Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Frenzy/Rapid Attack vs Counterattack

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Official Answers on How the Core Rules Work
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zadmar
Legendary

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Frenzy/Rapid Attack vs Counterattack Reply with quote

I did search to see if this had been asked before, but if so I couldn't find it. Thanks in advance for your help!

If someone uses Frenzy or Rapid Attack against an opponent with Counterattack, do they trigger a Counterattack if all of their attacks miss, or if one attack misses?

Example: I've got Fighting d10, and a +2 Gang Up bonus from my allies, so I decide to use Wild Attack and Rapid Attack giving me a total attack modifier of +0. I roll 3d10 and a d6 Wild Die, giving me 9, 4, 3 and 1. My opponent has Parry 5, so I only hit with one of my attacks. Does my opponent get a Counterattack because the other two attacks missed?
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:14 am    Post subject: Re: Frenzy/Rapid Attack vs Counterattack Reply with quote

Zadmar wrote:
I did search to see if this had been asked before, but if so I couldn't find it. Thanks in advance for your help!

If someone uses Frenzy or Rapid Attack against an opponent with Counterattack, do they trigger a Counterattack if all of their attacks miss, or if one attack misses?

Example: I've got Fighting d10, and a +2 Gang Up bonus from my allies, so I decide to use Wild Attack and Rapid Attack giving me a total attack modifier of +0. I roll 3d10 and a d6 Wild Die, giving me 9, 4, 3 and 1. My opponent has Parry 5, so I only hit with one of my attacks. Does my opponent get a Counterattack because the other two attacks missed?

Possibly. First the opponent would get a free attack because a "Fighting attack" missed. It doesn't matter if it was part of multiple attacks as a single action; a Fighting attack missed, so the Counterattack can occur.

However, a target only gets a Counterattack if not Shaken, and since all of those attacks occur on the same action, the one that did hit would be resolved before the Counterattack. Meaning if the attack that hit causes the target to be Shaken then they would not get the free attack for the one (or more) that missed.

So yes, it would trigger Counterattack but any successful hit could cause the target to be Shaken which would nullify the Counterattack, so possibly, depending on the result of the successful attack.

www.peginc.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Official Answers on How the Core Rules Work All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: