Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Adios, A-Mi-Go! Reloaded Conversion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: The Weird West
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aahz
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:30 am    Post subject: Adios, A-Mi-Go! Reloaded Conversion Reply with quote

I recently ran my Deadlands: Reloaded posse through the old Adios, A-Mi-Go! Dime Novel. If you would like to check them out, my conversion notes are posted on RPGGeek. I also have my campaign notes posted on Obsidian Portal for those of you interested in reading how it went.

Kerry
“Whenever I see an old lady slip and fall on a wet sidewalk, my first instinct is to laugh. But then I think, what if I was an ant, and she fell on me. Then it wouldn't seem quite so funny.” - Jack Handey
====================
PlatinumWarlock
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is brilliant, brother! Adios A-MiGo might be my favorite Deadlands module that I've never run, and I'd been struggling with what to do with my players next week!

Your timing couldn't have been better! Very Happy I'll be sure to post how it goes!
Aahz
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I highly recommend reading Lovecraft's The Whisperer in the Darkness before running the adventure. I wish I had re-read it to have it fresh in my memory; I think I would have played the mi-go better.

Kerry
“Whenever I see an old lady slip and fall on a wet sidewalk, my first instinct is to laugh. But then I think, what if I was an ant, and she fell on me. Then it wouldn't seem quite so funny.” - Jack Handey
====================
Tavis
Heroic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my favourite roleplay moments ever came from Adios-a-Mi-Go.

Two words that brought the whole gaming table to a standstill.

Spoiler
Quote:
"You Explode", said when a player ignored the descriptions of things getting worse as he walked closer and closer to a shrine to a dark god ...

SWD: 50 Fathoms (GM)
Aahz
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just discovered that Lost Sons has a new little adventure with New Jerusalem and certain fungus-based life forms. I am gonna have to get that book! My statistics probably won't match since I was totally unaware of the new adventure at the time.

Kerry
====================
PlatinumWarlock
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to update you on how my session of this went!

My posse took on this adventure at Heroic tier, with New Jerusalem taking the place of one of the glyph spots in "The Flood". My reasoning was that the weakened veil between worlds--upon which the mi-go built their gate--were caused by the glyph itself, leading to the towns appearance.

The stupefying virus proved dire even at the very start, as a few failed rolls dropped my wife's Hopi shamaness just as the posse was investigating the Brain Cylinder chamber! This made for a great combat as the group had to fight off the mi-go workers while trying to grapple her and sedate her with morphine, all while the poor brains-in-jars screamed for the release of sweet, sweet death.

Successfully sedating her shamaness, the group secured my wife's character, and I let her play Oliver Pickman for the remainder of the scenario. Shes a huge Cthulhu buff, so when she saw his true identity, she just smiled ear to ear.

The party managed to avoid the black ooze fairly easily, but the entire place was on alert when they managed to make it to the gate chamber. But, the party's adventure cards really did the talking here! Our scrapper character played a card preventing any Soak rolls until a joker was dealt and, wouldn't you know it, I went for 5 rounds of combat without pulling a single joker. As Pickman stayed behind to destroy (and use!) the gate, the posse managed to escape into the night...

The group's Mad scientist, however, proved to be the MVP! Not only did he manage to secure one of the mi-go frost projectors--which he's now using as an Infernal Device, with his first Legendary edge--but he also managed 2 raises when trying to rescucitate the shamaness, curing her intellect-wasting sickness.

My posse, as mentioned, just hit Legendary tier and have one last glyph to find before knocking on the Right Reverand Grimme's cathedral door...
Thunderforge
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you submitted these notes to Pinnacle? I'd love to see them as an official Deadlands Classic to Reloaded Conversion.

The Elder Scrolls conversion and other fun creations.
Cutter XXIII
Legendary

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thunderforge wrote:
Have you submitted these notes to Pinnacle? I'd love to see them as an official Deadlands Classic to Reloaded Conversion.

Not going to happen. The original product was licensed by Chaosium, so that's why the official conversion appears in The Last Sons with the serial numbers filed off (i.e., "fungus things" instead of Mi-Go).
Thunderforge
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's too bad, I was hoping that since Pinnacle owns the scenario and is still selling it that this conversion would be able to become official. But oh well, at least we have this.

Cutter XXIII
Legendary

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thunderforge wrote:
That's too bad, I was hoping that since Pinnacle owns the scenario and is still selling it that this conversion would be able to become official. But oh well, at least we have this.

Yeah, sorry 'bout that. Problem is, owning the remaining copies of the book to sell and owning the IP for the content are two very different things. We only have the former. And publishing a free conversion using our generic stats means giving away a bit more of Last Sons than we'd prefer to.
Thunderforge
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ran Adios A-Mi-go! at my FLGS and had a lot of fun. The best part was when the posse was getting frustrated with the lethargic townspeople. It came to a head when they went to the bank and found out that the townspeople just left the vault open. The Huckster got real angry and desperately tried to get a reaction from them:

Quote:
Huckster: Hey everyone! This is a stickup! I'm robbing the bank!

(Blank expressions from the victims).

Huckster: Don't you care!? I'm robbing you all blind! I'm robbing the bank!

(Blank expressions from the victims).

Huckster: (Walks outside) Hey everyone! I'm robbing the bank! Isn't there any law enforcement that wants to stop me!?

Sherif: (He shuffles out of the jail and slowly raises his gun) Stop.

Huckster: Yeah, I'm robbing the bank. Are you going to stop me?

Sherif: Stop.

Huckster: Are you going to send me to jail?

Sherif: (Thinks for a moment) Yes.

Huckster: Well, can I rob the bank first and then go to jail?

Sherif: Uhh... I dunno.

Huckster: Well, why don't you go back into the jail and think about that.

Sherif: Okay. (Turns back into the jail).

Other fun moments:
  • The posse did try to leave New Jerusalem. They then unloaded a whole round of bullets into the population sign out of anger when they saw it again.
  • Oliver got a Critical failure when the gunslinger tried to intimidate him into revealing what was going on (so he told the posse everything).
  • A mi-go warrior tried flying out of the Silver Cylinder Room to warn the others when the Blessed blocked the passageway with a barrier. It stopped it from getting away, but then they realized the mi-go could do nothing but attack them (and this was while they were still using bullets). Oops.
  • They decided to give an earp to all 30 miners in the main mining chamber rather than killing them.
  • The mi-go ambushed them in the portal room, but they killed four of them in one round. The remaining two failed a Spirit roll and fled through the portal.

Unfortunately, they missed the shrine (having decided to go ahead and blow up the portal). But all in all, it was a really fun game with some great moments.

Aahz
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While at GenCon I picked up a copy of The Last Sons. I've updated my conversion notes to include references to that book and keep things somewhat canon. The statistics still don't match, but they are more in line with each other in my opinion. I submitted the pdf to BoardGameGeek but I don't know when it will be approved. When it appears, it should be marked as version 2.00.

Oddly enough, the way my posse ended the adventure is very similar to how it went down officially. If they end up there later or in another game using the new New Jerusalem adventure in The Last Sons, they should recognize it (and man, will they be pissed at Oliver).

Kerry
====================
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: The Weird West All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: