Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New to Savage Lands and Deadlands. Some questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: The Weird West
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scottder
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: New to Savage Lands and Deadlands. Some questions Reply with quote

I recently ordered the Savage Lands Deluxe Explorers edition in hopes of playing RPGs with a group of friends. Savage Lands seemed th perfect system for a group of friends who no long have the time for long really intense RPG sessions. That doesn't mean we don;t want to have fun, and that lead me to Deadlands. It's something new for all of us, and there seems to be a lot out there for it.

My question now is, what is the basics I need for starting deadlands outside of the Savage Worlds core rules books. Is it just the players guide and marshals guide? Any other things people recommend for a group just starting out with SW and Deadlands.

Thanks in advance,
Scott
Thunderforge
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've said it: you just need the Savage Worlds core book, the Deadlands Player's Guide, and if you're a GM, the Deadlands Marshal's Handbook. That's it. The free One-sheet adventures are a great place to start getting a feel for Deadlands.

After that, what books you want depends on what you're looking for. If you want a campaign that will keep you busy for over a year, pick up The Flood or Last Sons. If you want self-contained adventures, pick up Coffin Rock, Guess Who's Comin' to Donner, or any of the others. If you want something in between, pick up the trail guides.

Also, there's the Smith & Robbards 1880 Catalog as well which has loads of extra gear. I'd suggest staying away from that one until you get a feel for the setting a bit. It's got lots of great stuff, but can be a bit overwhelming at first.

The Elder Scrolls conversion and other fun creations.
scottder
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, this is exactly what I was looking for!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: The Weird West All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: