Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Devices in the Super Powers Companion ---Help please!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Official Answers on How the Rules In Other Pinnacle Products Work
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BobSagetReturns
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:44 am    Post subject: Devices in the Super Powers Companion ---Help please! Reply with quote

I am very confused.
In the Super Powers Companion, it provides a not so detailed explanation of Devices.
The book says that the Devices(items you can put powers into) are a universal modifier.
This modifier is -1 for every 5 total power points (and part thereof) each power costs after modifiers.
My understanding is that the devices recieve a -1 modifer automatically for every 5 points inveseted into the device.
However, the examples given, read as follows:

Quote:
Figure each type of power the device grants separately—with a minimum cost of 1.
Absorption, which costs 3 points, for example, costs only 2 points if contained in a device.
Armor +6 normally costs 4 points, but costs only 3 if it’s a device (power armor, a vest, and so on).
- Devices, Super Powers Companion, Pinnacle Entertainment Group.

So which one is it?
Do devices get a -1 modifer even if you only use 2 points on one power?
Do they get a -1 modifer just for being on a device?
Or is there something else I'm missing here?
Any help would be great.
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:10 am    Post subject: Re: Devices in the Super Powers Companion ---Help please! Reply with quote

BobSagetReturns wrote:
I am very confused.
In the Super Powers Companion, it provides a not so detailed explanation of Devices.
The book says that the Devices(items you can put powers into) are a universal modifier.
This modifier is -1 for every 5 total power points (and part thereof) each power costs after modifiers.
My understanding is that the devices recieve a -1 modifer automatically for every 5 points inveseted into the device.
However, the examples given, read as follows:

Quote:
Figure each type of power the device grants separately—with a minimum cost of 1.
Absorption, which costs 3 points, for example, costs only 2 points if contained in a device.
Armor +6 normally costs 4 points, but costs only 3 if it’s a device (power armor, a vest, and so on).
- Devices, Super Powers Companion, Pinnacle Entertainment Group.

So which one is it?
Do devices get a -1 modifer even if you only use 2 points on one power?
Do they get a -1 modifer just for being on a device?
Or is there something else I'm missing here?
Any help would be great.

The key point here is that it is -1 for 5 PPs and any "part thereof," meaning anything up to 5 total points provides a -1 modifier.

So to simplify, a power costing 2-5 PPs gets a -1 modifier (since 1 PP is the minimum cost, a 1 PP power would be unaffected). A power costing 6-10 PPs gets a -2 modifier, 11-15 gets a -3, and so on.

Hope that clarifies.

www.peginc.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Official Answers on How the Rules In Other Pinnacle Products Work All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: