Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Power Choices: When are they chosen?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Official Answers on How the Core Rules Work
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CitizenKeen
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Power Choices: When are they chosen? Reply with quote

For spells like Boost/Lower Trait and Environmental Protection, when are those choices made? At power selection, or during casting?

1) If I have Boost/Lower Trait, do I need to select Strength when I take the power, or can I cast it on Strength one round and on Agility the next?

2) If I choose Strength, do I have to choose between Boost and Lower when I choose the power, or can I boost an ally's Strength one action and lower an enemy's the next?

3) During power selection, am I taking Environmental Protection, or Environmental Protection: Underwater? Can I cast EP on my friends for deep space one round, and lava pits the next?

Thank you kindly for all your wonderful help!
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:31 am    Post subject: Re: Power Choices: When are they chosen? Reply with quote

CitizenKeen wrote:
For spells like Boost/Lower Trait and Environmental Protection, when are those choices made? At power selection, or during casting?

Unless the powers are altered by personal or setting-based trappings, they work as listed allowing them to affect any Trait or protect from any environment chosen when they are cast.

CitizenKeen wrote:
1) If I have Boost/Lower Trait, do I need to select Strength when I take the power, or can I cast it on Strength one round and on Agility the next?

The latter (noting that it could affect Fighting, Notice, etc. too since Traits applies to both Attributes and Skills).

CitizenKeen wrote:
3) During power selection, am I taking Environmental Protection, or Environmental Protection: Underwater? Can I cast EP on my friends for deep space one round, and lava pits the next?

Again, barring some alteration to the power, the latter would be correct... though when your friends want to enter lava pits in deep space, you might want to reconsider your choice of friends. Wink

www.peginc.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Official Answers on How the Core Rules Work All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: