Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reloaded TO Classic Conversion Rules?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amdramnar
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reloaded TO Classic Conversion Rules? Reply with quote

I always prefered the Classic rules over the Savage World rules not to mention I have EVERY book from classic Deadlands, Hell on Earth, and Lost Colony.

I find plenty of Classic to Reloaded conversion posts but so far none the other way. With the new Reloaded line and stuff comming out for that, I may be interested in converting characters, monsters, etc back to the classic versions.
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Reloaded TO Classic Conversion Rules? Reply with quote

Amdramnar wrote:
I always prefered the Classic rules over the Savage World rules not to mention I have EVERY book from classic Deadlands, Hell on Earth, and Lost Colony.

I find plenty of Classic to Reloaded conversion posts but so far none the other way. With the new Reloaded line and stuff comming out for that, I may be interested in converting characters, monsters, etc back to the classic versions.

If you have all the books, then it's simple; just use the stats for the creature listed in the Classic book for 97% of the stuff. Walkin' Dead are Walkin' Dead.

For anything else, those other 97% should give a pretty good idea how to convert over. The primary thing would be any special abilities, but there's likely something similar in Classic somewhere to work from.

If running an adventure, I might keep an eye out for opposition numbers that might be hard to handle in Classic and reduce them.

www.peginc.com
ScooterinAB
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I'm interested in doing is taking some of the unique material, like scrounging/money and the encounter tables and using them in Classic. I'm also interested in looking at Guts, since I agree with Reloaded about people being used to all of the crazy stuff and magic.

I've also been looking at a subset of Junker rules for making quick devices (with the full rules being for that labored creation). I was looking at this independantly of Reloaded, but I may look to it for inspiration.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: