Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bunch of rules questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Official Answers on How the Core Rules Work
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Volt875
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: Bunch of rules questions Reply with quote

Hello Savage Worlds people. Picked up core a while ago and read through it to prepare for an upcoming game and encountered a bunch of stuff I was hoping you guys could help with. So without further ado...
1) If your shaken by one attack then take a wound from another and then you use a benny to soak the wound do you become unshaken?
2) Moving your pace is a free action. Can I move half my pace, attack, then move the other half?
3) It says under healing that you can reattempt as often as you like within the golden hour. Does that mean if I succed and heal I can make another check to heal more?
4) With grappling is the first roll to entangle opposed or do you just have to beat their parry?
5) With the innocent bystander rule does that mean you have to roll a one on both the shooting die and wild die or just the shooting die?
6) Not a real rules question so ignore it if you want but the part in chapter 4 about mantaining powers mentions a charm power but it's not in the book. Is this just a typo?

And one I forgot so am editing in. If you are shaken and are hit and the damage beats your toughness with a raise you only take 1 wound correct?

Thanks for your time. Also if it helps I have the Explorer's Edition 3rd printing
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Bunch of rules questions Reply with quote

Volt875 wrote:
1) If your shaken by one attack then take a wound from another and then you use a benny to soak the wound do you become unshaken?

If a character Soaks all the wounds from an attack, they also remove their Shaken condition regardless of the original source.

Volt875 wrote:
2) Moving your pace is a free action. Can I move half my pace, attack, then move the other half?

Sure. Actions can be resolved at any point during movement.

Volt875 wrote:
3) It says under healing that you can reattempt as often as you like within the golden hour. Does that mean if I succed and heal I can make another check to heal more?

That rule changed. You can download the new one for free from the Pinnacle website, but in short, one character can make one Healing skill attempt per hour. Different characters can try in the same hour, but not the same one.

If it's the Healing power, the character can try as many times as they have PPs.

Volt875 wrote:
4) With grappling is the first roll to entangle opposed or do you just have to beat their parry?

By the current rules, it's Opposed.

Volt875 wrote:
5) With the innocent bystander rule does that mean you have to roll a one on both the shooting die and wild die or just the shooting die?

Roll a 1 on the Shooting die and simply miss with the Wild Die (the rule is every miss that comes up a 1 on the Shooting die).

Volt875 wrote:
6) Not a real rules question so ignore it if you want but the part in chapter 4 about mantaining powers mentions a charm power but it's not in the book. Is this just a typo?

It's basically the Puppet power, but it's a bit of errata we've purposefully kept around since the first printing because we find it, ahem, charming. Wink

Volt875 wrote:
And one I forgot so am editing in. If you are shaken and are hit and the damage beats your toughness with a raise you only take 1 wound correct?

Correct.

Hope that helps!

www.peginc.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Official Answers on How the Core Rules Work All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: