Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Berzerk and Shaken

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Official Answers on How the Core Rules Work
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hand-E-Food
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Berzerk and Shaken Reply with quote

Hi!

I'm fairly sure I know the answer to this, but I just want clarification.

If a character with the Berzerk edge takes damage and goes berzerk, they cannot perform any actions that require concentration. Is the Spirit test to recover from being Shaken considered to be a task requiring concentration.

The rules seem to indicate the Spirit test is automatic, so I'm of the mind it doesn't require concentration.

What's the official ruling on this?
jpk
Legendary

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since Clint is enjoying a family vacation, I'll go ahead and give you an answer in case you need it quickly.

The actual text of the Edge is "The warrior ignores all wound modifiers while Berserk, but cannot use any skills, Edges, or maneuvers that require concentration, including Shooting and Taunt, but not Intimidation."

The free attempt to recover from being Shaken is not the use of a skill, Edge, or maneuver of any sort, so it's not covered. You can attempt to recover from Shaken completely normally while berserk.

Clint may have additional details or a different formal line of reasoning on his return.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Official Answers on How the Core Rules Work All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: