Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Some HOE:RL questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tal
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: Some HOE:RL questions Reply with quote

Are anti-tmplars in the book?
How well would the SW Darwin's World books work with HOE:RL? I'm guessing the campaign book might be more useful???
Will we see theme dice, screen, etc like DL:RL? If not I have been using the yellow Nuke dice from Q-workshop and the Bycycle vintage 1800 series cards(the ones that are dirty and faded just like they were found while scavanging) for the PA SW game I've been running.
Kilgore
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anti-templars are mentioned, but only as antagonists. They aren't listed as a choice for PC's. I, personally, am fine with this.
Tal
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kilgore,
Thanks. I'm okay with them being antagonists as well never really bought into them as a PC option. So their mentioned, any stats? or is it simple enough to make them up given what's mentioned?
PlatinumWarlock
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just trade out the sword for the axe, keep the powers as is, and reflavor elements to your favorite death metal soundtrack.

You'll be good to go!
Tal
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay so no stats but easy enough! Thanks
UndeadParrot
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I also couldn't really imagine Antis as PCs and I still can't. Though I liked the idea of taunting the goody-two-shoes heroic Templar with how much easier it would be to gain Powers if he were to quit following Simon's strict teachings.
So would be great if there was a mechanic to reflect this. But then you'd also need something like Corruption etc. etc. Don't know if it's worth it...
Fists-of-Dorn
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Re Reply with quote

Anti-Templars as player characters are more about roleplaying through their discovery of where their power comes from, overcoming the fact that they were duped, and pulling their soul back from the brink of Hell.
The sort of Anti-Templar that taunts a Templar about getting powers more quickly by ignoring Simon's teachings is the sort of power-mad fellow who has most likely already lost his soul or didn't have one to begin with when he joined up ( i.e. joined because it was a quick way to grab some honest-to-God power ) and shouldn't be a player character as it is.
The sort that truly believes he is doing what is best for everyone and whose reasoning can be changed, so that he realizes his folly, can be good player characters. These are the type that generally have Heroic as a hindrance, whereas most Templars should not because of the inherent conflict between that hindrance and their obligation to perform the Test of Truth to Simon's specifications.

As for implementing Anti-Templars in Reloaded it should be as simple as changing up some power descriptions- mostly on the Marshal's end of things to be honest. Other than tabard color and philosophy the two groups don't differ much power wise aside from Anti-Templars not being able to be blessed by the Martyrs, though they can draw power from the Reckoners and their ability to quickly gain greater rewards. As I don't have the HOE Reloaded book I don't know if anything special is listed for the Martyrs' blessings, though I doubt that it would be included. If it is not included then don't bother with trying to stat out the Reckoner's blessings; just leave 'em even. Also not sure about greater rewards being in Reloaded, but if they are then they should be obtainable in a suitable fashion.

-Fists.
Willis
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dorn, what secret could they find out? I evidently don't know everything about the templars...
Capnsmitty19
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoilers for those who need it...

The anti-Templar actually get their power from the Reckoners, so that's why it is "easier" for them to gain power, at the low low cost of their souls...

"A Great Leader can see a better future, you know like Thomas Jefferson, or the kid from the Terminator movies"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: