Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vampire the Masquerade - Generation Edge?
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Home-brew Settings & Conversions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
shinryu
Seasoned


Joined: 18 Jul 2011
Posts: 336

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Vampire the Masquerade - Generation Edge? Reply with quote

So, quick one for the group:

I'm doing a conversion for a VTM game and I'm trying to price out the equivalent of Vampire's Generation background. For the unfamiliar, the Generation most importantly effectively determines the size of the character's Blood Pool; in Savage terms this is the Power Point pool (among a few other things), as I'm using the SWD Super Powers to adapt vampiric abilities, so for all intents and purposes a level of Generation in VTM is basically Power Points. The catch is you can only increase Generation at character creation; any other increases to the pool are locked away forever unless you're willing to commit some particularly heinous version of murder on your fellow vampire or have access to some rare and powerful sorcery (or, more likely, are doing favors for someone who does).

So, the rub here is that you should be able in VTM terms to put together a vampire that starts at 8th Generation (or has five levels of Power Points in SWD); of course this is basically impossible to do given standard character creation. So I'm wondering if, given the inability to ever increase available Power Points after character creation without doing terrible/very difficult things, either or both of letting an Edge spent on Generation count as two levels/10 points of Power Points and/or allowing something like Super Karma to inflict a Major Hindrance for a level of Generation would be appropriate for the game, or if those would be too imbalancing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GranFalloon
Veteran


Joined: 21 Mar 2007
Posts: 683

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well... are you dead set on the 13 Generations? Even more importantly, does it really need to have a direct effect on game mechanics? For myself, I prefer the Blood Potency equivalent from The Requiem (but then, I prefer most things about NWoD over OWoD).

Deadlands has an Edge called "Veteran o' the Weird West." A character with this edge starts on rank higher, but suffers some random drawback. Weird War II has something much like it. You could make an Edge that does something similar, call it "Elder" or something. Characters without this edge are assumed to be of the 13th Generation (or thereabouts. Does a neonate really need to know his exact family tree up to Caine? I would think Vampire culture is just dripping with disinformation), but Generation doesn't have a direct effect on mechanics.

Characters with the Elder Edge are older and of a lower generation, and start at Seasoned. There should be a number of drawbacks to this edge, such as lower humanity, a difficulty adapting to modern times, or things like that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
shinryu
Seasoned


Joined: 18 Jul 2011
Posts: 336

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GranFalloon wrote:
Well... are you dead set on the 13 Generations? Even more importantly, does it really need to have a direct effect on game mechanics? For myself, I prefer the Blood Potency equivalent from The Requiem (but then, I prefer most things about NWoD over OWoD).


Honestly, I prefer a lot of the NWoD changes too, but the players have specifically requested going VtM, so I'm trying to be as accurate as I can. Careful what you wish for and all...

Quote:
Deadlands has an Edge called "Veteran o' the Weird West." A character with this edge starts on rank higher, but suffers some random drawback. Weird War II has something much like it. You could make an Edge that does something similar, call it "Elder" or something. Characters without this edge are assumed to be of the 13th Generation (or thereabouts. Does a neonate really need to know his exact family tree up to Caine? I would think Vampire culture is just dripping with disinformation), but Generation doesn't have a direct effect on mechanics.

Characters with the Elder Edge are older and of a lower generation, and start at Seasoned. There should be a number of drawbacks to this edge, such as lower humanity, a difficulty adapting to modern times, or things like that.


Yeah, I basically ripped Veteran of (Weird/Wasted) West and called it Age; I'm using Sanity to stand in for Humanity and so I'm taking a permanent whack off the top of that + possibly a roll on the Insanity table for each level of Age you take. I also tweaked noble to give Generation instead of Rich, guessing that if you're higher up in at least the Camarilla or Sabbat you've probably got a little thicker blood than normal. I had not been adding Generation on top of Age but I did specify you could spend its advances on Generation as a special case.

I'm also toying with the idea of Minor Hindrances for Diablerist or Insane/Abusive or Outcast Sire; you do get the hit of Generation (so they're Minor, in the vein of Obesity giving +1 Toughness) but you're either a confirmed murder (-1 to that Sanity and god help you if they read your aura in some places) or you have an abusive dad with fangs and/or everyone thinks you're descended from a tainted or traitorous line. Could be abusable but I think if I'm properly cruel it won't be too bad.[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Zadmar
Legendary


Joined: 10 Nov 2010
Posts: 2239
Location: Munich

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I would probably just add an "Ancilla" edge which gives +5 PP, and an "Elder" edge which requires Ancilla and gives another +5 PP, and have that replace the Power Points edge (effectively they become trappings for the Power Points edge). I guess you could also have a "Fledgling" hindrance which reduces the available PP as well.

However if you really want the individual generations, one option might be to treat "Generation" as an unlinked skill that can only be purchased during character creation, and which gives an extra die PP (with "unskilled" giving +2). Thus 9th Generation would cost 2 advances and give +10 PP - the same as taking Power Points, but more granular. Once again I'd suggest using this instead of the Power Points edge.

Generation could only be improved through diablerie, and you could use a system similar to Knowledge (Mythos) from RoC for increasing it, except it would lower your humanity instead of your sanity (although I guess the results would be much the same). The Dark Secret hindrance from RoC would also be perfect for a diablerist, at least within a Camerilla-controlled domain.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
samuraicrab
Seasoned


Joined: 22 Jun 2012
Posts: 164
Location: Pawtucket,RI

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd tell the players TOUGH TACOS and use blood potency. Each Rank it goues up automatically. Or you buy an edge for it. The whole generation thing from oWoD was bullocks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
newForumNewName
Heroic


Joined: 22 Oct 2010
Posts: 1796
Location: Broomfield, CO

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

samuraicrab wrote:
I'd tell the players TOUGH TACOS and use blood potency. Each Rank it goues up automatically. Or you buy an edge for it. The whole generation thing from oWoD was bullocks.

I dunno. I thought that one good thing about it was that in order to become more powerful it forced diablerie.
_________________
"I had a whole bunch of advice for you but got ninja'd by newForumNewName. I'd just do what he says." -- 77IM

"While nFNN could be less of a jerk about how he says what he says, what he says is essentially correct." -- ValhallaGH
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
newForumNewName
Heroic


Joined: 22 Oct 2010
Posts: 1796
Location: Broomfield, CO

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Vampire the Masquerade - Generation Edge? Reply with quote

A bit more on topic...

shinryu wrote:
So, quick one for the group:

I'm doing a conversion for a VTM game and I'm trying to price out the equivalent of Vampire's Generation background. For the unfamiliar, the Generation most importantly effectively determines the size of the character's Blood Pool; in Savage terms this is the Power Point pool (among a few other things), as I'm using the SWD Super Powers to adapt vampiric abilities, so for all intents and purposes a level of Generation in VTM is basically Power Points. The catch is you can only increase Generation at character creation; any other increases to the pool are locked away forever unless you're willing to commit some particularly heinous version of murder on your fellow vampire or have access to some rare and powerful sorcery (or, more likely, are doing favors for someone who does).

So, the rub here is that you should be able in VTM terms to put together a vampire that starts at 8th Generation (or has five levels of Power Points in SWD); of course this is basically impossible to do given standard character creation. So I'm wondering if, given the inability to ever increase available Power Points after character creation without doing terrible/very difficult things, either or both of letting an Edge spent on Generation count as two levels/10 points of Power Points and/or allowing something like Super Karma to inflict a Major Hindrance for a level of Generation would be appropriate for the game, or if those would be too imbalancing.

I would recommend just buying V20 instead of going through the headache of converting everything. I love me some Savage Worlds, but really there isn't anything quite vampire-y in the way that Masquerade was. Maybe Shanghai: Vampocalypse has some vampire treatment for Savage Worlds, but I haven't read it yet.

If you are dead set on Savaging VtM, I would go with the generation thing controlling the amount of total "power points" that vampire characters get. Obviously, power points can only be renewed by feeding and there are certain powers that come standard as a vampire, but it really could be done pretty easily as an edge.
_________________
"I had a whole bunch of advice for you but got ninja'd by newForumNewName. I'd just do what he says." -- 77IM

"While nFNN could be less of a jerk about how he says what he says, what he says is essentially correct." -- ValhallaGH
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Zadmar
Legendary


Joined: 10 Nov 2010
Posts: 2239
Location: Munich

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

newForumNewName wrote:
samuraicrab wrote:
I'd tell the players TOUGH TACOS and use blood potency. Each Rank it goues up automatically. Or you buy an edge for it. The whole generation thing from oWoD was bullocks.

I dunno. I thought that one good thing about it was that in order to become more powerful it forced diablerie.

I liked the generation rules as well, mostly because it enforced a sort of feudal class system which meshed really well with the political aspects of the setting. The whole "temptation for power through evil" also fit the dark theme.

newForumNewName wrote:
I would recommend just buying V20 instead of going through the headache of converting everything. I love me some Savage Worlds, but really there isn't anything quite vampire-y in the way that Masquerade was.

The WoD systems are fine for political, investigative, and story-based games, but IMO they are not well suited to tactical combat. I've run several WoD campaigns, and while combat was rare, it still came up from time to time - and it just wasn't exciting. Fighting the Big Bad came down to who had the biggest fist full of dice.

I also created an online game that was pretty faithful to the oWoD mechanics, and discovered the hard way just how badly some of the disciplines were balanced. I have a few (very) minor issues with game balance in SW, but overall it's exceptionally well balanced for tactical play - while still providing the same degree of support for political and investigative style skill-based gameplay. That's one of the main reasons why I switched to SW, after yo-yoing back and forth between WoD and D&D.

If I were going to run another VtM campaign, I would keep the theme and use SW, recreating the flavour of the disciplines using the SPC or my Supernaturalis rules. I wouldn't bother using blood points, I disliked tracking them in WoD just as I disliked tracking PP in SW.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
samuraicrab
Seasoned


Joined: 22 Jun 2012
Posts: 164
Location: Pawtucket,RI

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Savage heroes has an old VtM. That might be the place to start looking.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
shinryu
Seasoned


Joined: 18 Jul 2011
Posts: 336

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestions, all. As I think about it more I'm warming to the idea of Generation as a virtual "skill"; I don't think it's quite worth as much as an Attribute and I already like to handle Wealth this way as per the old Shark Bites. Also, I'm already doing this for Disciplines (basically, in-clan disciplines are always "beneath" the controlling attribute, out-of-clan are always above), and I think this would be fine to handle Status as well. So I figure I'll give players an extra 5-8 "skill" points to distribute between Disciplines, Generation, Wealth, and Status and let them figure it out. They've done this dance before (mostly) so I think it'll work out ok. Might also use bits of the SPC Headquarters system to deal with Haven, using the same points.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
samuraicrab
Seasoned


Joined: 22 Jun 2012
Posts: 164
Location: Pawtucket,RI

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beware you don't wind up running a dark superheroes game where the PCs must recharge their blood batteries routinely. While this route may be fun it really destroys the horror of the setting.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
ValhallaGH
Legendary


Joined: 25 Apr 2010
Posts: 6223

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

samuraicrab wrote:
Beware you don't wind up running a dark superheroes game where the PCs must recharge their blood batteries routinely. While this route may be fun it really destroys the horror of the setting.

The Masquerade is not about horror. It's about being a super-sexy, super-dangerous, bad-ass monster; it's a power fantasy.
Horror is a power-denial fantasy (the monster has you terribly outclassed and you're going to die; you're only hope is to die in an awesome way and maybe take the monster with you). In the Masquerade, you're more like a socially-focused D&D group: awesome people fighting against an established and awesome power. You can kick his teeth in, but getting into a position to survive the fallout is going to be tricky.
_________________
"Got a problem? I've got the solution: Rocket Launcher."
"Not against a Servitor."
"... We're all gonna die."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
shinryu
Seasoned


Joined: 18 Jul 2011
Posts: 336

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ValhallaGH wrote:
samuraicrab wrote:
Beware you don't wind up running a dark superheroes game where the PCs must recharge their blood batteries routinely. While this route may be fun it really destroys the horror of the setting.

The Masquerade is not about horror. It's about being a super-sexy, super-dangerous, bad-ass monster; it's a power fantasy.
Horror is a power-denial fantasy (the monster has you terribly outclassed and you're going to die; you're only hope is to die in an awesome way and maybe take the monster with you). In the Masquerade, you're more like a socially-focused D&D group: awesome people fighting against an established and awesome power. You can kick his teeth in, but getting into a position to survive the fallout is going to be tricky.


In this case we're really swinging more in this direction (it's a one-shot, might become a longer game if it works out) and I agree the game really tends to end up in this direction, but Masquerade can so do horror. You have to have the right players, but I've pulled off the intended personal horror of being a terrible predator, I've pulled off straight body horror, Lovecraftian oh crap horror, and my personal favorite: "what the hell did I just sell my soul to for this terrible power" horror. Sometimes, too, you the player can be horrified at what your character does; I think that's a valid response. And while I've had good games in Storyteller, I just can't stand the Storyteller system any more, it just makes me want to eat a bag of nails to have to roll four dice pools to figure anything out. It's really not any better in NWoD, sad to say. Same reason I can't stand SR4A, plus it being broken and Catalyst being a den of thieves from all reports.

So, speaking of broken: how you all would do Celerity? My current thought (trying to stick to as-written powers and since this is supposed to be OG masquerade) for the Celerity skill tree is:

d4: Speed
d6: Speed + raise effect
d8: Redraw 8 or less on initiative (as the Quickness raise effect)
d10: Nothing for you.
d12: Quickness

costing the appropriate power points per round.
However, I've heard V20 just adds the Celerity level to the Dexterity pool, and that's an interesting idea: maybe add half the die type as a flat bonus to any Agility/Agility linked skills and Pace and as a penalty to be hit, figure it uses 5 points a round as per a rough combination of Boost Trait/Deflection/Speed. You could still take multiple actions as this would offset the penalty but it might not get as out of hand as with Quickness. Or is this too much?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Zadmar
Legendary


Joined: 10 Nov 2010
Posts: 2239
Location: Munich

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ValhallaGH wrote:
The Masquerade is not about horror. It's about being a super-sexy, super-dangerous, bad-ass monster; it's a power fantasy.

It can be played that way, and I'm sure many people do so, but the defining theme is supposed to be one of personal horror:

Quote:
In roleplaying games, horror is traditionally invasive. Games such as Call of Cthulhu or Chill depend on the a fair degree of contrast: the characters are decidedly heroic defenders against incursions from the unknown. Horror comes from recognizing that the universe is hostile, or that evil exists outside of the characters.

In contrast, the Vampire games focus on the character's own evil. A Vampire is a character who is fundamentally unable to control himself under specific circumstances, whether due to specific events (such as frenzy) or the constant degradation of the character's humanity as the story progresses. Vampire is therefore not just a horror game, but a tragic horror game - the characters are evil, become progressively more evil, and are aware that these are conscious choices that they have made.

Personally I would tend to view it more as dark fantasy/supernatural horror.

shinryu wrote:
So, speaking of broken: how you all would do Celerity?

You could just assign different edges or powers to each rank, but personally I'd be tempted to use something that automatocally scales for Celerity (the same as Potence and Fortitude). Perhaps something like this:

Celerity

* Add half your Celerity die to your Pace.
* When running, roll your Celerity die in addition to the normal d6.
* Each die step allows you to ignore 1 point of MAP or Rapid Attack penalty.
* Redraw initiative cards equal or lower than half your Celerity die.

Thus Celerity d4 (1 dot) would have a Pace of 8, roll d6+d4 when running, ignore 1 point of MAP, and redraw 2s during combat. Celerity d12 (5 dots) would have a Pace of 12, roll d6+d12 when running, ignore 5 points of MAP, and redraw 6s or lower in combat.

That is pretty strong, but for 1 advance per rank it's also not cheap. Rank 4 would let you Rapid Attack without an attack penalty. But for the same number of advances, you could get Frenzy, Improved Frenzy, Ambidextrous and Two-Fisted - and while they wouldn't give you that superb Pace, they also wouldn't suffer from Rapid Attack's -2 Parry.

It's a little weaker than your proposal, but not much - and it's more granular, so movement rate gets a bit better each time, you become increasingly good at performing multiple actions, etc.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Takeda
Heroic


Joined: 28 Apr 2009
Posts: 1438

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the idea of granting extra Generation edges for elders (Like Veteran of the Ol' West from DLR) at a cost. You either buy them at a 1:1 Edge for Edge cost or you get a batch of 4 of them with the Veteran-analog. So say you wanted to be 8th Gen you'd need to buy two Edges (Very-Thick-Blooded) and Improved Generation which would get you the -5 total to your Generation.

The 'Disadvantage' to the Very-Thick-Blooded Edge (which could be in 2-Gen and 4-Gen versions and corresponding disadvantage) could be picked from a short list so they will be flexible to various Backgrounds.

Really if you're emulating the original source material you'd need two different pools: Blood POints and Power Points. In the original you could use your Disciplines as often as you like but unless you want to generate a PP-less system for Disciplines a PP Pool does the job.

The Generation edge grants a bonus to BP (Blood Points) for Vampire abilities. So say you're a Vamp, default 13th gen. (You can have a Hindrance (Major) where you start at 14th Generation.) For every lower generation down to 8th (typically) you get a bonus of +2 BP and +1 PP. So a brand new 8th Gen Vamp will have +10 BP and +5 PP.

Keeping with the original source material for every Generation difference between your Vamp and your target Vamp would give you a +1 if you're higher or a -1 if you're lower. Some powers are Generation-Locked in that you can't affect a Vamp of a lower-generation than yourself. (I think Domination was IIRC.)

Each Clan (Bloodline) of Vamp could be a different Arcane Background to reflect a different list of Disciplines (as available powers) powered by Power-Points. Easy enough to split up all the powers into Disciplines sort of like Spell-Schools. Brujah had Celerity, Potence & Presence as an example. If you wanted to use a power from outside or your Clan you first need someone to teach you and it will always cost +1 PP to activate. I could see there being the ability to power your Vamp abilities with Blood in which case you could trade in BP (Blood Points) for PP (Power Points) at a 1:1 ratio. Needless to say the only way to recover Blood Points is with ingesting blood. Power Points will recover like usual (default 1PP/Hour).

Blood Points (base 5 at 13th Generation) can be spent freely to power a short list of abilities all Vamp can do such as Healing, Waking (at Dusk), Boosting a physical trait by 1-die-type for one scene, flush with blood to appear less pale for 1-scene, etc.

Unless damage caused to a Vamp is 'Aggravated' it just causes Fatigue but there is no point where Fatigue leads to unconsciousness but the penalties keep building. You can't kill a Vamp by punching it, slashing at it or shooting it ... but you can knock it down and keep it down by keeping the beat-down going. 1-Blood point will heal one Fatigue Level on a 1:1 basis at a maximum rate of 1 BP/Rd at 12th-13th Gen, 2 BP/Rnd at 10th-11th Gen, 3 BP/Rnd at 8th-9th Gen.

You can do enough to put a Vamp into a coma without causing 'Aggravated' damage. A Vamp in a coma (called Torpor) is unable to do anything to help themselves. Unless a vampire is beheaded or physically destroyed it will just remain in a state of Torpor indefinitely. You could seal a Vamp in concrete and 100-years later dig them up, and inject them with blood and when all their injuries have (auto-healed) to where they are at say -6 (Fatigue Levels) they regain consciousness (they're totally useless) but at least not in Torpor. Healing Aggravated Damage is much slower. It costs 3 BP & 3 PP and takes 1-hour (at least, mileage may vary).

Really it's not rocket science to have two pools for each character and using Savage Worlds as the core system it will play out far-faster than the originating system I can assure you.
_________________
Dean: "Ya' know she could be faking."
Sam: "Yeah, what do you wanna do, poke her with a stick?"
[Dean nods]
Sam: "Dude, you're not gonna poke her with a stick?"
Supernatural Quotes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ValhallaGH
Legendary


Joined: 25 Apr 2010
Posts: 6223

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zadmar wrote:
ValhallaGH wrote:
The Masquerade is not about horror. It's about being a super-sexy, super-dangerous, bad-ass monster; it's a power fantasy.

It can be played that way, and I'm sure many people do so, but the defining theme is supposed to be one of personal horror:

That's what I said. However, my statement assumed the players had shifted their attitudes to be perfectly cool with the monstrous nature of their characters - I have heard of groups that are "horrified" by their terrible actions, but all the groups I've met have seen mortals as walking Capri-Sun Blood.

Hell, the introduction for Dudes of Legend says it better than I ever could.
Quote:
The angst was just supposed to be an excuse for the hot goth fashions; we all reveled in the power and the violence, the sex without consequences, and a life immortal where little humans danced to our tunes.


... Though, this entire conversation is irrelevant to the thread, so I'll shut up about it now. Though PM discussions are welcome. Very Happy
_________________
"Got a problem? I've got the solution: Rocket Launcher."
"Not against a Servitor."
"... We're all gonna die."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
newForumNewName
Heroic


Joined: 22 Oct 2010
Posts: 1796
Location: Broomfield, CO

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shinryu wrote:
but Masquerade can so do horror.

Stop right there. Just re-read what you've written and think about it.

Now I'm going to replace the noun in there to let you see how that statement is just very bad:

"but fluffy bunnies can so do horror."

"but D&D can so do horror."

"but plastic bags can so do horror."

"but Magic: The Gathering can so do horror."

"but Dracula can so do horror."

"but Hentai can so do horror."

"but Fraggle Rock can so do horror."

"but ramen noodles can so do horror."

Every single noun that I used could be used to do horror. Some are more apt than others. I think that what one ought to consider is how apt a particular thing is at, in this case, horror before evaluating it as that type of thing. The tongue-in-cheek, April Fool's joke production Dudes of Legend has a good amount of truth to it though.

Vampire: The Masquerade isn't a horror game. It's a gothic punk game. It sure can do horror, even personal horror, but that isn't the default.

EDIT: And I wouldn't try to convert everything about VtM. I would just make Savage Vampire pretty much from scratch. Don't even use the same terms, if you can help it. Ignore the urge to convert each power. It won't be as good as it could be.
_________________
"I had a whole bunch of advice for you but got ninja'd by newForumNewName. I'd just do what he says." -- 77IM

"While nFNN could be less of a jerk about how he says what he says, what he says is essentially correct." -- ValhallaGH
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
VonDan
Legendary


Joined: 08 Jul 2008
Posts: 3856

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made a few new things up for a setting about when the goths invaded Rome


New Skills

Knowledge Mascara
Knowledge Macabre Poetry


Edges: Dry Crying (can keep makeup from running when crying for attention)

Hindrance: My parents just donít understand me Ė2 spirit rolls
Hindrance: Addiction to Grape Juice (that he pretends is blood)
Hindrance: Depressive Attitude -2 Cha
_________________
http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h51/Vondan/
https://www.etsy.com/shop/VonDanLeatherworks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
newForumNewName
Heroic


Joined: 22 Oct 2010
Posts: 1796
Location: Broomfield, CO

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a few ideas:

Only Vampires and certain mortal heroes are Wild Cards.

Vampires are immediately incapacitated by a called shot to the heart that does at least one wound.

Vampires only die from fire. Everything else heals at the normal rate.

Use the AB: Superpowers as a guide for vampiric powers.
_________________
"I had a whole bunch of advice for you but got ninja'd by newForumNewName. I'd just do what he says." -- 77IM

"While nFNN could be less of a jerk about how he says what he says, what he says is essentially correct." -- ValhallaGH
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Takeda
Heroic


Joined: 28 Apr 2009
Posts: 1438

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VonDan wrote:
I made a few new things up for a setting about when the goths invaded Rome


New Skills

Knowledge Mascara
Knowledge Macabre Poetry


Edges: Dry Crying (can keep makeup from running when crying for attention)

Hindrance: My parents just donít understand me Ė2 spirit rolls
Hindrance: Addiction to Grape Juice (that he pretends is blood)
Hindrance: Depressive Attitude -2 Cha


Gold Star! Mr. Green
_________________
Dean: "Ya' know she could be faking."
Sam: "Yeah, what do you wanna do, poke her with a stick?"
[Dean nods]
Sam: "Dude, you're not gonna poke her with a stick?"
Supernatural Quotes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Home-brew Settings & Conversions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum