / fear checks, and decide which new edges and spells should be allowed in the setting (I'd go with most non-professional edges and maybe one or two of the spells).

One of the great things about Savage Worlds is that new editions of the core rules don't invalidate the setting materials we've already invested in. That is so very awesome.
#gunbattle
Redtwin
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I'm still carrying a torch and hoping that it will get revamped. It really is an awesome setting, but there's a lot of little things that are off or aren't explained. The thought of it being redone as a plot point game to flesh out the middle makes me giggle with joy.
Cryonic
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dane wrote:

I am still working on the learning curve here, so bear with me. Thus far, with the exception of the damage types, we haven't run into anything specific that needs updating. Of course, the xp bennie thing is a new item. Then, there is guts, or the lack thereof in Deluxe. I've eliminated Guts, used Spirit instead, and put those "points" in the opponents someplace else on occasion. The question of integrating the contents from the Fantasy Companion is open in a minor way; my group has not found much there that is of solid use except for gear, maybe some powers, and the use of "scrolls" as items to learn powers outside the narrow lists of the setting.

I am just disappointed that the setting has not been expanded...

~ D #freak

Guts isn't gone in Deluxe, it just isn't the default skill anymore. So, no reason to remove it from games that call for it.

Savage Worlds Tales: http://www.daemonstorm.com/category/Categories/Role-playing/Savage-Worlds
Dane
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cryonic wrote:
Dane wrote:

<delevi> Then, there is guts, or the lack thereof in Deluxe. I've eliminated Guts, used Spirit instead, and put those "points" in the opponents someplace else on occasion. <delevi>

Guts isn't gone in Deluxe, it just isn't the default skill anymore. So, no reason to remove it from games that call for it.

Yup, I suppose. I went with the design notes on p. 25 and have found it more efficient to just do an opposed spirit. In my mind, a fear check is really nothing more than an opposed roll akin to other tests of will. Additionally, EN is dark but not necessarily horror genre (e.g., Deadlands) -- in fact, it makes better sense in the setting to me that the horrific nature of the Invasion would put the PC's at a "disadvantage" of not having the evolutionary adaptation of Guts. But, that's just me -- I like easy...

~ D #freak
Redtwin
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did some digging and found a bunch of fan made EN stuff, including a few adventures, unofficial errata, and .

http://savagepedia.wikispaces.com/Evernight has a bunch of stuff, but the link for the Power Pack is broken. It's actually at http://www.dragonsfoot.org/php4/archive.php?sectioninit=SW&fileid=137.
Jose
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to see new material of Evernight. It was my first Savage Setting in 2010 when I started with Savage Worlds. Even so, some of my first players ask me, from time to time "Dude, when will we playing Evernight again? What about Evernight?"
By the way...What happened with the translation of the polish version?
I share this oppinion "I am just disappointed that the setting has not been expanded". I think you can develop a whole setting before the invasion, during the last Race War, with a little incursion of the Masters, pulling the strings to prepare their invasion. More descriptions of Kos, The White Towns, The Dragon Isles (I like the idea of players riding drakes and dragons against the Masters and mixing extraterrestrial creatures in a Fantasy world), and Tarth in general. In a way, I feel is necessary to expand the world, it seems to me that Tarth is a really small world, a tiny world.
It's an amazing setting, AMAZING!, thats why I feel a little dissapointed that SW didn't updated to Deluxe and develop this setting much further.

It's 4:10 am, I'm sleepy, and english is not my native language, so I hope you understand what I wrote here. Razz

bye!
ValhallaGH
Legendary

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jose wrote:
I'd love ... Evernight.

I think it came through clearly. Mr. Green

I will point out that nothing stop you from developing your own expansions to adventures in Tarth. And you seem to have some excellent ideas to start from. Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Hey Pinnacle! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: