Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SW Deluxe Explorer's Edition

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Hey Pinnacle!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Renny
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: SW Deluxe Explorer's Edition Reply with quote

Hi

Just wanted to scream from the rooftops how freakin' beautiful the new Explorer's Edition book is. Seriously, this little gem is amazing. Picked it up in London today and I am VERY happy with my purchase. Great work by all involved.

Currently 99% Savage and proud !
sirkerry
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:46 pm    Post subject: Re: SW Deluxe Explorer's Edition Reply with quote

Renny wrote:
Hi

Just wanted to scream from the rooftops how freakin' beautiful the new Explorer's Edition book is. Seriously, this little gem is amazing. Picked it up in London today and I am VERY happy with my purchase. Great work by all involved.

Agreed! It's a gorgeous book, I picked up 5 copies of it today from my FLGS.
Prepping: several different scenarios
Playing: New Year's War Playtest
grufflehead
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it the same type of book (in terms of paper, binding etc) as the original SWEX? Would like to hear how it stands up to use as for some reason my SWEX fell apart within weeks of me getting it.
Sitting Duck
Legendary

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Presumably you got the second printing, which reported an unusually high number of defective copies. IIRC they changed the binding method that was being used after that.
ValhallaGH
Legendary

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sitting Duck wrote:
Presumably you got the second printing, which reported an unusually high number of defective copies. IIRC they changed the binding method that was being used after that.

They also had a good replacement policy for customers that got in touch with them.

I suspect that the SWD:EE is of similar quality to the Horror Companion - which is amazing.
grufflehead
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent, thanks all. Even though my SWEX is in bits, it's still probably the single best product I've bought in 30 years of gaming. And all because of a chance encounter in a FLGS which I visited on a whim and sadly doesn't even exist any more.
Lysander
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If possible, take your old copy to your local Kinko's and have them spiral bind it (since it's already messed up). This way, it statys together and it will lay flat if needed (I did that with my EE copy as soon as I got it, best +$8 bucks I ever spent on Savage Worlds, and I intend to do that with my Deluxe EE copy as soon as my FLGS get some more in...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSReSGe200A
Renny
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it's early days so i can't speak as to the longevity of the binding. If anything, i would say the book is of even better quality than the previous Explorers Edition.

Currently 99% Savage and proud !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Hey Pinnacle! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: