Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HOER Free Adventure

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Willis
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:29 am    Post subject: HOER Free Adventure Reply with quote

I'm wanting to start a campaign, let my players create their own characters, and go from there, but I was wondering if you guys thought the free adventure on the website would be a good intro into the setting for people that don't know it well. It's "How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb".
ValhallaGH
Legendary

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A) The pre-generated characters for that are all Seasoned rank. This indicates that it is a dangerous adventure.
B) The foes are very dangerous, especially for players unaware of the tendency of all things Combine to explode.
C) While fun, that adventure is considered non-canonical. That's not generally a problem.
D) It seems to be set before the Harvest.

It will give them lots of information about the setting, but they might not survive the learning.
Willis
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could I use the basis of the adventure to run one like it? What part of the adventure causes problem with storyline stuff?
Willis
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also at the end of the adventure it seems they're given a semi. How would that best be handled? I suppose if they wanted to be a roving band of do-gooders then it could give them a means to do so, while carrying their things and giving them shelter...
ValhallaGH
Legendary

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Willis wrote:
What part of the adventure causes problem with storyline stuff?

You turn someone into a nuclear power.

Quote:
How would [the semi] best be handled?

As a semi truck. There are stats in HOE Reloaded.
Remember, vehicles have to be maintained, fueled, repaired, protected from theft, and are generally limited to roadways. So, while it's a potentially useful tool, the truck has limited use for a roving band of heroes.
Willis
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah ok, I see the point about the nuclear power thing. What would you recommend changing? What could the doctor want them to get that wouldn't be as rediculously powerful?
shinryu
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Willis wrote:
Ah ok, I see the point about the nuclear power thing. What would you recommend changing? What could the doctor want them to get that wouldn't be as rediculously powerful?

Well, there's nuclear, and there's nuclear. Something like a fusion plant or a thorium reactor is pretty nifty but not explody, so it might not be so bad*

*Caveat, read the adventure quite a while ago, don't know if that's necessarily an improvement.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: